MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Seng Lim

JetStar SYD-KUL Launched

Jetstar just launched their direct flight from SYD to KUL. The special fare from KUL is RM250 one way (RM1320.27nett for the cheapest return flight). First flight in Sep and booking is ready :drinks:

You can choose your seat during the booking, complimentary bottle of water + water fountain & you can bring your own food onboard. Seat pitch is 31 inches.

They will be using KLIA Main Terminal for their operations.

Edited by Seng Lim

Yes, it's A330 (should be the 200 series) based on the seat map.

Here's the schedule

JQ66 KUL - SYD 2015 - 0610(+1) 2,4,7

JQ65 SYD - KUL 1215 - 1855 2,4,7

Special sales fare valid for travel from 9 Sep to 12 Nov.

Taxes & surcharge for JQ is RM820 return while for MH is RM793 in comparison.

Plenty available at the moment in JQ website, be quick before the cheap fares run out.

Edited by Seng Lim

I checked it out and the cheapest i could get was RM2k per passenger excluding tax

Me too, and I got 3k+ (nett) for late Sep travel, but website is fast.

+++

Booked my seat at 10 something just now. End Sep dep and return in early Oct, got RM250 for both sector and total fare is RM1320.27.

Please choose the KUL-SYD-KUL only (don't choose the KUL-MEL or KUL-BNE as it will be very expensive, RM1K plus one way for the same travel date I chosen).

You can book the domestic sales fares later (with JQ or DJ when your travel date open for sale -- not yet at the moment for Sep/Oct) between Syd -Mel/Bne and it will be around AUD59-69 one way nett.

Good luck to everyone.

Qantas' subsidiary Jetstar to fly direct to KL from Sept. 9

KUALA LUMPUR: Australian flag-carrier Qantas Airways Ltd.'s subsidiary Jetstar plans to start direct flights between Sydney and Kuala Lumpur this year, making it the second foreign budget airline to fly to Malaysia, Jetstar said Tuesday.

Jetstar plans three weekly flights starting Sept. 9, using 303-seat Airbus A330-200s, a statement from the airline said.

Despite being a budget carrier, it will offer a business class section, the statement said.

The flights are subject to regulatory approval.

The Kuala Lumpur-Sydney sector is currently controlled by Malaysia's national carrier Malaysia Airlines, as Qantas does not fly to Malaysia.

Jetstar will be the second fully foreign-owned low-cost carrier to fly to KLIA after the Philippines' Cebu Pacific Airways, which made its debut last month.

Jetstar spokeswoman Simone Pregellio denied that the new flights are part of an arrangement to allow Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia to fly to Australia.

AirAsia has said it plans to spread its wings beyond the Southeast Asia-China region to Europe, India and Australia.

"We are not working with AirAsia,'' Pregellio told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

Still, Jetstar plans to offer low fares through online booking with the one-way economy fare from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney costing 633 ringgit (US$180; euro141), provided the booking is made before Wednesday.

Bashir Ahmad, managing director of Malaysia Airports, said Jetstar will be the first Australian airline flying to Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

"This is indeed a breakthrough for Malaysia Airports,'' the statement quoted him as saying.

Jetstar started long-haul international flights in November 2006, and now directly serves five international markets from either Sydney or Melbourne, flying an existing 18 weekly return services.

These markets include Bangkok and Phuket in Thailand, Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam, Bali in Indonesia and Honolulu in the United States.

It is scheduled to start a daily service to Osaka from Sydney and return via Brisbane from March 25. - AP

They will be using KLIA Main Terminal for their operations.

You mean KLIA Main Terminal Building? Along with Malaysia Airlines domestic? Anyone to verify this though? I wonder how about immigration procedures? :o

ZACK!

You mean KLIA Main Terminal Building? Along with Malaysia Airlines domestic? Anyone to verify this though? I wonder how about immigration procedures? :o

ZACK!

I think it means NOT at the AK-dominated LCC-T.

And since when does KLIA have a dedicated domestic terminal? Contrary to VERY popular belief, there is no such thing as a domestic terminal at KLIA. The MTB can be used very much for a pure international flight operated by a foreign carrier. Remember the MTB has two levels, with 10 aerobridge-equipped gates accessible from both levels for mixed, pure int'l or pure domestic flights and another 10 aerobridge equipped gates for pure domestic flights only.

In my booking it's stated Kuala Lumpur International Airport -Main Terminal , thus it means they are not operating their flight from LCCT which is good :drinks:

What Mushrif has mentioned is right.

would have thought they would operate to LCCT coz they are a LCC... hehehe well cool... I hope JQ will also consider tking over KCH-PER vv route also :D maybe they can expand KCH will some aussie flights... I hope la

would have thought they would operate to LCCT coz they are a LCC... hehehe well cool... I hope JQ will also consider tking over KCH-PER vv route also :D maybe they can expand KCH will some aussie flights... I hope la

I agree with you Edwin.If JQ is considering on PER-KCH-PER v.v.,This is definately good news for Sarawak,especially to attract more tourists from Western Australia.

