MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

Spotting in Hong Kong

wooo Raj, those night shots are really stunning. :clapping: must learn how to do night spotting from you, ok? :lol:

Most important of all, Camera must have 3-kaki.. secondly.. it must be night time.. thirdly.. flash phohibited, empatly use remote shutter release... fifthly.. hehehe.. goes on and on... I am not a pro even!!! :pardon:

Raj,

Excellent night-shots with great back-ground !!! :drinks:

No shot of the Qatari A340-600 (my beast for the June trip) ? :huh: :pardon:

Keep those great pictures comin' !!!

perhaps i should try nightshots instead. where did you take the night pictures from, raj? from the terminal itself??

Raj,

No shot of the Qatari A340-600 (my beast for the June trip) ? :huh: :pardon:

Keep those great pictures comin' !!!

Sorry only Qatari shot was in th Cebu 320 photo.

Superb night shots there, Raj C. :clapping: ...

Seen that you didn't take the hotel for HKG nightstop, eh?.. :p ...

Let see some more... ;)

Norman after B-Suites..... Regal is a step down :pardon: (for $276 USD!) Those new comforters on the brand new wood floors... :yahoo: Think we can get 6 of us next time. Anyway I spent shooting till almost 2 and took a short nap and started at 6:20 again before boarding my New York at 9am and then slept the first 8 hours!

perhaps i should try nightshots instead. where did you take the night pictures from, raj? from the terminal itself??

Mostly around gate 23 on both east and west sides. The action was fast as it takes a quite a time to reshift tripod and lenses (Kwek, I do need that clip, and thank you for Cathay shop shopping trip)

I use a medium duty manfretto tripod, 2X2 cloth behind the camera (hand held) to avoid the annoying reflections and most importantly a remote shutter release. Give it a try, best thing, no sun or clouds to worry about :D however you will barely get 2-3 exposure between the tug moving out of position and taxing.

Cheers

No worries Sneeze, I am sure well catch up next time I am in your part of the world. For being the top int'l destination, it was surprisingly no activity between 1am and 6am, however morning was amazing...witnessed 6 744F landing in a row at 6:30am (3 CX, SQ, Martinair, ElAl) followed by 2 additional CX 744!Cheers

Hope I can see you next time you are in.

For the airport, it should still have many CARGO movement during 0100-0600, just the frequency is not that lovely than 00:00-01:00 :)

Some shots before my flight to KUL.QR A346 for uncle Pieter

IMG_6375.jpg

0320-c-fnnd_6404.jpg

New Paint Vs Old Paint; HK Airlines Vs HK Express

0320-b-kbm_6420.jpg

In Flight HKE B-KXE

0320-b-kxe_6599.jpg

Edited by Sneeze Lam

Rai, Sneeze, excellent photos from HKG. I miss that place, dunno when am I able to go back there with D200 :pardon:

Sneeze,

HKE cabin does not look bad at all with those flap-down screens :pardon:

Thanks for the A346: hope you can make a landing shot of the one I'm in :D :good:

Sneeze,

HKE cabin does not look bad at all with those flap-down screens :pardon:

Thanks for the A346: hope you can make a landing shot of the one I'm in :D :good:

Sure I will try to make it possible if I don't need to be at work.

Just would like to present you also the Business Class of HKE. 2 rows, a total of 8 seats

IMG_6643.jpg

After a week of mist/ fog, clear blue sky back to HKG.

So, I went out and have some afternoon spotting. Targeted with AC's B772LR, NH's B773ER and CX's B-KPF and the rest of the ER.

Sad that I was late for the MH Heliconia!! and also the NH's B773ER. However, I was luck to get the ONLY NRT bases B772ER in HKG. As mentioned in A.net by YK that, it flies only from NRT to BKK. :yahoo:

Let's share my pics yesterday:

0405-c-fnnd_8763ssss.jpg

0405-ja710a_8790ssss.jpg

0405-b-kpf_8918ssss.jpg

0405-b-huq_8996ssss.jpg

0405-b-hkh_9018ssss.jpg

Sneeze, when are you sending Asia's World City to KUL?? <_>

I did sent already, Victor got it nailed :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I did sent already, Victor got it nailed :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I want to nail it again in good light Sneeze..send it over to KUL again please..hehehe! :D

WAAAWW Good ones Sneeze! I took the bad weather with me and dropped above the sea in between Tokyo and HKG! :p

I hope you will have nice weather after your Japan trip back in HKG.

Good luck.

We have Serious FOGGY weather this morning again ~_~

We have Serious FOGGY weather this morning again ~_~

What's the usual weather like in June, Taiko Sneeze ?

Wanna be a red crab again... :rofl: :blink:

What's the usual weather like in June, Taiko Sneeze ?

Wanna be a red crab again... :rofl: :blink:

I am not the Taiko, kekeke

June should be nice, however, since predicted this summer will have comparatively more typhoon/ rain than in 2007. Anyway, weather should be blue in summer. Come and see.

Sneeze, these photos are just superb, I really love the Air Canada T7, looks so clean, the silver Cathay Cargo is sweet too, great stuff keep them comming :D

Sneeze, these photos are just superb, I really love the Air Canada T7, looks so clean, the silver Cathay Cargo is sweet too, great stuff keep them comming :D

The AC T7LR is quite new to the fleet. This is the 2nd time getting this plane nailed within a month.

nice pixes there, Sneeze... :clapping: :good: so many wide bodies over there. here only small small mosquito. :(

I prefer a close to runway/taxiway spot rather than YBodies :pardon: