MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Wilber Tan

all salary!

RM 3383 per month is for when you are still under route training and not cleared to operate as a full fledged SO

2nd Officer

1st year - RM4055 ( cleared and now full fledged Second Officer )

2nd year - RM4288

3rd year - RM4534

1st Officer

Narrow Body ( twin otter, fokker 50 or Boeing 737)

RM4787 - RM7601

Wide Body ( Airbus 330, Boeing 777 and Boeing 747

RM7317 - RM9351

As i understad it a capt max take home is close to or just under RM 20k(max) thats when you are close to retirement.

Cadet Pilot Training Repayment

RM500/month

Productivity

Narrowbody = RM 15 per hour

Widebody = RM22 per hour (average 70hrs/month)

Above 80hours you get rm 80 per hour

The above figure haven been deducted with TAX and EPF.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Now the Most Attractive part besides all the $$$

1. An office in the sky

2. A reason to FLY all the time

3. Up close and personal with sexy babes such as the 737, 747, 777 and the Airbus fleets.

4. Lastly a job that promises you personal satisfaction and endless journeys if you have the right attitude and passion...

;)

Edited by Brennan Raj

RM 3383 per month is for when you are still under route training and not cleared to operate as a full fledged SO

2nd Officer

1st year - RM4055 ( cleared and now full fledged Second Officer )

2nd year - RM4288

3rd year - RM4534

1st Officer

Narrow Body ( twin otter, fokker 50 or Boeing 737)

RM4787 - RM7601

Wide Body ( Airbus 330, Boeing 777 and Boeing 747

RM7317 - RM9351

As i understad it a capt max take home is close to or just under RM 20k(max) thats when you are close to retirement.

Cadet Pilot Training Repayment

RM500/month

Productivity

Narrowbody = RM 15 per hour

Widebody = RM22 per hour (average 70hrs/month)

Above 80hours you get rm 80 per hour

The above figure haven been deducted with TAX and EPF.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Now the Most Attractive part besides all the $$$

1. An office in the sky

2. A reason to FLY all the time

3. Up close and personal with sexy babes such as the 737, 747, 777 and the Airbus fleets.

4. Lastly a job that promises you personal satisfaction and endless journeys if you have the right attitude and passion...

;)

I think a capt who is close to retirement or middle age for his career will receive almost 30K or more but definetely sure not less than 20k.

Any Pilots, please confirm this....?

If less than 20k when close to retirement than i think its quite low compared to other carriers....

Please refer to Captain Lim's webpage there is a more clear picture there about salaries and wages.....

REGARDS.

Wilber,

Every job has it's risks.. Risk takers usually will soar higher.. Whether it's a dangerous job or not, if you are waking up everyday to do something that you don't like bcos of the simple reason of "to earn a living", then u r simply working.. If u wake up to do sth that you like, not too much concern on how much you earn (of course enough to stay alive la), then you be the happiest man there is on earth.. Forget bout the fear & just do it.. Soar high baby!!

Edited by Victor Goh

I think a capt who is close to retirement or middle age for his career will receive almost 30K or more but definetely sure not less than 20k.

If less than 20k when close to retirement than i think its quite low compared to other carriers....

Please refer to Captain Lim's webpage there is a more clear picture there about salaries and wages.....

REGARDS.

It actually depends on the carrier in which they fly for..

Some of their salaries vary due to experience and so on..

It actually depends on the carrier in which they fly for..

Some of their salaries vary due to experience and so on..

I think as for MAS, its also for 30k & above for maybe 15 yrs of exp and above

But whatever it is, its still good

REGARDS.

REGARDS.

Brennan did say clearly that the 20k figure is what the capt takes home - meaning less tax, epf, misc deductions. Gross this up and you will get your 30k.

well let me post this here..hope it helps

the starting pay(take-home pay) for a 737 S/O is around rm7-9k per month,plus and minus the allowances,taxes,epf,etc..as you upgrade yourself to the widebodies,you can expect rm13-14k for an A330 co-pilot..while rm15-17k for a 777 or 744 co-pilot..now after you have reached a certain seniority level,you will be promoted to be a 737 captain..and your take-home pay is actually slightly lesser than what you're earning as a senior F/O in 777 or 744..as you lose out a lot on the meal allowances..plus you will fly less on the 737 compared to long haul widebodies..average salary for a 744 captain would be around rm30-35k per month..but only the most senior pilots are 744 captains..which means you will need many many years to become a 744 captain in MH..

but then again,this might be cliche..but what the heck..money isn't everything..the best happiness in life is the fact that you're doing the thing you LOVE for a living..

cheers!

