MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

Spotting in Hong Kong

Hi Sneeze,

To answer your question way back in this thread...CAVOK means "Cloud and Visibility OK" in other words, the best conditions for photography.....lucky man.

Wow, the shots from that new spot are GREAT!

I will be in Hong Kong in September and also November.....perhaps we can meet up for some photography. Do you know Anthony Cheng....I met him once about 3 years ago!

Regards

Andrew

Hi Sneeze,

To answer your question way back in this thread...CAVOK means "Cloud and Visibility OK" in other words, the best conditions for photography.....lucky man.

Wow, the shots from that new spot are GREAT!

I will be in Hong Kong in September and also November.....perhaps we can meet up for some photography. Do you know Anthony Cheng....I met him once about 3 years ago!

Regards

Andrew

Thanks Andrew.

Well, I have just over heard Anthony's name through A.net as well as the forum in HK. So, which mean I don't really know who is he... :pardon:

Anyway, I am please to meet you, as well as other guys in the forum, again in HKG to spot together in my place. Please let me know you arrival date, and I will try all my best to manage. :drinks:

After my trip to KUL, I have made a trip out to Macau with my family, needless to say that, I have taken this opportunity heading to the airport for spotting. Since I have just 1+ hour there, so I can't make much shots.

First I met this representative from SIN

0630-9v-tag_5363.jpg

then the BKK representative came after the SIN friend has flown all the way back to home base.

STOP Please~~~~~

0630-hs-aaq_5400-1.jpg

Meanwhile, the other subsidiary of the Thai baby has come and join the party....

0630-9m-aec_5442.jpg

Turkish friend has come as well, but he is now having out-leaving life with the Macau company.

0630-tc-agk_5428.jpg

However, seems they are not really friend with each other, since.......the Thai baby leave right after the big brother arrived.

0630-hs-aaq_5453.jpg

What are the correlation upon the photos? (except they were all taken in MFM)

The answer is: We can see those representatives in MFM in term of plane, on the other hand, we can meet representatives in MWs in term of members.

looks like those AK 733's babies bring thai AK more money, so many differences colour they wear. anyway, nice shot! :good:

The topic has been cooled for quite a few days. So, it is time to have some new uploads here to share.

27/Jul, I woke up at 0545, all the way just heading to the HKIA for 2 specials of the day. The runway in use at that moment was 07L, however, unluckily, when I and my friend arrived the point for 07L take off, we saw just one QF departure and long haven't got one more after that, why? Unluckily, that was the runway change!! And at that moment, a Cargolux rolled to the holding point for the RWY25R. That is nothing, as we were not targeting that. But one of our target, the Yangtze River Express was just rolling right after it. God, not enough time for us to change a slightly better location for that. So, we just tried to have as much shots as we can, as a kind of record.

b-2431.jpg

b2431_0911x.jpg

The 2nd attraction was this.....the flying slim panda. So, cute and lovely, see the big sized panda on the fuselage?

ja606a.jpg

At the meantime, SIA Cargo and a white body UPS were departed to enhance my day of spotting.

9v-sfm.jpg

n288up.jpg

Edited by Sneeze Lam

Sneeze, no worry !! The lucky will follow U !!! Look at Ur photos already know how lucky U are!!! The brand new air cargo also manage to capture !!! :rolleyes: Excellent coverage :clapping: !!! :drinks:

Edited by Andrew Yong

Sneeze, no worry !! The lucky will follow U !!! Look at Ur photos already know how lucky U are!!! The brand new air cargo also manage to capture !!! :rolleyes: Excellent coverage :clapping: !!! :drinks:

Haha, Andrew, thanks for your quick reply.

That was not by luck, because the departure of the B744F was told by my Canton friend, so that's why I have to wake at 0545, since it was estimated to be departed around 0800. If that day wasn't this B744F, I can have one more hour sleep. :pardon: :yahoo:

Nice shots, Sneeze: hope to see the Yangtze Jumbo soon here in AMS :pardon:

Why UPS MD-11 is a/w: just purchased ? :huh:

Why UPS MD-11 is a/w: just purchased ? :huh:

Not sure, but by the internet search, it was ex-SWISS and VARIG, just sold to UPS on Feb, 2007.

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/snee...b2431_0911x.jpg

The 2nd attraction was this.....the flying slim panda. So, cute and lovely, see the big sized panda on the fuselage?

Wow...nice clean Panda there. Really looking forward and hoping to nail her in SIN! :D Hopefully JA606A is still as common in SIN just as she had been before her transformation.

Wow...nice clean Panda there. Really looking forward and hoping to nail her in SIN! :D Hopefully JA606A is still as common in SIN just as she had been before her transformation.

Hoe Jyh,

AFAIK, it will be in HKG for 5 more times in Aug, the rest of time, i guess they will fly mainly to China, anyway, I hope you can have it as well. Good luck.

Nice shots, Sneeze: hope to see the Yangtze Jumbo soon here in AMS :pardon:

Jumbo YangTze..waah...

They only seem to be operating into Europe to LUX at present :(

best shot, IMO! :good: :clapping: HKG traffic really very poison.

Yeah~!!! yeah~!!!... :drinks:

Heard from others that, today was the last day for AC's A345 serving HKG. That means we will soon having B772LR for the AC015/016. However, I was not in HKIA today for that, as i guess there will have nothing special with the two A345s. And today they sent C-GKOL.

Anyway, yesterday was my friend's first T7 flight to KIX with CX, so I was asked and helping him for some shots for such a great moment. Since the attack of typhoon was heading Japan, the flight was delayed with 40 mins. My other friend and I was heated under the 33'C sun. However, we have got something special, as well as new to share with all of you here.

A310F of Fedex, can be seen once only in day time, not sure about the night time.

0803-n454fe_1938.jpg

CO099 sure for Seth

0803-n77012_2110.jpg

B744ER of QF sure for Aussie friends

0803-vh-ojp_1823.jpg

B744F of SIA MegaARK, love to see the new logo paint. Singapore friends, hope you like this.

0803-9v-sfo_1988.jpg

The only E190 in HKG, you can see the detail on the belly, dedicated to Danny.

0803-b-16821_1966.jpg

New CX A330, with painted inner winglets.

0803-b-lae_1974.jpg

Also, newbie in CX fleet, but for the Cargo. B-HKS, ex SIA B744 was flying shiny to KIX. See the wonderful reflections?

0803-b-hks_2031.jpg

Enjoy. :drinks:

Edited by Sneeze Lam

nice pix as usual, sneeze. I really want to go HKG ... hmmmmm

I want to be in KUL. Maybe we try to swap our identity. :yahoo: