MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Air Zombie

New Flying School In Bintulu, Sarawak

Hello and warmest greetings to all Malaysianwings members.

It has come to my knowledge that a new flying school, Gulf Golden International Flying Academy, is about to start operation soon in Bintulu, Sarawak. I was there recently and saw the building construction was almost completed. However, the hangar and hostels will have to wait for a little while since they are still clearing the proposed site. I also happened to come across an advertisement regarding their cadet pilot recruitment about 1 week ago. It looks like this school will be one of the biggest since i managed to see the construction plan. Please do check out their website at www.ggifa.com for more information.

Any comments or info anyone? B)

Yeah, I heard a rumour (and it strictly is a rumour), that they will be doing ab-initio for MAS pilots AND maybe even for certain airlines from the middle east.. For the latter, the candidate pool may be Malaysians/Indonesians/Singaporeans/Chinese nationals..

It would indeed be very interesting if such happened. But, as I said it's just a rumour.

When i was at Hornbill skyways yesterday, the CS & marketing guy also telling me about this news, guess its gonna be a gud one ehh... lets wait and see

Wonder which batch will be the lucky ones to fly brand new DA40's and DA42's... :rolleyes:

Must be great.. let see how this goes..

Interesting...

GULF GOLDEN INTERNATIONAL FLYING ACADEMY.

Complete this form and forward to:

West Wing, Lot 03-04

Subang Square SS15/4G, 47500 Subang Jaya

Tel:+603- 56352180 Fax: +603-56367535

Edited by Khaled

It's gonna be interesting alrite! Think it's time for MFA to retire.. hahaha!! No la, MFA will still be the Daddy..

Neway, macha, is your name really Zombie? :blink: :pardon:

yeap...heard about this since last year .

planning to take up a PPL during my summer holidays ... according to the instructors , they will be helicopters n fighters as well :)

yeap...heard about this since last year .

planning to take up a PPL during my summer holidays ... according to the instructors , they will be helicopters n fighters as well :)

Wow..Fighters??

Will there be some self-sponsired fighters' pilots in next few years? :rolleyes:

Wow..Fighters??

Will there be some self-sponsired fighters' pilots in next few years? :rolleyes:

Fighters??? Can ah?? base for training RMAF kido's???? Boleh pakai kah hehehe. Lets be optimistic anyway and see what comes :drinks:

Greetings once more to all...

As for this moment, as far as the latest info i have got, most of their cadets will be from the middle east. No news yet regarding MH sending their cadets there yet. Rumours said that some of their principal investors are from the middle east, so no wonder their cadets will be mostly from that region. Emirates, Etihad, Gulf Air etc....But rumour are still rumour. No black and white. Heard from some MAB Btu Airport Security guys telling me that recently a number of middle eastern/arab guys coming there. "Potential" cadets maybe. Lets see how it goes. By the way, DCA personnels were there last December. So, its more likely going to start up soon with all the rapid construction and development going on now. Bintulu is a nice place, with a clear airspace, and there is a longhouse just in front of the new airport. Interesting environment. Trees, and trees and many trees surrounding the airport area. Be sure to check out the pictures of Bintulu Airport at www.airliners.net or www.jetphotos.net. Please do check out their cadet pilot recruitment advertisement in the Borneo Post, dated 15th @16th February 2007.

Air Zombie

Neway, macha, is your name really Zombie? :blink: :pardon:

Adoi AIR ZOMBIE, we use real names here lah. Pls change.

+++

Air Zombie thanx a lot for all the information. However, pls carry out a change of ur name as per required by MW.com authorities. Our air traffic controlers are preety strict at times...=)

Sign in to follow this