Edited by Damian

if i'm not mistaken,the basic salary of a cabin crew member starts from about rm1k..for a narrowbody cabin crew member,aka 737/A330,he/she can expect to take home on average rm2500-rm3000 per month.or even slightly lesser depending on the amount of nightstops he/she gets..now for the CC on the widebodies,i heard they take home on average rm4-5k per month..but i'm not too sure about this.. when you come down from the widebodies to be an LS or LSS on the narrowbodies,your pay drops..as you lose out a lot on meal allowances..so you see,meal allowances play a big role in our salaries.. :mellow:

Edited by Damian

hi guys...i actually very2 agree with those who's like to be a pilot becoz of LOVE...my former english teacher always told me n my fellow frens with this phrase, "If u dont have LOVE in what u are doing, what joy will u get?" It is true that PILOTING is such an occupation to earn a living..but u will never satisfy with the job if u dont have LOVE in it..as for me, i'll put aside the salary which means, the LOVE to fly an aircraft comes first in me...if it is like this, then only u guys will satisfy with the job u are doing no matter what kind of occupation it is..Cheers and happy flying! =)

Love is definitely one of the thing you must have in your work. But in reality, you need to be paid enough amount to sustain your living style. When family come into the picture, you going to need even more money. That's when things change but that's life... With all the nicest things that a pilot can have in his office everyday, he has to go through base check every 6 months, medical check up every year, away from home most of the time and more. A base check is just like going for SPM... except for your job depends on it, and your family counting on you :)

Same as cabin crew, they have to remember a lot of stuff too, emergency drills, also test here and there.

So every year, we celebrate merdeka a few times more than other people,hehe...

Edited by Khaled

Any Idea how much does a licence aircraft maintenance engineer takes home per month?

we still lack of the slary of a cabin crew....

i think around MYR2000+??

o higher??

i think tads a fun job isnt it?

its more than that. around MYR4000 (excluding extra hours) for the FSS if im not mistaken

(tak dpt jadik pilot kita jadi FSS nak? :wacko: :crazy: )

Edited by saadiah

They ARE sexy, Allright! Pity MH only have 737, 747, 777 and A330 now. But still think A380 is the ugliest of them all :)

Sorry of topics...

frankly saying..i dream of being a pilot and it is not about money...even if lower than what I earn now it does not matter...it is about true love.

Below is just basic salary.Plus all you are looking at RM 60,000 ( TAX free and we say what you see is what you get, NO tax,sosco,EPF deduction ). For FO you are looking at rm 38,000.

No wonder so many MAS pilots rushing over.

CAPTAIN SALARY:

Monthly Salary

Starting salary is Dhs 28,060 per month and is reviewed annually. (1 US$ = 3.66 UAE Dirhams). The salary is tax free.

Productivity Pay

For each block hour above approximately 78 hours per month, an additional Dhs 460.

Additional Changes planned for 1st May 2007

Adjustment to the monthly basic salary – a minimum increase of 6.0% resulting in a new starting salary of Dhs 29,750 per month.

Introduction of Hourly Flying Pay - flying pay will be paid for all block hours commencing from the first hour flown to the threshold level above which productivity pay will commence. The hourly flying pay rates will be Dhs 45 per block hour. For example, a Captain flying 75 block hours in a given month will receive Dhs 3,375 as Flying Pay.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS:

Place of Employment

All positions are permanent and based in Dubai, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the Middle East, well known for its wealth of fantastic shopping, sporting opportunities and a wonderful lifestyle.

Provident Fund

Emirates provides a company sponsored provident fund.

Company Contributions:

First 10 years - 12% of basic salary

After 10 years - 15% of basic salary

Entitlement on Resignation:

Within the first 5 years - no entitlement to Company Contributions - however an End of Service Benefit applies.

Between 5 and 7 years - the entitlement is 75% of the company's contribution.

After 7 years - the entitlement is 100% of the company's contribution.

Accommodation

We provide fully furnished accommodation (including water, electricity, gas and maintenance costs) or a housing allowance of Dhs 10,590 per month.

Transport

All transport while on duty is supplied by the company. Additionally, an interest free car loan is available for new joiners (Dhs 55,000).

Health Cover

Free health cover (medical and dental) for the employee. Generously subsidised health cover (medical and dental) is also provided for spouse and dependent children.

Employee Insurance Benefits

Insurance benefits for the employee include Loss of Licence Insurance (36 x basic monthly salary) and both Life Assurance and Accident Insurance (48x basic monthly salary).

Children's Educational Benefits

A generous education assistance package is provided for a maximum of three dependent children (between the ages of 4 and 19, in full-time school equivalent education). The allowances per child are:

Primary School:

Reimbursement of 100% of the first Dhs 30,000 and 90% of the remainder up to a limit of Dhs 28,000 per academic year.