About bloody time!

Yes, KCH-PER is needed again. AK are looking at it...

Also by commencement in Sep JQ will be operating a fleet of 6 A332's (-EBB/C/D..they're getting -EBA off QF next month, -EBE delievered new in June and -EBF to follow in July)

In my booking it's stated Kuala Lumpur International Airport -Main Terminal , thus it means they are not operating their flight from LCCT which is good :drinks:

What Mushrif has mentioned is right.

That means you will check-in at the MTB. Whether the aircraft will be parked at MTB or Satellite is another matter.

Any timings? I hope they will operate during daylight.

Any timings? I hope they will operate during daylight.

JQ66 KUL - SYD 2015 - 0610(+1) 2,4,7

JQ timing is pretty close with MH123 & MH122 which is 2 and 3 hours earlier respectively.

The LCCT wouldn't work unless they're prepared to invest in lounge facilities there for Star Class pax.

It might look like I'm flying an LCC long haul after all, since Star Class accrues status credits and points to QF FFP at Business Class level although you're paying not much more than full economy. With the recent shocking changes to SQ PPS Club (sorry can't reveal) I'm itching for a revival of my oneworld memberships.

Edited by Keith T

On a good day, if they are not delayed or even early, there is still chance for photography....

Lets hope they continue their service into KLIA and perhaps get a boost

in pax numbers soon so they can increase capacity and frequency to KUL.

Lets see how MH copes with this new addition to the soon to be dominated

route come March 2007 when OS pulls out of the VIE-KUL-SYD vv route.

:rolleyes:

About bloody time!

Yes, KCH-PER is needed again. AK are looking at it...

Also by commencement in Sep JQ will be operating a fleet of 6 A332's (-EBB/C/D..they're getting -EBA off QF next month, -EBE delievered new in June and -EBF to follow in July)

Yes it is about Bloody time they seriously consider to revive this route I have NO IDEA what was the MAS manager thinking about when he scrapped that route :angry:

I hope JQ will operate the route for the a/c used is the same as MH this will surely help to boost the tourism in Sarawak the Malaysian Government and Sarawak Government and Tourism Body should look into this matter seriously. Also it would be a good idea for JQ to expand the market further by introducing new routes like KCH-MEL vv and SYD-KCH vv. Just a thought

Yes it is about Bloody time they seriously consider to revive this route I have NO IDEA what was the MAS manager thinking about when he scrapped that route :angry:

I hope JQ will operate the route for the a/c used is the same as MH this will surely help to boost the tourism in Sarawak the Malaysian Government and Sarawak Government and Tourism Body should look into this matter seriously. Also it would be a good idea for JQ to expand the market further by introducing new routes like KCH-MEL vv and SYD-KCH vv. Just a thought

Edwin,

The KCH-PER route was an idea by Sarawak's Ministry of Tourism and Urban Development and also Sarawak Tourism Board,as they had found out the potential of bringing tourists from Australia,especially Western Australia :lol:

The Sarawak Government and STB had asked MH to reconsider the plan to cease KCH-PER :rolleyes: and also KCH-KUL-FRA flight,but however both of their request had been turned down by MH <_ now time for the ministry of tourism and urban development also stb to negotiate this matter with ak src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_clapping.gif" alt=":clapping:"> after the formation of AirAsia X and also the inaugral JQ flight to KUL on September.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

Edwin,

The KCH-PER route was an idea by Sarawak's Ministry of Tourism and Urban Development and also Sarawak Tourism Board,as they had found out the potential of bringing tourists from Australia,especially Western Australia :lol:

The Sarawak Government and STB had asked MH to reconsider the plan to cease KCH-PER :rolleyes: and also KCH-KUL-FRA flight,but however both of their request had been turned down by MH <_< Now,it's time for the Ministry of Tourism and Urban Development and also STB to negotiate this matter with AK :clapping: after the formation of AirAsia X and also the inaugral JQ flight to KUL on September.

I hope STB and the Urban development Minister will also discuss with JQ it would be great to see more airlines serving KCH.

I hope STB and the Urban development Minister will also discuss with JQ it would be great to see more airlines serving KCH.

You're right,Edwin.KCH now only had 2 foreign operators,MI and Batavia Air.SQ used to fly to KCH with their A310,but later they're withdrawing.KA and RBA also once operates to KCH,but now RBA is pulling out from KCH,and now KA is operating KCH-BKI-HKG v.v. on codeshare basis with MH.

Here's more info on KCH.(Source:Wikipedia)

Kuching International Airport

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby