MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
T Azahan

Kuala Terengganu Sultan Mahmud WMKN/TGG

shud be under-utilised for few years. good to build now than later. but i look forward for TK doing his KUL-TGG-NRT or KUL-TGG-Medinah and Radzi/Ian or Khaled doing their KUL-TGG-TPE within next 2 years. hahahaha

Haha...i hope too...going to miss the old building....a lot of sweet memory...

rozhan, i am sure you will enjoy your upcoming trip to TGG. but i do hope the weather will be less hotter then. its boiling mad during the raya holidays. it rained only on 3rd day raya. sorry, i am not certain whether the completed area of the airport is already air-conditioned. but i doubt it is.

Thanks Azahan. TGG is always a nice place to visit, for the beaches and food. It is good to see that TGG is finally going to have a modern airport to rival AOR, KBR etc. Too bad the old structures are going to be demolished as Radzi mentioned. It was a quaint and cozy airport that shall be remembered when it is gone.

Nice pictures, Han :drinks:

Never been there, but the beach looks fabulous :pardon:

Baaahhhhhh, what a change in Terminal-size (old versus new) :blink:

Thanks for sharing Azahan, did you take interior shots of the new terminal at TGG?

No sir, I never had the chance to go in. But before TK arrived, i parked my car behind the row of new airport taxis at the arrival area.

12Oct2006_taxi_1a.jpg

For info, MH & AK's park their aircraft at the new tarmac and their arrivals are being done at new ariport whereas their departures are handled at old airport. The check in facilities are not ready (obviously) at the new airport. Thus u have to walk from old tarmac to the new tarmac when boarding aircraft. So its quite confusing for passengers and for those who pick them up or send them off. Firefly and vip jets still utilizes the old airport for both departure and arrival.

the planes come in from the beach (aka st maarten style) or parallel with the beach?

from the beach depending on wind condition. runway not parallel to the beach.

2nd DAY RAYA

Quiet and peaceful afternoon for 2nd day raya. TK and the little soldiers at our kampung house waiting for fresh coconut juice.......

14Oct2007_TK_1a.jpg

My uncle and his machai trying their best to pluck coconuts with my fat aunt giving instruction

14Oct2007_Coconut_1a.jpg

Roughly an hour later at 1517, I drove TK to the airport for his departure back to KUL. He had to work the next morning for the Stockholm run.

14Oct2007_TK_2a.jpg

My uncle and his machai trying their best to pluck coconuts with my fat aunt giving instruction

priceless comment lol

Baaaahhhh, Han,

So PEACEFUL overthere @ your kampung: just love it !!! :yahoo:

Great pictures of both airport and relatives :pardon: please, show us some more ;)

Quiet and peaceful afternoon for 2nd day raya. TK and the little soldiers at our kampung house waiting for fresh coconut juice.......
Oh, Azahan, are they your kids?

No sir, I never had the chance to go in. But before TK arrived, i parked my car behind the row of new airport taxis at the arrival area.
Haha, Azahan, looks like the taxis out at the East coasts are much better than those found in the West coast :p

Lol, at least your uncle and his machai don't have to climb the coconut trees, I know someone in Sabah who is really speedy in climbing coconut trees and sometimes when he gets a bit slack, he will ask his pet monkey to pick the coconuts for him. :D

So PEACEFUL overthere @ your kampung: just love it !!!
Which reminds me of Sabah! Edited by S V Choong

Wow, sure a lot of differences ever since my last visit.

If jumbo starts coming in from the beach, this airport will be another St. Marteen.

Azuddin

Nice Raya weekend for you, Azahan...

Nobody told the kid to use colgate for the upper row of his teeth..

bottom row seems ok... :rofl:

Thanks for sharing the 'St Maartens' shots, bro...

November arrival is awesome :clapping:

Nice of you to post St Marten Malaysia. Bring back a lot of memories. Back in 1999 when I started working there, thats where I lepak everyday after work.

If an a/c comes to land from the sea you can actually saw the exhaust blowing on the water and sand Or if at night waiting for one coming in to land with light and everything....it is just awesome and a bit scarry too....

My house was quite close to airport also, so every nite after dinner thats where I headed waiting for the last flight back to KUL. Priceless.....

Unfortunately, I only got to see a Pelangi Air F28 landed once before they terminate their service. And during monsoon season plenty of touch and go action.

i will try landing a 747 in this airport in my fs2004 soon.

how near is the runway threshold to the beach?

Thanx for all your beautiful comments guys. TGG is actually a peaceful place to be.

After TK left on Foxtrot, I waited for India to depart. She back tracked at St Maartens. Sorry for the quality. Heat haze at long zoom.....

14Oct2007_9MMGI_1a.jpg

14Oct2007_9MMGI_3a.jpg

14Oct2007_9MMGI_2a.jpg

14Oct2007_9MMGI_4a.jpg

After she left, I went back home to continue my 2nd day raya...... :rolleyes:

3rd DAY RAYA

Hehehehe. I was at the airport again at 0900, this time sending my ah moi and my little soldiers back to KUL on 1015 flight. Weather for today bad with morning rain. After they went into departure area, I drove quickly to St Maartens to witness the 'back track'. Cilakaaa raining. Anyway enjoy guys....... :rolleyes:

MH sent Zulu for the morning flight. Cilakaaa, raining now......

15Oct2007_9MMMZ_4a.jpg

U-turn in progress.......

15Oct2007_9MMMZ_2a.jpg

Almost there....

15Oct2007_9MMMZ_6a.jpg

On your mark, get set.........

15Oct2007_9MMMZ_3a.jpg

Throttling up.......bye bye my ah moi......

15Oct2007_9MMMZ_5a.jpg

Fireflyz looking so good in st.maarten ala malaysia :clapping:

Last shot is nice :good: wonder if there was anyone enjoying the jet blast :rolleyes:

WWWAAAAUUUUUU!!!!

Azahang, your shok meik mai ais bleek, yuno!

Wah, bakpe mung dok balik skali nga orhang 'puang nye? Dok puah makang 'kepok Batu Rhakik ke? Hehehehe.

WWWAAAAUUUUUU!!!!

Azahang, your shok meik mai ais bleek, yuno!

Wah, bakpe mung dok balik skali nga orhang 'puang nye? Dok puah makang 'kepok Batu Rhakik ke? Hehehehe.

orhang puang aku kene gi krije. so kene balik awa ke kolupor. sedak aku tingga sorang kat tgg. boleh gi spotting sokmo.

translation for pieter: my ah moi left earlier to kul to go back to work. so technically i am all by myself in tgg and i can go spotting all the time. heheheh.

orhang puang aku kene gi krije. so kene balik awa ke kolupor. sedak aku tingga sorang kat tgg. boleh gi spotting sokmo.

translation for pieter: my ah moi left earlier to kul to go back to work. so technically i am all by myself in tgg and i can go spotting all the time. heheheh.

lol .. I need that translation too. Bahasa TGG similar with k'late ?

Nice photo u have anyway :D

In that case: looking forward to more of your fabulous/awesome shots of Sint-Maarten :pardon: