MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Sabah Air may fly FAX's KK-Kudat-Sandakan route

A chance to try out the Nomad here. :D

NST

Sabah Air may fly FAX's KK-Kudat-Sandakan route

26 Jan 2007

Roy Goh

KOTA KINABALU, FRI: STATE owned Sabah Air may likely fly FlyAsianXpress (FAX) passengers between three destinations from next month. A deal is being finalised for Sabah Air's eight-seater Nomad aircraft to take over the Kota Kinabalu-Kudat-Sandakan route presently linked using a 19-seater Twin Otter.

A spokesman for Sabah Air said both sides have agreed in principle on the take over and as of today they are fine tuning details of the agreement due to be signed soon before Feb 1.

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/nst/Fri...icle/index_html

How come Sabah Air is taking over the route? FAX knot fly it anymore? not enough a/c?

More like not enough load. 19 pax is too much for Kudat, now they're getting smaller a/c.

If it's Sabah Air doing the route, then probably won't be the Nomad flying. I thought the bird is in Layang Layang Aerospace colours nowadays ?

Hmm, based on their website they seem to still operate the Nomad. But I noticed they also operate the King Air 200 and BN2 Islander. If they do then I would love to fly in them :D

Hmm, based on their website they seem to still operate the Nomad. But I noticed they also operate the King Air 200 and BN2 Islander. If they do then I would love to fly in them :D

Islander? Wow,that's interesting.But King Air 200 should be ok for BKI-KUD-SDK route :rolleyes:

But I noticed they also operate the BN2 Islander.

Mana ada.......

Whatever equipment they're gonna use (Nomad/Kingair or BN2), it would be a thrill flying one (or all three) of these to KUD in the future; will have to look for another route, in that case, in order to fly the trusty DHT :pardon:

Any insight in the fares, Sabah Air will be charging ? Will they be similar to the current ones ?

So the info about them operating the Islander in their website is outdated/incorrect? :huh:

Cos based on their website, they seem to operate it

http://www.sabahair.com.my/public/islander.asp

Never seen one. Doesn't mean it does not exist. But I strongly believe the info is outdated.

BTW, look at the Nomad's picture on top of the website. Reversed picture. Very unprofessional.

That's nice. I always wanted to go to Kudat. But I don't think I use the flight (frequency + waiting time + have to rent a car in Kudat). Better off rent a car in Kota Kinabalu.

Anyway, the flight looks good for golfers or business trips. Just board off the plane, take a cab to the destination and that's it. For sightseeing, probably not too suitable.

Anyway, anyone knows what island is in this photo? http://www.sabahair.com.my/images/galleries/12.jpg

Been seeing this image all over the net (and being typified as a "Malaysia island"). Maybe any Sabahans can let me know?

I believed this is Bulijong Bay (locally known as Police Bay) at the northern end of Pulau Gaya just a few kilometer off the coast of KK. Geographical coordinates is approximately 116d 01' 11"E, 6d 01' 47"N.