Secondary School:

Reimbursement of 100% of the first Dhs 48,000 and 90% of the remainder up to a limit of Dhs 45,000 per academic year.

Profit Sharing

The company has in the past few years paid a tax free profit share bonus for all employees, which is dependent on company performance.

Annual Leave

42 days per year.

Privilege Travel

Free air travel for employee, spouse and eligible dependant children once a year to the Annual Leave Destination. On other occasions, after a qualifying period, discounted travel is available.

Exchange Rate Protection Pay

This is a compensation mechanism in addition to the monthly salary which protects employees from monetary fluctuations due to the appreciation of home country currencies against the UAE Dirham (AED). Approximate monthly payouts for a sample group of currencies are represented in the following table, which is based on the exchange rates for December 2006. Actual payment in any given month would vary up or down depending upon the exchange rate of the given month.

Exchange Rate Protection Pay First Officer Captain

Starting basic salary in AED 19,660 28,060

AUD Australian Dollar 1,300 1,860

NZD New Zealand Dollar 1,210 1,735

CAD Canadian Dollar 1,245 1,785

GBP Pound Sterling 1,265 1,815

EUR Euro 1,210 1,735

ZAR South African Rand 280 405

BRL Brazilian Real 1,455 2,085

FIRST OFFICER SALARY:

Monthly Salary

Starting salary is Dhs 19,660 per month and is reviewed annually. (1 US$ = 3.66 UAE Dirhams). The salary is tax free.

On promotion to Captain, a pilot's salary is increased by ten steps. The minimum initial salary on promotion to Captain is Dhs 28,060 per month (minimum Dhs 29,750 per month with effect from 1st May 2007).

Additional Changes planned for 1st May 2007

Adjustment to the monthly basic salary – a minimum increase of 6.0% resulting in a new starting salary of Dhs 20,840 per month.

Introduction of Hourly Flying Pay - flying pay will be paid for all block hours commencing from the first hour flown to the threshold level above which productivity pay will commence. The hourly flying pay rates will be Dhs 35 per block hour. For example, a First Officer flying 75 block hours in a given month will receive Dhs 2,625 as Flying Pay.

Productivity Pay

For each block hour above approximately 78 hours per month, an additional Dhs 325.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS:

Place of Employment

All positions are permanent and based in Dubai, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the Middle East, well known for its wealth of fantastic shopping, sporting opportunities and a wonderful lifestyle.

Provident Fund

Emirates provides a company sponsored provident fund.

Company Contributions:

First 10 years - 12% of basic salary

After 10 years - 15% of basic salary

Entitlement on Resignation:

Within the first 5 years - no entitlement to Company Contributions – however End of Service Benefit applies.

Between 5 and 7 years - the entitlement is 75% of the company's contribution.

After 7 years - the entitlement is 100% of the company's contribution.

Accommodation

We provide fully furnished accommodation (including water, electricity, gas and maintenance costs) or a housing allowance of Dhs 9,430 per month.

Transport

All transport while on duty is supplied by the company. Additionally, an interest free car loan is available for new joiners (Dhs 55,000).

Health Cover

Free health cover (medical and dental) for the employee. Generously subsidised health cover (medical and dental) is also provided to spouse and dependent children.

Employee Insurance Benefits

Insurance benefits for the employee include Loss of Licence Insurance (36 x basic monthly salary) and both Life Assurance and Accident Insurance (48x basic monthly salary).

Children's Educational Benefits

A generous education assistance package is provided for a maximum of three dependent children (between the ages of 4 and 19, in full-time school equivalent education). The allowances per child are:

Primary School:

Reimbursement of 100% of the first Dhs 10,000 and 90% of the remainder up to a limit of Dhs 28,000 per academic year.

Secondary School:

Reimbursement of 100% of the first Dhs 20,000 and 90% of the remainder up to a limit of Dhs 45,000 per academic year.

Profit Sharing

The company has in the past few years paid a tax free profit share bonus for all employees, which is dependent on company performance.

Annual Leave

42 days per year.

Privilege Travel

Free air travel for employee, spouse and eligible dependant children once a year to the Annual Leave Destination. On other occasions, after a qualifying period, discounted travel is available.

Exchange Rate Protection Pay

This is a compensation mechanism in addition to the monthly salary which protects employees from monetary fluctuations due to the appreciation of home country currencies against the UAE Dirham (AED). Approximate monthly payouts for a sample group of currencies are represented in the following table, which is based on the exchange rates for December 2006. Actual payment in any given month would vary up or down depending upon the exchange rate of the given month.

Edited by Paul Ho

Sign in to follow this