MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tina123

Seating recommendations

Guest Tina123

We are flying ARN-KUL-SYD with 2 children (3 and 5 years old)

If anyone has the time to give me advice about the seatings we have, I would be grateful.

I am concerned since its long flights with small children: Important that its comfortable, safe (close to emergency exit and other safety factors) and other things to consider.

ARN-KUL MH 91: 18 J,K 19 J,K B777-200

KUL-SYD MH 141: 24J,K 25 J,K B777-200

SYD-KUL MH 122: 32 D,E,F,G B747-400

KUL-ARN MH 90: 16 J,K 17 J,K B777-200

/Tina

maybe for safety you would want to sit near the emergency exit. but if ur sitting beside the emergency exit with ur children they wont allow you. because they dont allow children to sit on the emergency exit row. but if u want a comfortable journey u should sit right infront of the economy class. behind the bussiness class. so you will have more leg space. :)

I personally dun care where to seat, just find out the flight load on that day, if empty, then you can have 4 seat to urself :good:

I do agree with Tina. For 4 people travelling on MAS' 777 it is good to split the seat into two rows (for eg. 18A,B and 19A,B) and for the 744 it is good to be in the middle row.

Guest Fendy
I do agree with Tina. For 4 people travelling on MAS' 777 it is good to split the seat into two rows (for eg. 18A,B and 19A,B) and for the 744 it is good to be in the middle row.

theres no row B on 777 hahah :)

..... and for the 744 it is good to be in the middle row

And sacrifice the view out of the window ?! :D

I remember there are a few rows right at the end of 744's where the configuration is 2-4-2. Perhaps grab a couple of those rows ? But then, please take others' advice more seriously than mine, since it has been years since I flew long haul !

For me aisle seat is always more comfortable compared to window seat, spaciousness factor I guess. Couldn't imagine if I stuck on window seat with another 2 passangers next to me, short flight is OK but long flight will be quite inconvenient and uncomfortable. However some people like window seat bcos they like to lean against the wall, help them to sleep better. Afterall it's personal preference.

Goodness, you're so right about being crammed into a window seat when configuration is 3-x-3. It's inhumanely claustrophobic, especially when one needs to answer nature's call and you can see your fellow passengers comfortably settled in !!

And sacrifice the view out of the window ?! :D

I remember there are a few rows right at the end of 744's where the configuration is 2-4-2. Perhaps grab a couple of those rows ? But then, please take others' advice more seriously than mine, since it has been years since I flew long haul !

that's row 60-62. last row is 63 but no window.

enjoy the long walk during embarkation/disembarkation if the flight is full.

Edited by dsim

I think Tina's seat selection are fine as they are. Not much ground view for the window seats given the overwing location - but the seat location ensures a more stable (given the overwing location) and less noisy flights (given location ahead of jet blast "area") apart from maybe MH141. Tina should try to get similar seats further up in front but no major disadvantage really. If she could, get row 30 DEFG in the 744 as this has more room, even though she may not use a bassinet. MH reservation may not release the seat for pre-selection but she can always put in a note requested for them and hope no other more deserving parent with a baby gets them.

Some suggest getting the two-seaters at the side on the 744. Whilst this provides a great view, it can be rather choppy at the back. Travelling with young kids, Tina is better-off in the centre seats, especially if she secures row 30.

One other thing, being further up in front helps by being one of the early pax to get off the plane and into the immigration line.

Edited by mushrif a

Just a little question (off topic) to Tina123 or anyone who knows!

How could she know what seats she'd have on the airplane (assuming she hadn't already checked in as she wrote it)?

Me myself, I'm flying MH90/91 ARN-EWR-ARN in April and I would love to be able to book seats in advance.

Edited by VLO

Guest Tina123

Thanks again. I will consider row 30 in the 744.

"VLO" asked me how I could know my seating: I got it from my travel angency.

/Tina

Just a little question (off topic) to Tina123 or anyone who knows!

How could she know what seats she'd have on the airplane (assuming she hadn't already checked in as she wrote it)?

Me myself, I'm flying MH90/91 ARN-EWR-ARN in April and I would love to be able to book seats in advance.

You can request specific seats in all classes when flying MH. This has been a feature made available some many years ago. You can do it through your TA or just call up MH.

Thanks again. I will consider row 30 in the 744.

"VLO" asked me how I could know my seating: I got it from my travel angency.

/Tina

And don't forget to request your special children's meals or your own too if you have special dietary requirements.

Btw, the other bassinet-extra-room rows are 40 and 52, but much less desirable. Row 40 is just behind the toilets area and you have to deal with the traffic and other pax hanging around there. Row 52 is OK but too far back, choppy and noticeably less serene given engine noise. I think any row between 30 - 35 DEFG is better than row 40 or 52 unless you really need a bassinet.

Sorry for keeping this thread alive and not sticking to the subject!

I must say I'm already very impressed of MH! Every time I've tried to request a certain seat, I've had to pay for it (with other airlines).

Anyways, now I have a question. As I'm flying ARN-EWR-ARN in April I'm going to request seats. We're three persons so we're not going to be able to get seats next to eachother near the windows. So I'm going to try to request seats 12A,C and D. Are these good seats?

Guest Tina123
Sorry for keeping this thread alive and not sticking to the subject!

I must say I'm already very impressed of MH! Every time I've tried to request a certain seat, I've had to pay for it (with other airlines).

Anyways, now I have a question. As I'm flying ARN-EWR-ARN in April I'm going to request seats. We're three persons so we're not going to be able to get seats next to eachother near the windows. So I'm going to try to request seats 12A,C and D. Are these good seats?

I have never paid for requesting a special seat, but I know its the tradition when you fly charter airlines, for example MyTravel Airways.

/Tina

Those seats are fine and so are 14 A, C and D (there's no row 13). You can also try 12 H and 12 JK (the other side). Note that the center seats DEFGH of a certain row is not exactly aligned with the AC/ JK seats of the same row. Tne center seats are positioned slightly ahead of the AC / JK seats, but no real issue.

Sign in to follow this