MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

SBW Airport spotting

Ammunition depot so close to runway 13 ??? :o

btw just now i passed by the airport and I saw Amazing in Kuching... later when I was on the way back saw Amazing departing to domestic service...maybe sbw :D

Ammunition depot so close to runway 13 ??? :o

Ammunition Depot close to runway 13? :blink:

Hmm,if i'm not mistaken,there was a Army Base not far from the Airport area (you can see the base while on approach)

So SBW runway is 13/31...but which ones is right,and which ones is left?

Ammunition Depot close to runway 13? :blink:

Hmm,if i'm not mistaken,there was a Army Base not far from the Airport area (you can see the base while on approach)

There won't be a Left or right because there is only a single runway... if u check the KCH runway there is also no Right or Left because there is only a single runway. Unlike KL where there are 2 runways thus runway are being designated with R and L...

Correct me if i am wrong guys

Guess you mean which runway is 13 when leaving the apron to the left or right ?

No idea, bro, as not very well known in SBW, but 13 should be heading towards more or less where the sun is rising (from the East) :lol:

Maybe, someone can post a Jeppesen page here to make it more 'visible' ? :huh:

Guess you mean which runway is 13 when leaving the apron to the left or right ?

No idea, bro, as not very well known in SBW, but 13 should be heading towards more or less where the sun is rising (from the East) :lol:

Maybe, someone can post a Jeppesen page here to make it more 'visible' ? :huh:

Yup,that's my point,Uncle Pieter. :rolleyes:

Hope any of you guys can post a Jeppesen page here (Especially our very own MWings aviators).It's kinda hard to know which one is Runway 13 and Runway 31.. :(

Really appreciate your help :)

Wow, just love the photo set, glad you witness amazing....................I did too :pardon:

Keep the pix coming.....and AK use the aerobridge in that pix?

Wow, just love the photo set, glad you witness amazing....................I did too :pardon:

Keep the pix coming.....and AK use the aerobridge in that pix?

Thanks,Seth :lol: Yup,from the pix,AK using aerobridge as it was raining at SBW that time..

Not bad that they have 'improved' their service by using aerobridge in SBW, I have never seen them using aerobridge even when it was raining in the past.

Not bad that they have 'improved' their service by using aerobridge in SBW, I have never seen them using aerobridge even when it was raining in the past.

I guess it's cheaper to use the aerobridge during rain time which occur occasionally instead of having hundreds of umbreallas. Yeah, but still AK use aerobridge at CGK and BKK as well, am I correct?

Edited by Seth K

Yeah, but still AK use aerobridge at CGK and BKK as well, am I correct?

CGK, I don't know yet, might know this year as planning to go there :yahoo:

BKK-Don Muang: affirmative...Subvar: not been there yet either :sorry:

..... but still AK use aerobridge at ..... BKK as well, am I correct?

Yes and no I guess - we were parked at a remote stand when we arrived but departed via an aerobridge :pardon:

However, here in BKI we're more certain as to our expectations - try find an aerobridge at T2 !!

Edited by BC Tam

News from a local Chinese paper, a Xiamen Airlines chartered flight will arrive at SBW with 53 Chinese passengers at around 1945 tonight (17/2). It will return to Fuzhou later at 2040 with 115 passengers.

A chartered flight will also arrive at KCH at around 0130 on 18/2, bringing in 270 Chinese tourists from Hangzhou.

flight will arrive at SBW with 53 Chinese passengers at around 1945 tonight (17/2). It will return to Fuzhou later at 2040 with 115 passengers.

Tamizi,

Guess, you didn't make some nightshots of the bird ? :o