MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Jessnor Arif

Domestic ATC Callsign

Dear Mwingers.

I hope someone here could help me to identify Malaysian Airport Callsigns... I don't mean the like of WMKK or WMKJ.. but I mean the callsigns Pilot addresses the Control Tower (Air & Ground) when Aprroach, Landing, Taxiing, Rolling, Takeoff. Tried googling but to no available. So Hellp me please :help:

Jess

I only know there's Lumpur Centre. :D

Yes.. heard it the first time with Emperors gadget.. :D

Dear Mwingers.

I hope someone here could help me to identify Malaysian Airport Callsigns... I don't mean the like of WMKK or WMKJ.. but I mean the callsigns Pilot addresses the Control Tower (Air & Ground) when Aprroach, Landing, Taxiing, Rolling, Takeoff. Tried googling but to no available. So Hellp me please :help:

Jess

As far as I know, all Callsigns in Malaysia are using the name of the area itself e.g Subang tower/ground, Lumpur tower/ground, Penang tower/ground and so on...

After airborne from KLIA you normally call Lumpur approach North or South.

Then later will be transfered to Lumpur Control(Center).

Other places like Jakarta airport, the callsign is Cangkareng tower/grd or Medan another example also known as Polonia tower/grd...etc...

You can refer to the charts for these information .

Pardon me for my naivety... Hmm what chart? and where do I get it?

Edited by JessnorArif

Pardon me for my naivety... Hmm what chart? and where do I get it?

Guess Gav is talking about the Jeppesen charts.

I'm assuming now there must be some simplified callsign for Kota Kinabalu, a mouthful indeed you must admit. Would be cool if they utilize the universal "Kay-Kay" us commoners are familiar with ! :)

VERY expensive ohhh that wan

Hmm you're right.. check one at Jeppesen.com cost about EUR250 meaning about MYR1100..o boy...

So the chart.. every plane has one or every pilot has one? in MH for example.. It's MH property or it's Pilot property?

Hmm you're right.. check one at Jeppesen.com cost about EUR250 meaning about MYR1100..o boy...

So the chart.. every plane has one or every pilot has one? in MH for example.. It's MH property or it's Pilot property?

if no wrong, MH photocopy the chart for every pilot. pls correct me if i'm wrong... :sorry:

Sign in to follow this