MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Fairul

A day in the office

Fairul, I hope you don't mind I tumpang your thread.

I caught the Kuwait A310 from Observation deck together with Yong. This is the only view I could get from there.

9KALD1w-1.jpg

Another surprise during that day ....... SV T7 !!!

HZAKJaw.jpg

Busy loading ....

HZAKJhaw.jpg

Time to leave at 1400 and goodbye !

HZAKJlw.jpg

See you again !

HZAKmlw.jpg

yerp..not sure what cargo did they unload from the plane..but it was at KUL for a day..at first thought it was from Africa..heheh..didnt know it was from Europe.

Infact they operated an ex-MH DC10-30 9M-MAS which crashed in 2000 during landing at Entebbe, Uganda. They have a bad safety record that resulted in them being placed in the EU blacklist of airlines that cannot operated into or fly over EU nations.

Fairul,

They are from Africa (Uganda), but are not allowed anymore into the European skies, for safety concerns :o

We used to have them here in AMS on a daily (sometimes even two planes at the same time) basis !!!

Nice shots of the 'State of Kuwait' and not Kuwait Airways Airbus 310, even when taken from a moving car :good:

ic..no wonder the livery has this africa-ish feeling to it..

Nice shots Fairul...

Hmm...no security guard(s) around the aircraft...now that's weird! :blink:

thanks bro...yeah..no one was there...actually..the security a bit malas u know.. :p

Fairul, I hope you don't mind I tumpang your thread.

no problem mate...didnt notice the Saudi was at MTB..thanks for the photos.. :good:

Infact they operated an ex-MH DC10-30 9M-MAS which crashed in 2000 during landing at Entebbe, Uganda. They have a bad safety record that resulted in them being placed in the EU blacklist of airlines that cannot operated into or fly over EU nations.

oo..thanks for the info...:) wonder where's the rest of MH's DC-10...any idea?

oo..thanks for the info...:) wonder where's the rest of MH's DC-10...any idea?

9M-MAS - Last Operator - DAS Air - Crashed on landing

9M-MAT - Last operator- Northwest Airlines - Stored

9M-MAW - Last operator Ghana Airways - Stored

9M-MAX - Last operator - Northwest Airlines - Scrapped

9M-MAZ - Last operator Ghana Airways - Stored

Edited by Alan B.

There is an An-124 at the cargo apron at this moment. Landed around 0915 LT today.

Anybody went spotting this morning?

There is an An-124 at the cargo apron at this moment. Landed around 0915 LT today.

Not me, I am still celebrating CNY and roaming around town.

Yong and another MWinger would have got it if they go spotting as scheduled but they skipped.....

hopefully its still there tomorrow morning....no activity at site today...so no purpose for me to 'roam' the airside..i'll check out tomorrow..thanks ya for th info.. :)

9M-MAS - Last Operator - DAS Air - Crashed on landing

They crashed MAS' first DC-10! And first widebody in the fleet too.

Great pics!

What is the saudi doing in the domestic pier

It's probably a charter, And contrary to VERY popular belief, that's not a domestic pier - those gates can take pure domestic, pure international or mixed flights (pax just enter from different levels)

It's probably a charter, And contrary to VERY popular belief, that's not a domestic pier - those gates can take pure domestic, pure international or mixed flights (pax just enter from different levels)

If they can take pure international...where do the passports gets chopped? :blink:

was so eager to go to site today to catch the big bird that Dante snapped yesterday..but instead..i snap the same one that i got last few weeks..i guess the other big bird flew off already...

DSC05871-1.jpg

DSC05875-1.jpg

DSC05876-1.jpg

DSC05873-1.jpg

just when i have the guts to stop the car and start snapping..guess what? the battery went low... <_>

hope you guys like it :)

If they can take pure international...where do the passports gets chopped? :blink:

After you passed immmigration, n x-tra security check, you can turn right or left to go to contact pier gates(or the aerotrain to the sat. building) that then the escalator lead you to waiting hall whicih is at domestic level, not so good explanation but with my good experience with KLIA :good:

Excellent shots Fairul! What issit doing at KUL?

That plane was carrying NZL-84 and NZL-92 from Auckland to Valencia where they will be warming up and subsequently competing in the 32nd Americas Cup in Valencia.

(The America's Cup is the most famous and most prestigious regatta in the sport of sailing, and the oldest active trophy in international sport, predating the FA Cup by two decades and the Modern Olympics by 45 years. ) - Wikipedia

The two yachts being carried belong to Emirates Team New Zealand, who are probably the front runners to take back the Trophy from Alinghi after defending it in '00, and losing it in '03

GO ETNZ!

anyways. thats me for now. haha.. good catch btw :p

caught all these today..the russian in the morning and DC-10 later in the afternoon.....quite a busy day at the cargo apron...mind the quality ya..:)

The russian

P4120152.jpg

P4120157.jpg

P4120156.jpg

P4120150.jpg

DC-10- i missed this one before..so finally caught her today..

P4120159.jpg

P4120158.jpg

i should have follow my instinct to go to KLIA today...but i didnt :angry:

I'll go tomorrow.. <_>

P4120156.jpg

P4120150.jpg

WOW, Fairul; excellent shots :drinks:

IMHO you've taken pictures of two different AN-12's: different coloured props :pardon: You happened to know the registrations ?

Those DC-10's used to be very regular at AMS, however, no more :angry:

i should have follow my instinct to go to KLIA today...but i didnt :angry:

I'll go tomorrow.. <_>

No regrets. Weather was bad.

Hmmm DC-10F.Awesome!

Nice catch Fairul. Any reason why it was at KUL?

WOW, Fairul; excellent shots :drinks:

IMHO you've taken pictures of two different AN-12's: different coloured props :pardon: You happened to know the registrations ?

Those DC-10's used to be very regular at AMS, however, no more :angry:

thanks...:) they were two different An-12..the other one was hard to snap coz i was facing the sunlight...sorry..didnt notice the registration...i noticed KLAS staff busy loading cargo into the plane...

Hmmm DC-10F.Awesome!

Nice catch Fairul. Any reason why it was at KUL?

i saw containers being unload from the plane..perhaps 'special cargo' from somewhere...their staff mostly African origin...

Edited by Fairul

APMS 2B kicked off last week....some of the rare ones..all taken at MYY GA's apron and Hornbill's apron

Sikorsky 'Elvis' ;Incredible Hulk (N164AC)

DSC07334.jpg

DSC07332.jpg

DSC07333.jpg

DSC07331.jpg

The Calibrator

DSC07328.jpg

Hornbill skyways D228

DSC07356.jpg

DSC07357.jpg

BTU's RWY 17

DSC07435-1.jpg

Sign in to follow this