MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Turkish Airlines Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 25 April 2013; Twice Daily from 31 May 2016

Sure, as I said that, when A340s assigned to Singapore route, could be seen in KLIA. Actually there is a bad story about TK's fligt to KLIA. Once, an A310 has been approach to highway instead to rwy (comes from Singapore), crash has been prevent seconds before by tower warn. I read the event on a book which is written by former THY CEO Mr.Cem KOZLU about history of THY and his management.

Also besides Yangon, probably they would fly to Manila, Hanoi and Phnom Penh rather than KL

And very soon to Australia

Edited by Cheng Kit

TK has been mulling flights to KLIA since 2011. The airline was supposed to fly KLIA this year (according to an interview with TK CEO which I forgot where i read it) but I think TK will eventually fly to KLIA next year, 2013. Really hope this flight will materialize.

Turkish Airlines to operate flights to Lankaran

8 December 2012, 14:19 (GMT+04:00)

Azerbaijan, Baku, Dec. 8 / Trend A.Tagiyeva /

Turkish Airlines Turk Hava Yolları (THY) has made a decision to operate regular flights to Lankaran, the Haberturk online newspaper said on Saturday.

THY will also launch flights to the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Chad N'Djamena, the capital of Nepal Kathmandu and the Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif.

The newspaper did not specify the launch date of the flights.

SOURCE:http://en.trend.az/capital/business/2096909.html

And who said they won't fly to KLIA on top of other destinations...

Nobody said they will never, but it is very interesting to see how many have this self indulgence (aka Syoik sendiri) syndrome :)

Turkish Airlines ordered brand new 15 777-300ER to Boeng, plus 5 more options. So they must be find some destinations. There is no official says to KLIA yet, but Kathmandu is speeches nowadays. Probably (as I said that) KLIA can be use a stopover for Australia flights thats are in planning process. This is not mean "KLIA will never be destination if Asutralia plans cancel", many competitor companies flies to Klia which are connected with Istanbul even they can't fly nonstop except MalaysianAirlines. Turkish airlines must be creat an opportunity to himself about pax counts and profitable line.

Very interesting read, with extensive network, there are more transit pax than point to point. Low yield or poor load because home base lacks J-class demand is a lame excuse for airline aiming for international transit pax.

Given number of EK flight ex-KUL, it is a matter of time TK will send their aircraft here to take a piece of pie.

I don't think we should be hoping for Turkish to start KUL services. It'll serve added pressure to MAS, an airline that tries to shy away from the competition.

Thxs.. :drinks: It will be interesting to see what type of a/c they will send to KUL. Will it be 777 or A330? My bet will be the A330 :D

Edited by nrazmoor

Great news! Hopefully it will complement MH's service so it will become a daily TK/MH thing

It's not possible. It could be daily in one direction, but definitely can't do it in two directions. Finally a *A carrier that offers a route of of KUL without going through SIN/BKK!

airlineroute@airlineroute

After 11 years of service cancellation, Turkish Airlines resumes Istanbul - Kuala Lumpur 4 weekly A340 service starting 19JUN13

the latest tweet from @airlineroute

the latest tweet from @airlineroute

Found this at airliners.net, but the flights scheduled to start in April.

TK resumes Kuala Lumpur 4x weekly on A340 effective April 25th.

Mon/Wed/Thu/Sat

TK060 IST-KUL 0115-1650

TK061 KUL-IST 2315-0535+1

Great great news when it is being least expected. Definitely a great start for KLIA for the coup of 2 very large European airlines this year - AF and TK.

Comparison of TK and MH schedule on the KUL-IST route:

IST-KUL

MH 31 Day 136 Dep 1500 Arr 0710+1

TK 60 Day 1346 Dep 0115 Arr 1650

KUL-IST

MH 30 Day 136 Dep 0030 Arr 0600

TK 61 Day 1346 Dep 2315 Arr 0535+1

There has yet to be any announcement from both MH and TK whether they are going to cooperate on the route or not, but the combined schedule is rather good.

The schedule is complimentary to each other although they are operating on the same days. On IST-KUL sector for example, TK departs just past midnight while MH is 14 hours later which suggests that TK passengers will check-in and do all formalities close to midnight a day earlier and vice versa on the KUL-IST sector, where MH will departs just past midnight which suggests that MH passengers will check-in and do all formalities close to midnight a day earlier (day 257 where TK does not have any service).

Looking forward to the development of this route and don't forget that D7 has received all the approvals to ply this route too and definitely will spice things up.

I prefer MH flights, schedule time is much suitable.

Great new indeed. I hope they are doing some introductory offer on KUL - Turkey/Europe. Shame they use the A343 ... it would have been even better if they use the new A333!

D7 might try IST too, or maybe SAW? :-)

Edited by Naim

Woohooo! Just checked the TK website and apparently there are flights of TK operated by MH.

Edited by Mike P

So that just confirmed the code share, but they can't be purchased yet from the website (at least TK had it there unlike MH). Together, MH and TK are now offering a (rather) daily flight between KUL and IST.