MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Pieter C.

International Destinations frequencies

Received an overview of International Destinations from Schiphol Airport today and was amazed to see the following frequencies per week available:

(just look and some big differences between KL and "others")

DTW NW 35 KL 00 ohmy.gif

MSP NW 21 KL 00 ohmy.gif

IAH CO 10 KL 10

EWR CO 14 KL 07

THR IR 04 KL 05

KUL MH 07 KL 07 biggrin.gif

SIN SQ 08 KL 07

MNL PR 00 KL 07

HKG CX 07 KL 07

NRT JL 07 KL 07

LON BA 14 KL 17 BD 08 VG 04

CPH SK 04 KL 05

FRA LH 09 KL 04

MUC LH 06 KL 05

ROM AZ 03 KL 05

ZRH LX 04 KL 05

PRG OK 03 KL 02

BUD MA 04 KL 01

NW is operating a whopping 77 flights a week ex Amsterdam ohmy.gif

KUL MH 07 KL 07

LON BA 14 KL 17 BD 08 VG 04

CPH  SK 04  KL 05

FRA  LH 09  KL 04

MUC  LH 06  KL 05

ROM  AZ 03  KL 05

ZRH  LX 04  KL 05

PRG  OK 03 KL 02

BUD  MA 04 KL 01

7425[/snapback]

Something's definitely wrong here.

MH & KL each has 7 flights per week - quoted as KUL MH 07 KL 07. So that's fine.

AZ actually serve AMS 3x a day while KLM fly to FCO 5x a day. So the list should not be "ROM AZ 03 KL 05" but "ROM AZ 21 KL 35" instead if quoted as weekly frequencies.

Sorry Pieter but the list is not really comparing apple to apple. For European destinations, those frequencies should be per day, for longhaul ones per week.

AMS-LON is massive! BA operates 14x a day to AMS (8 ex-LHR, 6 ex-LGW) and KL 17x a day. For KLM, that still does not include AMS-MAN/BHX/NCL/GLA/EDI/BRS/CWL etc blink.gif

KUL  MH 07  KL 07  biggrin.gif

SIN  SQ 08  KL 07

7425[/snapback]

I am really surprised to learn that SQ operates more flights into AMS than MH. I am always under the impression that AMS is the only destination in Europe where MH beats SQ hands down in terms of frequency and capacity.

Good point Keno, I never noticed before, but you're right mellow.gif

They, Schiphol airport, really made a mistake here with weekly and daily frequencies tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Kandiah,

SQ now back to 7x 777 per week (was 8, only peak-season)

MH still at 7x 744 per week (so effectively more seats tongue.gif )

There are rumours now, that MH will become an "alliance member" of Skyteam (a la Kenya Airways) as per 2006 with "sponsorship" of KLM...

There are rumours now, that MH will become an "alliance member" of Skyteam (a la Kenya Airways) as per 2006 with "sponsorship" of KLM...

7508[/snapback]

I hope that's all it is, just rumours.

How can MH only become associate member like Kenya, Tarom, Air Europa and the likes? mad.gif

If placed under the same membership category as these regional carriers then that would be a total disgrace. We're talking about one of only 4 airlines to be classified as 5 star, and one of only 4 airlines in the world to fly to all 6 continents. None of the present members of SkyTeam comes even close to MH based on Skytrax global rankings in any category. dry.gif I don't need to mention how valuable MH is to provide the much-needed coverage in Australia, Southeast Asia & India.

MH deserve nothing less than a full membership. Imagine SQ or CX not being full members of their respective alliances.

Keno,

What can I say....totally agree with you here; what I heard is a kind of bad relationship between MH and AF concerning the Paris flights ohmy.gif

It is sad that MH has to be left out due to the indifference with AF. Wonder what is the issue all about ? Does AF always have issues like these ? What is MH fighting or demanding for from AF and why cant AF give in ? Anyone with feedbacks; Pieter, have you any insight on this ?

mad.gif

DTW  NW 35 KL 00  ohmy.gif

MSP  NW 21 KL 00  ohmy.gif

NW is operating a whopping 77 flights a week ex Amsterdam  ohmy.gif

7425[/snapback]

Not surprise with it at all as they have been doing this for years, share aircraft, frequencies, ground staffs, traffic rights & many more.

