MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Wilber Tan

all salary!

Paul Ho.... head hunting? :blink:

Next we'll hear that Gavin receive a note from MH's HR... :rofl: :rofl:

Kidding, Paul... :rofl:

But that will tempt people... there's one up there... :rofl:

I've said it once...and i'll say it again...

TREAT YOURSELF TO A SMILE (and healthy bank account)...FLY EMIRATES!

No wonder the pilot in my interview panel asked me if i would leave to Emirates.. <_>

No wonder the pilot in my interview panel asked me if i would leave to Emirates.. <_>

Ultimately...i guess everybody in any profession will "follow the money"...if MAS managed to match EK's offer...im sure many pilots would rather stay with MAS.

Did you guys know that MAS actually pays their expat engineers more than EK engineers? Roughly 8 EK engineers have left for MAS.

Brennan,

What was your answer? Were you truthful? or did you tell them what they supposedly wanted to hear?

Paul Ho.... head hunting? :blink:

Next we'll hear that Gavin receive a note from MH's HR... :rofl: :rofl:

Kidding, Paul... :rofl:

But that will tempt people... there's one up there... :rofl:

Without even applying . Woah .. That would be unbelievable :rofl:

Ultimately...i guess everybody in any profession will "follow the money"...if MAS managed to match EK's offer...im sure many pilots would rather stay with MAS.

Did you guys know that MAS actually pays their expat engineers more than EK engineers? Roughly 8 EK engineers have left for MAS.

Economics 101. Market price, market value, supply and demand.

But it is not the "best money", it is more of the "best offer". That includes personal preference, living condition etc.

I've said it once...and i'll say it again...

TREAT YOURSELF TO A SMILE (and healthy bank account)...FLY EMIRATES!

True.

but heard rumours their days are numbered here..

Brennan,

What was your answer? Were you truthful? or did you tell them what they supposedly wanted to hear?

My answer was NO. Frankly because I dont believe that money is everything in this world.

True.

but heard rumours their days are numbered here..

Erm.. care to elaborate?.... thx

Erm.. care to elaborate?.... thx

Something like a contract right? i think.. :pardon:

My answer was NO. Frankly because I dont believe that money is everything in this world.

Yeah right.When everyone is a cadet,any salary works finr.If not,why do you think is the REASON so many MAS pilots left for emirates ,qatar. and etihad,Tell me about it macha.

I dunno, money does has value, after all that's why we work for? I beleive money is the reason why most ppl leave the company. Thous working condition can be the major reason as well, but it's all come down to money :pardon: If it's not about money, I dun think I'll be here(Malaysia) anyway........

and love of course...

Edited by Seth K

Yeah right.When everyone is a cadet,any salary works finr.If not,why do you think is the REASON so many MAS pilots left for emirates ,qatar. and etihad,Tell me about it macha.

What is you say is correct macha.. but like Khaled said if you want a Ferari in front of your house then its a different story altogether..

My point is, money should not be your main concern when you are choosing or looking for a job . Thats why i said i wont leave.. Most pilots who leave have different reasons.. and on the other side of the fence, you still see pilots sticking with the airline....

Plus, leaving is not as easy for pilots with families. Imagine the sacrifice they are making to work elsewhere.

Good point, Dante; when KLM uk merged with KLM cityhopper, plenty of good paid British pilots stayed in the UK and fly nowadays for airlines like Easyjet, Ryanair or Jet2 for less pay, rather than moving to the Netherlands ;)

Whatever money you get flying is still more then your average wage earner with same degree. BUT with flying, you'll

get more out of life as you will see the world in a different angle.

I dunno, money does has value, after all that's why we work for? I beleive money is the reason why most ppl leave the company. Thous working condition can be the major reason as well, but it's all come down to money :pardon: If it's not about money, I dun think I'll be here(Malaysia) anyway........

and love of course...

Agreed, money is a huge factor, if flying was not as rewarding, do you think many would wanna fly for a living? It's a high-risk job! I would so trade my job right now to earn THOSE salary...base checks, staying healthy, I'd do that ANYTIME!

Most people says that pasion is bullsh*t.Try becoming a pilot for life and risk it for rm 2000 a month for life.i bet not many will even think about it.We have lost so many of our best pilots in mas to middle east carriers.And almost everyone cited money as the reason they move.if not,they would not have sacrifice and go over to a foreign land.

Money wouldn't be a problem if we spend it wisely. If you want to have ferrari in front of your house, then it's different story.

For some people, having a Ferrari in front of their house is money wisely spent !! It's just that you and I apparently do not subscribe to that belief (yet ?!) ;)

There is money you NEED, and then there is money you WANT. If you have RM 1000 a month, you'll need more to live comfortably. If you have RM 1 000 000 a month,that is more than you'll need to live comfortably. Whether you'll want more, that is a different thing altogether.

I see a lot of argument about money here.. Well, that's a huge factor affecting our life of course! But has anyone thought of how long one could be on this earth? My point is that i see a lot of people saying the phrase "Earn A Living". Those are people who look highly on $$$. For me (of course a lot won't agree with me), i only told myself this, if i'm going to sleep in a coffin tomorrow, i'll make sure i had did the best thing in my life today. For me, that "best thing" will be having 4 stripes on my shoulder, flying an Airbus with my crew.. :drinks: :yahoo:

Guest trolleydolley

hi all... am new here

as for salary quotes, Damian is more or less right bout both the narrowbody and widebody crews.

and as for the fun bits, be sure to endure long hours on your feet walking aft and fwd along the aisle and to deal with rather funny pax on board! :blink:

id been with MH for 3 yrs now, and now looking foward to join Etihad..

anyone has any idea how's the wages like for EY?

Regards

Sign in to follow this