MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sneeze Lam

Spotting in Hong Kong

Good shots Sneeze. :clapping:

So many spotting places and got a new SkyDeck some more :drinks:

The weather in HKG must be good nowadays. A friend of mine made a short trip there and reported seeing blue sky most of the time. :rolleyes:

Keep those photos coming.

Blue sky all the way with us and sometimes out of airport, we got CAVOK, what that means?

Definitely meaning HOT!!

So, come to Hong Kong when we have south-bound winds, then you will have a blue sky SUN-Burnt spotting day. :rofl:

Photobucket is now under maintenance, photos will be ready within hours.

Some shots were taken within last week in different spots around HKIA.

Shot from SkyDeck, nailed this SIA 77W with big words in big head style.

0711-9v-swb_8254.jpg

Shot from the maintenance area shore. This is not a common sight in day time. Love to see it due to the delay.

0712-b-2462_8792.jpg

B-HOY, an aircraft hard to nail even in HKG. It mostly flies to North America and Europe. For the free time slot, it occasionally flies for regional shuttle flights. I have overheard that it will soon retire and covert as a BCF. The paint will transfer to one of the 77Ws that will in service this year.

0712-b-hoy_8929.jpg

Evening shot on this bubble gum.

0712-c-ftnq_9729.jpg

Edited by Sneeze Lam

then you will have a blue sky SUN-Burnt spotting day. :rofl:

No doubt, you're referring to me now !!! :p

Nice shots, Sneeze: love the AC !!!

No doubt, you're referring to me now !!! :p

Nice shots, Sneeze: love the AC !!!

Thanks, I didn't :yahoo:

In fact, I have been to the HKIA for 2.5days last week, and now, I look dark like an African. <_>

Hi Sneeze,

Your photos are always lovely. Now that HKG offers such convenience to spot aircraft, I think it is about time for me to bring forward my HK traveling plan and claim my Hui Lau San from you......

Evening shot on this bubble gum.

0712-c-ftnq_9729.jpg

Nice shot of the AC Airbus sneeze.

Lovely Lighting!

Your photos are always lovely.

...claim my Hui Lau San from you......

Thanks Sim, come come come, you are always welcome.

Hui Lau San? Sure, offer you till you get stomachache, kakaka

By the way, talked so much of the SkyDeck but still haven't introduced you guys the Aviation Discovery Center (ADC).

Main door of the ADC, aka the 4D Theater.

MWP1020010.jpg

Once you step in the door, you are on the "RWY25L". This is very true, as the ADC is located the northern side of the T2, near the 25L.

MWP1020008.jpg

As mentioned before, ADC is admission free, if you would like to get the ticket first, you can go heading the ticket counter the left most of the aircraft "simulator". The simulator is just playing video for landing Kai Tak, with some seat effects those, it charge about HK$40, including a in-cockpit photo for you.

MWP1020006.jpg

A model of engine fan, behind is the toilet, family toilet is also available.

MWP1020005.jpg

More are coming

Edited by Sneeze Lam

wow... the light effect of the engine fan-blade just simply amazing... but family toilet? :pardon:

more more pls... haha... :rolleyes:

wow... the light effect of the engine fan-blade just simply amazing... but family toilet? :pardon:

Family toilet means, a toilet for mothers/ladies and the child.

Inside the toilet, there is a normal toilet bowl and a small sized bowl for child. In between there is just a little partition separating adult and child. So that, the child can get fully care but with the less embarrassment.

In fact, such family toilets are all around the T2. I think it is not bad to open the door and have a look if you would like to discover that. Since it is just a single room.

The ADC tries to educate public the basic idea of aviation, as basic as the identifying of different aircraft types.

Models type from very classic to the newly A380, needless to say, there has display also a CX and KA model, a B744 and an A330 respectively.

MW-P1010989.jpg

MW-P1010990.jpg

MW-P1010991.jpg

Still a chapter for the ADC.

Family toilet means, a toilet for mothers/ladies and the child.Inside the toilet, there is a normal toilet bowl and a small sized bowl for child. In between there is just a little partition separating adult and child. So that, the child can get fully care but with the less embarrassment.In fact, such family toilets are all around the T2. I think it is not bad to open the door and have a look if you would like to discover that. Since it is just a single room.The ADC tries to educate public the basic idea of aviation, as basic as the identifying of different aircraft types.Models type from very classic to the newly A380, needless to say, there has display also a CX and KA model, a B744 and an A330 respectively.

MW-P1010989.jpg

MW-P1010990.jpg

MW-P1010991.jpg

Still a chapter for the ADC.

Sneeze, thanx for sharing...such a marvelous picture....didnt realise that the HKIA is so interesting though i been there few time before......by the way I wonder where's the B787 model? :rolleyes:

Haha, I have to ask my 7 dogs in my home.If they have no objection, I guess it will be fine. :rofl:
wow..u keep 7 dogs in ur house? Anyway...just kidding :rolleyes:, just keep posting of ur photos....love to see more new updates.. :drinks:

Sneeze, thanx for sharing...such a marvelous picture....didnt realise that the HKIA is so interesting though i been there few time before......by the way I wonder where's the B787 model? :rolleyes:

I guess the B787 model is the one very behind in this pic http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/snee...MW-P1010989.jpg

doesn't the wing looks alike 787?

The ADC has just opened for a week time, also the T2 has also just opened for around half year, it is no wonder you may not discover this.

Beside the introduction of different aircraft types, some basic technical theories are also included.

Such as:

The concept of how a jet engine works.

MW-P1010992.jpg

Flaps and the wing's operation are also presented.

MW-P1020002.jpg

Cross-sectional model is there to give the visitor a clear know-how to what they are flying.

MW-P1020001.jpg

Except thsoe technical information, our beloved Ah mois and Cabin seats are also shown.

From historical seat......

MW-P1020003.jpg

to the modern CX J seat.

MW-P1020004.jpg

For the ah mois, sorry, just these, disappointed?

MW-P1010999.jpg

Gift shop is there, but not really quite related to the topic, but still worth to have a walk inside.

MW-P1020007.jpg

ADC guide is end......

Comprehensive guide bro, but u'll have to be my guide if i manage to get there... :p

Comprehensive guide bro, but u'll have to be my guide if i manage to get there... :p

See how you luck will be, bro, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But once I have my free time, I give all to you, ok?

Nice shot...cant wait to visit HKIA soon...by the way, how do i access to the flight exibition :clapping: area?

For the way to land on the RWY25L of the ADC. check direct to T1, follow the way points heading to T2, climb to flight Level 1(aka Level5), turn left heading 360.

Keep your present heading untill you pass the check-in counters and shop, turn right heading 090, speed 0.1knot, check direct to the escalator. keep your present speed, untill you reach flt level 2(aka Level6), turn left heading 250, and you are now clear for approach RWY25L.

Descend and speed 0.05knots until 0.05DME, contact counter for ticket. :rofl:

Edited by Sneeze Lam

Sneeze, I went to the Aviation Discovery Centre during May this year and had a good walk inside Terminal 2, since I arrived early into the airport.

Saw most of the items in your pictures, but I was hoping that they presented a better detail model, most of the model are lacking in detail or inaccurate. :( They may be able to satisfy the average Joe, but it is hardly satisfactory for an enthusiast. :(

Nice stuff up there sneeze.. thank for sharing :good: