MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
T Azahan

Kuala Terengganu Sultan Mahmud WMKN/TGG

Yes Azahan. I see his trademark all over the design. Always beautiful traditional Malay architecture whenever he designs them. I was impressed with the grandeur of the Terengganu State Museum when I first went there. Breathtaking... like a palace.

New terminal only for TGG? What I need is a 4000 ft runway extension and ILS, only then will I call it improvement. KBR and AOR will have ILS soon......

I suppose ILS helps in landing airplanes in poor visibility. I studied in Pengkalan Chepa, Kota Bharu in the early 1980s, and KBR's runway was parallel to my school, maybe about 500 metres apart, so landings and takeoffs were visual and audio feast to me all day and night smile.gif Sometimes in the early mornings when fog was very thick, I could hear MAS' B737-200 circling the airspace, sometimes up to 40 minutes until the weather cleared a bit before making the landing. If ILS is useful in situations like this, then it should have been installed at every airport much earlier, for safety and fuel savings. Subang had ILS when it was opened in 1965, so all Malaysian airports should have one years ago already.

Hazani,

Got place to set up "DubaiBriyani" shop in Kerteh aa? If got...want to start business aa? Can sell to "tourists" and spotters passing thru! Banyak $$$ to be made bro!

7066[/snapback]

You and your briyani never finish la Imran..hehehe.. tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

You and your briyani never finish la Imran..hehehe..  tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

7492[/snapback]

Sir...what to do laa...student must cari makan oso kan... The days of lemonade stands and door-to-door cookie sales are over...must think bigger!

anyone got updates on this upgrading works? last time i went back to TGG, they're still doing the foundation works...

anyone got updates on this upgrading works? last time i went back to TGG, they're still doing the foundation works...

I went to TGG in April 2006 and upgrading works were in full swing. According to the taxi driver that drove me to town the works should been finished more than 4 years ago but the change of state government to the opposition halted them. Now that the state has been wrested back by the federal ruling party the works restarted.

Wow, who bring back the antique... :lol:

haha... sorry if being outdated here... :lol: just checking out my hometown's "telaga batin" airport :lol:

RAYA EVE

TK arrived on Quebec Echo. Cilaka, he was one of the first to use the aerobridge. <_ new airport hasnt completed yet but they let the aerobridge to be utilised.>

12Oct2006_9MMQE_2.jpg

After picking him up, went to the old airport car park and i snapped firefly for the first time. :rolleyes:

12Oct2006_9MMGI_1a.jpg

and firefly's ahmoi......heheheheh

12Oct2006_9MMGI_2a.jpg

Then we drove to 'St Maarten's' beach to wait for the take off. Sky was heliconian but weather was boiling!! And the fence been fixed so no gaping hole. damn!! <_>

12Oct2006_Beach_1a.jpg

TK using his calculator.....

12Oct2006_TK_1a.jpg

Suddenly, while waiting for firefly and MH to depart, November arrived at 1622!

12Oct2006_9MAFN_1a.jpg

Then at 1628, India left for PEN 25 minutes after its arrival.

12Oct2006_9MMGI_3a.jpg

Whoaaa.. November with all the heathaze makes it look like a bomber coming back from a bombing sortie .... ganas!!!

At 1636, Echo left after dropping TK. Very light load back to KUL

12Oct2006_9MMQE_1a.jpg

And lastly on RAYA EVE, light load November left at 1653.

12Oct2006_9MAFN_2a.jpg

Airport was back to emptiness by the time November left. Time to go back home to prepare for final breaking fast.

TGG_1A.jpg

Nice pics Azahan. I'm due to TGG again end Nov and hope to experience the new terminal, and of course some keropok lekor and sotong celup tepung at Teluk Ketapang. Is the new airport hall fully air- conditioned already?

When the new terminal is completed, the old one will be demolished.

TGG01.jpg

View from the aerobridge. Where the old terminal is now, will be parking apron for bay 1 and 2.

TGG02.jpg

Nice pics Azahan. I'm due to TGG again end Nov and hope to experience the new terminal, and of course some keropok lekor and sotong celup tepung at Teluk Ketapang. Is the new airport hall fully air- conditioned already?

rozhan, i am sure you will enjoy your upcoming trip to TGG. but i do hope the weather will be less hotter then. its boiling mad during the raya holidays. it rained only on 3rd day raya. sorry, i am not certain whether the completed area of the airport is already air-conditioned. but i doubt it is.

1st DAY RAYA

No spotting. Too busy entertaining kampung relatives.....

Raya_1a.jpg

But i spotted this....

One shy kampung boy peeking at my darkside apparatus :rolleyes:

Raya_2a.jpg

I said 'smile........' and he did..... :rolleyes:

Raya_3a.jpg

At close-up. Oh my god!! :blink: :blink: Years of sweets consumption with zero clue what colgate is........

Raya_4a.jpg

Boy Clueless of what COLGATE is looks LIKE Tee Kay during his babychildhood days kekekekkkakak :rofl:

This airport will be underutilized right?

shud be under-utilised for few years. good to build now than later. but i look forward for TK doing his KUL-TGG-NRT or KUL-TGG-Medinah and Radzi/Ian or Khaled doing their KUL-TGG-TPE within next 2 years. hahahaha