MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

Spotting in Hong Kong

Sneeze and Suzuki san, nice shots from HKG. :good:

So many different airlines in good light. :blink:

I am sure you guys got GB after GB filled in your memory cards. :p

That Air France Cargo plane is now wearing its true AF "dirty" colours... :pardon:

- Vivek

Planes need to fly and generate money and not be on the ground to get their wash :p :p

Excellent shots, guys: HKG, indeed, has some fantastic traffic !!! :yahoo:

not blue sky  :rofl:

When I was there last month, weather was awful. Maybe its still not good - I see the CNN shots of Victoria Harbour every day and they almost always show haze or bad weather!

This was one I shot airside - not good!

HKG_JAL.jpg

Oops! Will be there next week so hopefully the weather will be kinder.

Some pix to share :D

HKG_HL7419_3971.jpg

Nice subject and location, but poor weather. :(

HKG_JA606A_5044.jpg

Dragonair is going to celebrate her Silver Jubilee, this week a painted A330-300 will be officially presented to the public this week in order to synchronize all the celebrating activities.

Some of you may have already checked out the painted A333 from other Hong Kong spotters. However, for more information regarding the special scheme stay turn on this topic. Hopefully I can share you guys the most updated photos by end of the week.

Cann't wait to see her, Sneeze !!!

Dragonair's first service in 25 years before was flying from Hong Kong to Kota Kinabalu. It seems that there we, Hong Kong people, have established an unbreakable relationship with Malaysian. With this as catalyst, I would like to try all my best to share you guys the livery unveiling ceremony of the Dragonair to mark her 25th anniversary. The ceremony will be held today afternoon, by then the most current special 25th anniversary livery of Dragonair will roll out and show to the public not only in Hong Kong but also most of the other Asia countries.

At the moment, I just hope no rain will fall during the ceremony.

Stay turn and please pray hard for me.

:drinks:

Dragonair's first service in 25 years before was flying from Hong Kong to Kota Kinabalu. It seems that there we, Hong Kong people, have established an unbreakable relationship with Malaysian. With this as catalyst, I would like to try all my best to share you guys the livery unveiling ceremony of the Dragonair to mark her 25th anniversary. The ceremony will be held today afternoon, by then the most current special 25th anniversary livery of Dragonair will roll out and show to the public not only in Hong Kong but also most of the other Asia countries.

Good luck Sneeze.

Hi sneeze, I may be going to Hong Kong in September for 5 days, not confirm yet. Planning to go spotting for 1 day. :rolleyes: I would like to ask if 18-105mm(Nikon D90) is enough for spotting in HK ? If my trip is confirm, can take me around for spotting ? :pardon:

Praying hard for u! :)

Please post the pix, whatever the quality they may be! I was in HKG beginning to mid April and it was very hazy that I saw nothing when going up the Ngong Pin 360 cable car! So I was very glad that you managed to shoot the view from the cable car and shared it with us. Looking forward to the Dragonair livery!

After a week of busy work enhanced with nice weather spotting season, finally I have time to share your guys with the day I was in the ceremony of Dragonair's 25th Anniversary.

Starting her service in 1985 with just one Boeing 737-200A flying to Kota Kinabula, in this 25 years time, Dragonair provides excellent services to her every passengers. No wonder she is recognized in winning the Skytrax's "Best Airline - China" for 6 consecutive years; "Best Regional Airline: SE Asia" in 2008 and "World's Best Regional Airline" in 2010. This affiliate member of oneworld has now a network of 29 destinations over China and rest of Asia with currently operating a fleet of 29 aircrafts (2 more A320-200s will soon join the fleet).

IMG_05532.jpg

IMG_05762.jpg

The tagline "Serving you for 25 years" was painted on the fuselage showing the airline's heart in achieving excellent services to all passengers.

IMG_05762.jpg

IMG_43482.jpg

IMG_05942.jpg

VIPs from the HKSAR government and the airline's management.

IMG_06302.jpg

Lion and Dragon dance for celebration.

IMG_06412.jpg

Skytrax's "World's Best Regional Airline" in 2010! Good Job Dragonair!

Before the ceremony, shower rain over our head. However! Rain stopped and turning clear once the ceremony started. This special painted A330-300 was planned not to roll out due to the rain. However, plan was changed and time to shot!

IMG_06442.jpg

Final Check! Checked!

IMG_43502.jpg

Ready? Buup Buup! Tow Truck Engine Started and ROLL!

IMG_43582.jpg

IMG_43662.jpg

ROLLING OUT!

IMG_06772.jpg

The frontline team and the managements were having shot again with the banner.

IMG_43772.jpg

Close up with the the tagline. And the revised Brand Hong Kong logo, which is the first Dragonair aircraft wearing this revised logo.

IMG_07182.jpg

Always lovely to have such a close up view of aircraft, IMO.

IMG_06862.jpg

Before all invited guests leave the ceremony, these load of newly issued A330-300 B-HYF models were given as gift! Sure I received one as well.

On the fuselage, you can feel the strong oriental style. The flying 36.15 meter long golden dragon aligned with the 20th Anniversary's design to show Dragonair commitment in keeping excellent service, and that the Dragon Story is going forward. The golden and silver Chinese calligraphy reflects Dragonair's Hong Kong heritage.

1720948.jpg

1720947.jpg

According to the information I have received from the ceremony, in order to celebrate her 25th years of service, the airline introduce new Chinese inflight menu with Michelin 1 Star restaurant to offer classic, authentic Chinese cuisine in flight. Hope you enjoy the report and fly on Dragonair later to feel her excellent service.

Thanks for your reading and once again, sorry for my delay.

Hi Guys,

I'm back again! Sorry for being away for such a long time, as some of you might had 1st hand experiences that- "Study Engineering in Univesity does "Consume your life" "

haha, I'm glad that I have survived for another year.

Here are some of the highlight of what I've seen yesterday.

Enjoy~

IMG_4954.jpg

IMG_4968.jpg

IMG_5003.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_5107.jpg

IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5175.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5291.jpg