MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Alif A. F.

RM24,000 flight to New York!

Source: The Star

WHEN the recent “good news” came that Malaysia Airlines is offering cheaper air tickets from Jan 15, if booked well in advance, I was elated as I planned to go to the United States in May.

Hence I quickly logged on to the website. But when I found out that a return trip to New York for two adults and a child will set me back RM72,220, I nearly fainted.

At first I thought I could have input some wrong data in my request. I tried three times and got the same result.

If you were to average out, I will have to pay about RM24,000 per person. Is there an error in the software or is MAS getting crazy about profits?

This whole episode is leaving me shaking my head in utter disbelief!

DISBELIEF,

Kuala Lumpur.

WHEN the recent “good news” came that Malaysia Airlines is offering cheaper air tickets from Jan 15, if booked well in advance, I was elated as I planned to go to the United States in May.

Hence I quickly logged on to the website. But when I found out that a return trip to New York for two adults and a child will set me back RM72,220, I nearly fainted.

At first I thought I could have input some wrong data in my request. I tried three times and got the same result.

If you were to average out, I will have to pay about RM24,000 per person. Is there an error in the software or is MAS getting crazy about profits?

DISBELIEF,

Kuala Lumpur.

I think u r looking at First Class... I'm not sure about MH. But SQ non-stop direct flight to Newark cost about RM23K a pop on A340.

Normally, a MH economy class ticket will set u back at about ~ RM4k-5k. It's a B772 flight via Stockholm (ARN), I believed.

WHEN the recent “good news†came that Malaysia Airlines is offering cheaper air tickets from Jan 15, if booked well in advance, I was elated as I planned to go to the United States in May.

DISBELIEF,

Kuala Lumpur.

I checked the Malaysia Airlines booking website again. For 2 adults and 1 child, the price of return flights (travelling in May 2007) from KUL to EWR will be RM 13,257.00 in total for the lowest price. Please check again. :)

ZACK!

I think the sender should mention the class he hop into before making any statement :rolleyes: As far as I know there are no first class to EWR with MH (as the airline utilises B772ER). So, the sender must have booked the business class then...

Guest Fendy

yeah, i think the author tried to book into business. checked the website, it is 13k cheapest for Y and 77k for J for 2 adults and 1 child. good day.

Actually the topic starter quote the article from the star newspaper. He is not the one who check the air ticket price at MAS website.

Is it possible a full fare unristricted Y class ticket would cost this much? But nowadays, who fly full fare Y?

Yes, yes, I think that's what comes out - Full Fare Y...

Surely he mistakenly booked the business class. He didnt even mentioned what class he was trying to book. Rather than checking his 'arsenals', he just went raving mad in the newspaper.. surely tomorrow one of MAS staff will 'retaliate' in The Star... cant wait :D

Moral of the story: Look before you leap, check before you go berserk!! at least call the customer service or something...

Edited by Yusoff

Surely he mistakenly booked the business class. He didnt even mentioned what class he was trying to book. Rather than checking his 'arsenals', he just went raving mad in the newspaper.. surely tomorrow one of MAS staff will 'retaliate' in The Star... cant wait :D

Moral of the story: Look before you leap, check before you go berserk!! at least call the customer service or something...

He could have checked on the business but believe me, even if you check Y Class you'll get that amount on certain circumstances. You can try that on-hand. I did that before (just for fun) and I was shocked!

Sign in to follow this