MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Turkish Airlines Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 25 April 2013; Twice Daily from 31 May 2016

That only means KUL works for TK and is profitable. If MH axed IST, they will continue their codesharing with TK as they currently are.

Turkey is heavily investing in their tourism industry, very aggressive I should say. Only issues are the bottleneck at IST airport and sometimes shoddy customer services leave much to be desired.

Edited by JuliusWong

The last news from our spy at the MH Rumour Department is that IST is profitable. This news was vouched first hand during the verge of the routes cut in early 2012, which saw EZE, CPT, JNB, DXB etc leaving the network. 2 years have past by, in which during the time TK has entered the foray, and now is increasing its service to daily, hence I am not sure if the MH's profitability status for this route is still valid. Logically, MH should be badly impacted because TK has grown from null to daily service whilst MH is still stagnant at 2-3 weekly service since then, on the KUL-IST route.

The last news from our spy at the MH Rumour Department is that IST is profitable. This news was vouched first hand during the verge of the routes cut in early 2012, which saw EZE, CPT, JNB, DXB etc leaving the network. 2 years have past by, in which during the time TK has entered the foray, and now is increasing its service to daily, hence I am not sure if the MH's profitability status for this route is still valid. Logically, MH should be badly impacted because TK has grown from null to daily service whilst MH is still stagnant at 2-3 weekly service since then, on the KUL-IST route.

Interesting indeed :) A friend who flew with MH recently on IST to KUL and vice versa was hardly impressed with the C class on board their B772, lotsa cost cutting and quality was compromised apparently. TK seems to have an interesting product, service was however is left to be seen. Good luck to TK in KUL anyway :)

As you know Malaysia Airport bhd is a partner of SAW-SAbiha Gokcen Int. Airport. Other two partners are, one of them from turkey LIMAK and another one a invesment company GMR from India. A few months ago, GMR has ben delivered their huge part of his lots to Malaysia Airport and now they are biggest shareholder over the SAW. Thatswhy, if MH does not use any connection flight to/from IST, maybe transfer to SAW in near future. SAW airport has some of expanding projects such as new parallel runway and much bigger new terminal (if its happend , new one would be 3rd terminal since airport has been built!!!).

Sabiha Gökçen Havalimanı is nice but waaaaay too far to where I always go. Ataturk Havalimanı is an easy-ish and scenic drive down Kennedy Caddesi and into Sultanahmet. Shame it's so crowded these days :(

We have a big problem in here about chambers of taxi drivers. They are blocking many easy transportation to/from airport. WE really don't know how they power over the city directors and government. There is a new metro system in Anatolia side of Istanbul which is connected with MARMARAY (it is crossing Bosphorus under the sea). But, unfortunatelly metro line is not extended to SAbiha Gokcen Airport insistly!!!. Nowadays there is an extention project progress but not to reach Airport still, it will be stop around a few km before airport! if it would be, you can reach to at least Sirkeci station (near of old city and tramline) with the single line it takes around 1 hrs.

MEanwhile, when finished 3rd airport in 4-5 years, believe me it would be far faaaaaaarrrrr away from city :)

Edited by Hakan

compared with MH, TK is better in inflight services.
i used to fly from IST to KL by Turkish airline and the services is awesome indeed!!

but..i agree with suzanne Goh, it's so crowded these days at atarturk airport :( .

in my opinion, cutting cost strategy by MH is dont go anywhere..useless.. because it make a big lost of load ( no attaraction)

Any idea if we can earn Enrich Miles for MH Code share flight with TK on MH5880/5881? Can't seem to find anything on the web on this since TK is not in One World and TK is not listed as partner airlines of Enrich

Any idea if we can earn Enrich Miles for MH Code share flight with TK on MH5880/5881? Can't seem to find anything on the web on this since TK is not in One World and TK is not listed as partner airlines of Enrich

I have taken it the other way around - TK8000 operated by MH and back then, you couldn't earn anything apart from miles on TK Miles & Smiles. Suspect this will conversely be Enrich earning only - no other OW FFP.

I have taken it the other way around - TK8000 operated by MH and back then, you couldn't earn anything apart from miles on TK Miles & Smiles. Suspect this will conversely be Enrich earning only - no other OW FFP.

I just called up Enrich just now. As TK is not in the partner airline for Enrich, we are not able to earn any Enrich miles even though it is code sharing.

I guess QR it is then..too bad MH does not have daily flight

Am I missing something, or is MH's website not displaying any information on their OW partners? I can find a list of non-OW airlines like AF/KL but their own alliance...

Am I missing something, or is MH's website not displaying any information on their OW partners? I can find a list of non-OW airlines like AF/KL but their own alliance...

It's under the "oneworld" section. Upon clicking the link, further links on the booking classes and eligible miles earned will be on the left hand side. I had trouble finding the page myself.

Picking up the slack from MH's impending suspension of IST. Great news for KUL though.

I wish there was some way Air france could reverse their decision on suspending KUL now that MH has down-gauged CDG.

As expected..

Turkish Airlines from 31MAY16 is increasing operations to Malaysia, as overall frequency for Istanbul Ataturk Kuala Lumpur service increases from 10 to 14 weekly. This route will be operated by Airbus A330-300 aircraft.

TK060 IST0115 1650KUL 333 D

TK062 IST1900 1040+1KUL 333 D

TK063 KUL1210 1810IST 333 D

TK061 KUL2325 0525+1IST 333 D

http://airlineroute.net/2015/11/17/tk-kul-jun16/

TK is offering some very attractive fares from the UK at the moment for traveling to KUL. Certainly a serious challenge to Emirates, Etihad and Qatar. For passengers, a good news as more competition will drive the fares down to less than GBP400 for a return ticket, which you could not find in the past.

Time for TK to consider A380! This has been discussed to death in many forum but I guess before TK can sort out ground operation issue at IST, we won't see A380 in TK colours anytime soon.

By the way, they inducted 6 A333, 6 B77W, 15 B739ER, 20 B738, 34 A321, and 6 A319 this year alone.

A massive increase in capacity.