MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

MAS Will Launch A New Airline, "Firefly"

hi levent... i read airliner world and the airport magazine. why don't u do an article on KLIA or MH. its been a while since MH has appeared in a proper full length article.

will be waiting for april 2nd... :)

See you there Levent. If you see someone with video camera + film camera + digital compact changing equipment one after the other, that'll be me!

Guest Levent
hi levent... i read airliner world and the airport magazine. why don't u do an article on KLIA or MH. its been a while since MH has appeared in a proper full length article.

Your wish is my command... :pardon: I sent in my KLIA article to Airports of the World about a week ago and I expect it to be published in the July/August issue. In the issue before that, May/June, there will be an article of mine about Langkawi airport. I hope to be able to publish at least one article per issue from now on.

Something about MAS is certainly a good idea. As said before, the Firefly article will appear in Airliner World, hopefully in the May issue but I might be too late for that... And of course I am keeping a very close eye on AirAsia X!

See you there Levent. If you see someone with video camera + film camera + digital compact changing equipment one after the other, that'll be me!

Heh, heh, I will probably look pretty much the same! We aviation enthusiasts are easy to spot - no pun intended. You will stay in Kota Bharu on Tuesday and then fly to KUL the next day, right? I will head back to PEN on Firefly's evening flight and return to BKK on AirAsia on Wednesday.

You will stay in Kota Bharu on Tuesday and then fly to KUL the next day, right?

Yes Levent. Leaving KBR for KUL in the evening of the 4th... with ample time for sightseeing around Kota Bharu. I suppose MAS / FireFlyz has a planned itinerary for you and the press corp. Enjoy the sights there.

Did you read my Samui article in the January/February issue? It's a shame that it is a bi-monthly magazine... my head is full with article ideas but it takes a long time to see them in print with these guys! Luckily Airliner World also accepts airport stories.

u wrote that article? :drinks: i really like that article the most since it features all those colorful liveries of the turboprop....very good one!! looking forward for the next one..keep up!!

Guest Levent

Hey guys,

For some reason I couldn't access Malaysianwings throughout the evening, so I wasn't able to post my pictures of the Firefly inaugural ceremony today. Well, it's midnight now and I have to get up at five or so for the inaugural flight to Kota Bharu, so I will post some stuff tomorrow evening, ok?

EDIT> Yikes, it's 1 am already!!! I am looking at the clock on my laptop, which is on Thai time... Oh well...

Edited by Levent

the Dutch online aviation news directory Luchtvaartnieuws.nl.

Enjoy your flights tomorrow, Levent: the Dutch website Luchtvaartnieuws has published on their site about Firefly(z) and said it will publish a more comprehensive article about the airline this coming weekend....guess who's the writer :lol:

Here's what it says:

Nieuwe Maleisische carrier FireFly dinsdag van start

02-04-2007

PENANG - Dinsdag (3 april) gaat in Maleisië de nieuwe regionale luchtvaartmaatschappij FireFly met commerciële vluchten van start. FireFly is een dochteronderneming van Malaysia Airlines en heeft de luchthaven van Penang als thuisbasis. De carrier begint met een vloot van twee Fokker 50’s en een routenetwerk van zes bestemmingen.

Naast de binnenlandse bestemmingen Kota Bharu, Kuala Terangganu, Kuantan en Langkawi, verbindt de maatschappij Penang ook met de Thaise eilanden Phuket en Samui.

Maandag vond op de luchthaven van Penang al een officiële openingsceremonie plaats. FireFly is opgezet volgens de typische basisprincipes van een budgetmaatschappij.

Lees komend weekend op Luchtvaartnieuws.nl een uitgebreid artikel over FireFly.

Guys, you'll get the point, right ? :pardon:

Wow Foo, Great Shots!! These shots are priceless, as usual MW is faster than press. We only get to see it on TV at Buletin 1.30 later.

Just gone to KBR airport to get some shots of the Firefly :)

PICT1908.jpg

are they repairing the taxiway?

are they repairing the taxiway?

Looks like a repavement if not a widening project...

Thanks for the pics, Mr. Foo. Really nice!

And yes Levent and Rozhan, are you in the pics?

Those who have flown today. Several questions that we all want to know... (well at least I want to know)

1. Do you have assigned seats?
  2. What's the baggage weight limit?
  3. How was the flight crew?
  4. How's the flight's experience? Can the rowdy old Fokker handle it? :p
  5. Do you have to buy food? or no food available?
  6. Do you still wanna fly with it again?

Just some questions that have been rushing to through my mind. :) Would love to know more about it :drinks:

Zack

a Pic of the Firefly cabin crew:

http://www.airliners.net/uf/view.file?id=5...8277070nKxX.jpg

Reminded me of Singapore Valuair Uniform (Polo T + Khakis pant/skirt & Sport shoe) but Firefly goes one step further by wearing T-Shirt! (That' true LCC!)

haha.....speechless....the only thing i can say is they really LOW COST

Wow they are all chicks, can't wait till they launch FireFly X nonstop to UK :pardon:

wah....FireFly X...i dont think Mr Tony will happy to hear that... :yahoo:

Guest Levent
Those who have flown today. Several questions that we all want to know... (well at least I want to know)
  1. Do you have assigned seats?
  2. What's the baggage weight limit?
  3. How was the flight crew?
  4. How's the flight's experience? Can the rowdy old Fokker handle it? :p
  5. Do you have to buy food? or no food available?
  6. Do you still wanna fly with it again?
Just some questions that have been rushing to through my mind. :) Would love to know more about it :drinks:

Zack

Hi there, just some short answers to above questions based on my PEN-KBR flight this morning. Will post more info soon!

1. Yes 2. 20 kgs 3. Very nice, friendly, efficient 4. The Fokker can handle anything! Flight was very smooth and comfortable 5. Food and drinks for purchase 6. Sure do!

Guest Levent
PICT1909.jpg

Rozhan and I were still in the aircraft with this last picture. I got the jumpseat for the landing!!! :yahoo:

As I got out of the jumpseat, Rozhan took the chance to get some cockpit shots as well.

Uploading the pics to my computer as I write this. To be continued!

Guest Levent

Hello, hello!

Here are some pics from the inauguration ceremony on Monday. Pics from the PEN/KBR flight today will follow. I will also write a detailed report, but at the moment I am very busy with preparing the various articles for several magazines. I don't want to break your hearts, guys, but I am sure you understand that I have to give them priority! :pardon:

Fokker50s4_lowres.jpg

Fokker50s3_lowres.jpg

9M_MGI3_lowres.jpg

9M_MGK4_lowres.jpg

Fokker50s1_lowres.jpg

Fokker50s2_lowres.jpg

9M_MGI1_lowres.jpg

9M_MGI2_lowres.jpg

9M_MGK1_lowres.jpg

9M_MGK2_lowres.jpg

9M_MGK3_lowres.jpg

yeah Levent, great coverage!! Will be patient for the report :)

Mwings coverage is always the best !! :drinks:

Thanks a lot, guys, for sharing these inaugural pictures: love the colour-scheme and F/A uniforms a lot :good:

Looking forward to your TR and jumpseat pictures, Levent ;)

Hello, hello!

Here are some pics from the inauguration ceremony on Monday. Pics from the PEN/KBR flight today will follow. I will also write a detailed report, but at the moment I am very busy with preparing the various articles for several magazines. I don't want to break your hearts, guys, but I am sure you understand that I have to give them priority! :pardon:

Great shots, Levent. You have put the 400D to good use! :good:

+++

Sign in to follow this