That's what i call real brothers tongue.gif

AF, very much like BA and QF are just not interested to fly to KUL; nor give a bigger share to MH to fly instead..

not when they all have big ops into BKK/SIN....

double standards and arrogance....that's all i can say.

i'm glad MH has a friend in KLM (although i wonder for how much longer....with this AF-KL merger!)

do you remember how LH arrogantly stated that they would NEVER re-consider flying to KUL (after the suspension in 1998) as whatever KLIA did was 'too little, too late'... and they were proud of their Star Alliance Hubs of BKK/SIN...

look at them eat their own words when they restarted flights to KUL in 2004!

and change it to MUC-KUL (i guess after failing to compete with MHs superior B777 service from FRA)...

Muhammad,

Totally agree on the arrogance issue and double standards!!!

Perhaps even political issues could be the reason, however, I think AF has

got to have the "brains" to allow the code share with MH and KL last as they are bringing in big bucks for the company.

Pieter, I think AMS has more flights to/from London (STN,LTN,LGW and LHR).

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I too would like to hear more about this "bad relationship between MH and AF concerning the Paris flights".

Pieter o Pieter where art thou? biggrin.gif

Kandiah, Keno,

KLM and MAS have an excellent relationship/cooperation with eachother for years and years already: just look at the twice daily connection AMS-KUL and the various code-shares into AU/NZ and PRC and the like !!! It will remain so, for, cutting this coop will hurt both companies !!! My believe is, KLM will "sponsor" MAS as from next year to enter the Skyteam, either as a full-member or as an associate-member; would be great to see KE's reaction, anyhow sad.gif

With AF, it's different cook; MAS wants to increase their frequencies already for years, which is opposed by the French (thru AF), making the relationship quite sour; guess, that's why AF prefers to make SIN their Asia hub...

AMS-London frequencies, Kandiah:

AMS-LCY 11x a day on weekdays

AMS-LGW 10x a day on weekdays

AMS-LHR 25x a day on weekdays

AMS-LTN 5x a day on weekdays

AMS-STN 4x a day on weekdays

Thanks Pieter.

Does TG fly into AMS ? How about QF ?

blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

7830[/snapback]

Hi Pieter

I am waiting for Emirates to start flights to AMS !! biggrin.gif

Kandiah, Charles,

TG does NOT operate to AMS, just code-share with Star-Alliance partner LH from FRA

QF does NOT operate to AMS, just code-share with Oneworld partner BA from London

EK is operating to DUS and is "serving" the Netherlands this way mellow.gif

With AF, it's different cook; MAS wants to increase their frequencies already for years, which is opposed by the French (thru AF), making the relationship quite sour; guess, that's why AF prefers to make SIN their Asia hub...

7756[/snapback]

I can't put my finger on this one.

AF doesn't even fly to KUL. And MH is offering KUL-CDG-KUL almost daily. Since AF decides to "concentrate" on SIN, why not letting MH mount more flights into CDG from KUL, and let AF worry about fighting with SQ on SIN-CDG-SIN.

Since AF decides to "concentrate" on SIN, why not letting MH mount more flights into CDG from KUL, and let AF worry about fighting with SQ on SIN-CDG-SIN.

8183[/snapback]

AF would rather have people who need to reach KUL to all fly to SIN, then connect on SQ/MH rather than having their own CDG-KUL service. They want to consolidate their operation in SIN rather than splitting it 50/50 with KUL now that AF is codesharing with QF to Australian cities via SIN.

In a way MH is to blame for deciding their alliance partnership too late. They only started to publically annouce their intention to join an alliance round about the same time AF signed a codeshare partnership with QF to Australia. I guess AF is tired of waiting for its potential Southeast Asian partner to get its act together and decide. Should MH have decided 2 years ago, things *might* turn out differently now.

AF don't need both MH & QF to serve the same market. They signed with QF first, so it's going to take a hell lot of work before we see a true AF/MH partnership.

Sign in to follow this