MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

RMAF

Huh huh.gif , the pix posted somewhere here, aaar? ohmy.gif

The Skyhawk always reminded me of a close friend who piloted

one of these type over South China Sea and never reach his destination.. sad.gif

My Al-Fatihah again to Lt Wahi Anuar... where ever is your grave.. sad.gif

--

There's a Malaysian Captain with EK who used to fly the SkyHawks. See guys..if cadetship doesnt work out...go AIR FORCE! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Last time I was at RMAF museum, the canopy of that skyhawk was open. I climbed in and sat in it... excellent feeling.

However, no ejection seat. Only got an office swivel chair! blink.gif

Also, I looked at the plane from the rear, big hole, no engine also.

Thanks for the pics TK, the Caribous are noisy as hell, I remember I used to hear them flying past my house every now and then during my childhood in Tawau. Their engine noise is weird.... I prefer the Rolls Royce dart of the Fokker F-27s though.

Gavin, the plane at Butterworth looks like the F-86 Sabre like the one I saw in Pekan Museum. The one there is mounted on a stand in inflight position.

Yes, I suppose it's the US version of the MIG-15. I never knew we had these. All I heard of during my younger days were the 'Jet Tebuan', and then came the F5E.

Thanks for the pics TK, the Caribous are noisy as hell, I remember I used to hear them flying past my house every now and then during my childhood in Tawau.  Their engine noise is weird....  I prefer the Rolls Royce dart of the Fokker F-27s though.

7062[/snapback]

SV,

F27 is turboprop... Caribous using pistons... That's why they sounded like big trucks..hehehe tongue.gif

hoo hooo...Norman, Junior was there too ah... biggrin.gif

They dont have F-5, i wish in the future they will put one of this.

MB-339...not there too.

Sabre 11 Squadron.

user posted image

user posted image

Prop contact check!!!

hoo hooo...Norman, Junior was there too ah... biggrin.gif

They dont have F-5, i wish in the future they will put one of this.

MB-339...not there too.

Ya laah, TK... he'll follow me if the outings got something to do with aviation.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

F-5 and MB-339 still in service... so I guess, they're not Museum pieces yet;

maybe those not airworthy still can use as spare parts providers.. laugh.gif

-

There's a Malaysian Captain with EK who used to fly the SkyHawks. See guys..if cadetship doesnt work out...go AIR FORCE! biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

7014[/snapback]

You're talking about Capt A.B? I thought he flew the F5 as well. Then join MAS and I flew as his copilot on the 734. He went to AK around 97 or 98 as a FO and now a 777 captain. Nice guy.

Abnyway I don't like this RMAF museum. Sad to see all these aircraft and the way they were displayed. I believe they should be kept in flying condition, or at least inside with equipments intact. Not left to rot in the harsh Malaysian weather. And at certain location, vandalized. If the Thai can keep some old aircraft in Cheingmai, why not us?

You're talking about Capt A.B? I thought he flew the F5 as well. Then join MAS and I flew as his copilot on the 734. He went to AK around 97 or 98 as a FO and now a 777 captain. Nice guy.

Abnyway I don't like this RMAF museum. Sad to see all these aircraft and the way they were displayed. I believe they should be kept in flying condition, or at least inside with equipments intact. Not left to rot in the harsh Malaysian weather. And at certain location, vandalized. If the Thai can keep some old aircraft in Cheingmai, why not us?

7093[/snapback]

=========================================

Captain Radzi..can i know what decide for a pilot whether to become a pilot of 737/777/747/332/333 ? What is the main reason? If one guy is a Captain of 777, then fe fly 777 forever in his company? Thanks...

If any of you going to Bangkok for Holiday, Please dont forget to visit the Royal Thai Air Force Museum.....100 times super than Sungai Besi.

SV,

F27 is turboprop... Caribous using pistons... That's why they sounded like big trucks..hehehe

Wow, is that right? Thanks Norman. Wouldn't have known of it if u didn't tell me! I suppose DC-3 and other piston aircraft would have sounded like that? Not many people can fit into the Caribou it seems.

Wow, is that right?  Thanks Norman.  Wouldn't have known of it if u didn't tell me!  I suppose DC-3 and other piston aircraft would have sounded like that?  Not many people can fit into the Caribou it seems.

7113[/snapback]

Unless I'm wrong tongue.gif

Yes ... love those sound... Once few years back a DC3 took-off from Subang,

if not mistaken, a London-Sydney run... And I was in Shah Alam...

even at that distance ... fuuhhh... music to the ears maaannn!!! biggrin.gif

BTW... I heard that some RMAF's Caribous (before retirement) were fitted with

cannons and served as gunships... ohmy.gif

I guess, with the engines roar... enough to scare the s&$%t off those bandits.. laugh.gif

--

Unless I'm wrong tongue.gif

Yes ... love those sound... Once few years back a DC3 took-off from Subang,

if not mistaken, a London-Sydney run... And I was in Shah Alam...

even at that distance ... fuuhhh... music to the ears maaannn!!! biggrin.gif

BTW... I heard that some RMAF's Caribous (before retirement) were fitted with

cannons and served as gunships... ohmy.gif

I guess, with the engines roar... enough to scare the s&$%t off those bandits.. laugh.gif

--

7155[/snapback]

Bandits and penyamun plying the Straits of Melaka.... biggrin.gif

I was at WMKF earlier this morning...

Douglas A-4PTM Skyhawk

skyhawknose.jpg

Douglas A-4PTM Skyhawk (JBon)

noseshawk.jpg

Nuri

m23-32.jpg

BomBA 9M-BQA

9M-BQA.jpg

PDRM 9M-PHE

9M-PHE.jpg

PDRM 9M-PHF

9M-PHF.jpg

superb guys..never like the way those skyhawks looked..mcm sissy sikit..just watched dogfights yesterday and boy were those sabres aces in the skies!

Agree Iwan..The skyhawk is quite high and the shape is not so proportional...macam 'tonggek' sikit..

Edited by MIR

Latest addition at the RMAF Museum, Eagle Airborne Reconnaissance Vehicle (ARV). Fake surveillance turret under the fuselage. I wonder why they retire this aircraft so soon :pardon:

M5101_WMKF_311209.jpg

The museum renovation works near completion. Most of the aircrafts were repainted, while a few others are still in the workshop next to the museum.

fM1051_WMKF_311209.jpg

New cyclic, seats, paint etc. on this Bell-47. Looks new :good:

M2608_WMKF_311209.jpg

The new livery on this Albatross looks very familiar... :rolleyes: It was in grey scheme before this. Painted by Markas Logistik Udara and was handed back to the museum on 13th November 2009.

M3501_WMKF_311209-1.jpg

Stationed myself outside Sg Besi Airbase this morning 27May2010

(across the highway after exit of Smart tunnel)

SU30_27May10_6171mw.jpg

Rehearsal flypast across the runway

supposed to be 9 Su30MkM formation for the 52nd Air Force Day

cool picture bro, hope i can snap n share some flypast picture during actual day... :)

Edited by Jonathan Kong