MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Turkish Airlines Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 25 April 2013; Twice Daily from 31 May 2016

So that just confirmed the code share, but they can't be purchased yet from the website (at least TK had it there unlike MH). Together, MH and TK are now offering a (rather) daily flight between KUL and IST.

I just had a play with the TK booking engine. Apparently the flights are now bookable. If you do a straighforward search (e.g. return) only the TK flights show up. However by doing multiple destinations search you'll see the code share flight operated by MH too!!! ex-London Gatwick fares are attractively priced - around £530 (approx RM2550). A stopover in IST outbound brings the fare down further to £470 (RM2250). Bargain no?

They also used to do pretty nice J fare ex-Europe a while ago. Unfortunately I can't see them anymore...

Edited by H C Chai

u serious??? u didnt read this topic from above?

LOL. I bet he has also missed our long debate if Turkish is coming to KUL too. Hehe.

LOL. I bet he has also missed our long debate if Turkish is coming to KUL too. Hehe.

Hehehe, but it's a good way to bump the thread!

It was a real surprise that Turkish was not listed in KLIA Wikipedia several days after the announcement until I amended it. However, it was removed as apparently they claimed the airliner net source was not reliable enough. I reverted to my earlier edit and provided another source and advised the Wikipedia editors to try the dummy booking at the Turkish webpage.

It was a real surprise that Turkish was not listed in KLIA Wikipedia several days after the announcement until I amended it. However, it was removed as apparently they claimed the airliner net source was not reliable enough. I reverted to my earlier edit and provided another source and advised the Wikipedia editors to try the dummy booking at the Turkish webpage.

I don't know what's wrong with these wikipedia 'polices' who kept on removing almost any new airlines inputs especially on the KLIA, KKIA and Penang Airport wikipedia pages. Many times they removed Air France, Ethiopian and the more recent one Turkish Airlines, saying the sources were not reliable enough. I think if they have the time to google, they would have discovered tons of reliable news/sources regarding that.

Edited by reezal

u serious??? u didnt read this topic from above?

Didn't realize the thread was started here. Thought it'd be in Foreign Carriers and Malaysia. My bad :pardon:

Turkish and Air France got their own dedicated threads as they are big news which generated so much interests among forum members.

As the latest official news, Turkish Airlines starts direct flight to Kualalumpur at 25thApril,3 flights in a week (1-4-6). After 17thJune, increase 4flight in a week(1-3-4-6). Promotional fares begins 539euros includes taxes.

Planes will be depart from Istanbul 01:15 (LMT), arrive KL at 16:50 (LMT), return flights departs from KL at 23:15(LMT) arrive to IST 05:35 (LMT).

According by THY web site, A34-300 will be use on this flights. Malaysia Airlines codeshare also in use for MH flights.

I think yes,but I can't see on flightradar24 . According by THY depature and arrival info, plane has been departed at 01:21am(local) and will be arrive to KL at schedule time (schedule 16:50local, estimated 16:27local) .Flight number TK60 /THY60 to KL and return flight TK61/THY61

Edited by Hakan

Could be a bug in FR24. Sometimes the flight number does not correctly identify the route.

It's true, TC-JDK is too old lady. When the new longhaul planes arrives, probably old A340s will retire. THY ordered new 15 (plus2 options) A330-300 to Airbus last october. Also 15 777-300ER ordered to Boeing too. I think they will be replace newest one in next year one by one. You may see 333 or 773 soon.

8cf995fc54b1847630a352c6db628699.jpg

Some mistakes though:

• South EAST Asia, not South West Asia.
  • GMT 8 instead of GMT 5.
  • The TALLEST twin towers instead of the longest twin towers. We don't measure height of a building by its length.

Cute graphic nonetheless. Stolen from TK's Pinterest. http://pinterest.com/pin/65443000807932914/

I sent the mistakes to THY that you have found.