MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Turkish Airlines Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 25 April 2013; Twice Daily from 31 May 2016

Haha, seems like MH's PR isn't that bad after all.

The flight to KUL is indeed assigned to the A343 (all flights, not just for the inaugural). But among those who are familiar with this airline, the A343 has an inferior product to the A330/B77W.

I just like A340 because they're quite rare, compared to Triple 7 and A330. TK ordered a lot of A330/77W. Maybe one day they will send one of their new birds.

Must've been an exciting flight - taxi light on during final stages of parking and flaps not retracted - Airbus hydraulics or after landing checklist oversight?!

Nonetheless! Love the A340 and glad to see THY Turkish back in KUL!

Can't comment on the taxi lights, but there is something about keeping the slats out for parking on the Airbus if OAT exceeds 30 C as it may cause a false warning of overheating to be detected from the bleed ducts on the leading edge.

Edited by Walter Sim

Azizul, thanks for picture of first flight, THY's back in KUL

Sandeep, thanks very much for nice capture of this event

Walter, I added a new information about Airbus in my knowledge,I didn't know that. Thanks for information.

I hope you can see newest A330s or T7s in KUL apron.

Must've been an exciting flight - taxi light on during final stages of parking and flaps not retracted - Airbus hydraulics or after landing checklist oversight?!

Nonetheless! Love the A340 and glad to see THY Turkish back in KUL!

Kenapa dia berhenti?

Dia nak mandi dulu.....

Hahahaha.........

Can't comment on the taxi lights, but there is something about keeping the slats out for parking on the Airbus if OAT exceeds 30 C as it may cause a false warning of overheating to be detected from the bleed ducts on the leading edge. [/size]

Cheers Walter - so you guys must be frequently doing this in KL, or pretty much anywhere in this region?? Is it all Airbus types or just the early generation models?

Cheers Walter - so you guys must be frequently doing this in KL, or pretty much anywhere in this region?? Is it all Airbus types or just the early generation models?

It's just a recommended procedure, not a must :) . Later aircraft with the new mod no longer have this issue .

Service up from 4 weekly to daily in just a year of service, that's a very good news for Malaysia. Demand is definitely there.

They change to a better aircraft too - A330 (product wise).

Service up from 4 weekly to daily in just a year of service, that's a very good news for Malaysia. Demand is definitely there.

They change to a better aircraft too - A330 (product wise).

Great news! Are they changing the aircraft to A333? I remember they have some A332s too which offer very similar products to their A343.

Great news! Are they changing the aircraft to A333? I remember they have some A332s too which offer very similar products to their A343.

GDS is showing "330" - but i looked up the seatmaps - it's a 333, not the 332, which as you say, has similar (similarly inferior) hard products to the 343.

GDS is showing "330" - but i looked up the seatmaps - it's a 333, not the 332, which as you say, has similar (similarly inferior) hard products to the 343.

Thanks for looking this up... :) I'll be flying on their A343 in Y soon... lets see if I can feel any difference in the legroom. IIRC the pitch is 34" ... a rarity these days.

Thank god for TK. My kids studying in Nice FR and Philadelphia are flying home this summer with them - good connections (via IST) and prices too.

TK is the best i think.

last year, i came home from egypt via istanbul. transit for 19 hours..i got free touristanbul package..fully supported by turkish airways. super duper great.

inflight service is awesome as well.