MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Daniel Ng

Turkish Airlines Returned to Kuala Lumpur from 25 April 2013; Twice Daily from 31 May 2016

TK has been to KUL 2 times already and left both times.... which is a shame. Will be nice for them to fly daily using a 77W to SYD with full traffic rights (KUL-SYD)

Wow, TK is really expanding: they're also opening up a route to SGN via BKK... :good:

(BKK-SGN-BKK on AF will be withdrawn)

MAHB Expects More Airlines To Land At KLIA

July 28, 2011 20:54 PM

SEPANG, July 28 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) expects more airlines to fly into the KL International Airport (KLIA) by year-end.

"We are hoping to have two or three more airlines landing at the KLIA. These could be from the Middle East. Lion Air has already come in," said Chief Financial Officer Faizal Mansor, at a briefing on MAHB's financial performance for its first half of 2011, here Thursday.

"With Malaysia Airlines' move to join the third largest global airline group, Oneworld, everything is positive. It will make KLIA stronger," he added.

On the progress in MAHB's bid for the expansion of the Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz Airport in Madinah, Faisal said the group expects to know the outcome of the technical perspective of the bid next month.

"We are hoping to score high in the technical area. The result of the whole bid is expected to be known by year-end," he added.

He said MAHB is confident that it would stage a good performance in the second half of its current financial year.

He also said the MAHB is on track to achieve double-digit growth in the number of passengers for its full-year performance ending December 31, 2011.

MAHB posted a net profit of RM170.1 million for its first half ended June 30 2011, an increase of 28.1 per cent from RM132.8 million in the previous corresponding period.

Revenue for the same period grew by 23.5 per cent to RM1.26 billion from RM1.02 billion.

-- BERNAMA

Do we expect Turkish?

http://aviation.bernama.com/news.php?id=604683&lang=en&cat=b

Well done!

"Turkish Airlines has become the airline that flies to the most countries in the world with a total of 100!"

A8jCItsCIAAEquy.jpg

I wonder if they go to Iceland, my destination next Feb. :D

Aurora sightings again Dr?

they say some island by the name Shetland is beautiful as well....

perhaps Dr can include that into your to visit list!

Hahaha yes, another go at the aurora borealis after Tromso last year. Now almost max solar activity in its 12yr cycle, so hoping for the best show. We already hv KUL-IST tix with QR. Now need to add on IST-KEF. :-)

Aurora best spotted Jan-Mar, when weather more stable, sky dark. We were in Tromso in Oct, poor weather but saw some. Too early.

Stupid TK ... They fly everywhere including Mogadishu but not KUL.

Ooh not so stupid from my perspective - there was one fare last time from the USA via IST plus MH code share in J for about 1400 USD. The fare is now 2400 USD (inflasi) - but if they fly their own metal it won't be anywhere near that price (They told me so). Bought a few of those, was definitely the best way home cause stopover allowed in IST also. If they do fly here, i think that fare habis lah.

Ooh not so stupid from my perspective - there was one fare last time from the USA via IST plus MH code share in J for about 1400 USD. The fare is now 2400 USD (inflasi) - but if they fly their own metal it won't be anywhere near that price (They told me so). Bought a few of those, was definitely the best way home cause stopover allowed in IST also. If they do fly here, i think that fare habis lah.

True - but the problem is you can't earn any miles on IST-KUL sector (on almost all *A programs), making it less attractive to *A fliers.

Stupid TK ... They fly everywhere including Mogadishu but not KUL.

Yes, i agreed. Any carrier that does not fly into KUL is plain stoopid, the greatest city on earth :D

Ya, why they don't fly to KUL? I want to spot their B777 with Barcelona paint job. :p

True - but the problem is you can't earn any miles on IST-KUL sector (on almost all *A programs), making it less attractive to *A fliers.

But you DO get 10386 miles on TK miles and smiles. Pretty useless program but they did do a status match for me with a 2 year 7 month validity period so can't conplain :)

They would definitely fly to Yangon more than KLIA

Why? Not only KLIA has a better international connection, better airport facilities, better security and safety and both are muslim nations and both are visa waive.. so why would they definitely fly to Yangon more than KLIA?

Why? Not only KLIA has a better international connection, better airport facilities, better security and safety and both are muslim nations and both are visa waive.. so why would they definitely fly to Yangon more than KLIA?

Because Yangon is more happening than KL now... well, in a way it is. ANA is flying to RGN, so is Asiana and a number of other airlines that do not fly to KLIA :)

Needs more reasons other than just providing the tourists with better airport facilities, better security and safety... commercial viability and attractions for tourist. In terms of cultural tourism, I guess Yangon has more to offer compared to KL.