MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Seng Lim

MAS Travel Fair 2007

I agree... :yahoo: :pardon:

When did you fly KLM ? :lol:

Yes, AK responded with 99% discount. God knows what that means. I'll buy AK fares if the 99% discount is for fuel surcharge, LOL.

MH is no better. Taxes and surcharges and what-nots are just plain exorbitant. So misleading. Oil price is only $50 per barrel, meaning jet fuel is probably $65-$70 which is still a far cry from the previous spike. MH is probably trying to extort as much money as possible before they decide to lower the fuel surcharge. Afterall, they just announced a profit and surely wanted to keep the momentum going.

Your might be right. Once the "sale" is over they might then lower the surcharge.

Edited by Alan B.

MATF is MAS' own travel fair, and obviously sells its own tickets. MATTA is Malaysian Association of Tour and Travel Agents fair and tickets for other airlines, including MAS, are on sale.

MATTA is more lively... with culture shows etc., and held usually at PWTC. MATF used to be held physically, the first at Mid Valley Megamall, and the second at The Mines Convention Centre. But now it is only through the internet, MAS offices and travel agents...which is so uninteresting.

Tried a few random dates for domestic flights in the peninsular, but the advertised cheap fares never turned up. I give up already. I think Air Asia's sales are more transparent.

If you want to 'collect' a nice KLM souvenir (Delft-blue house), why don't you try KLM business-class (upper-deck) for around RM 1300 return ? :p

AMS-KUL bussiness class for MYR1300? are u serious Uncle Pieter? that about EUR300... If that so.. how can i book one?

AMS-KUL bussiness class for MYR1300? are u serious Uncle Pieter? that about EUR300... If that so.. how can i book one?

I believe the MYR1300 biz class fare quote from Unc. Pieter is for KUL-CGK-KUL on KLM.

Thanks Rozhan,

I'm looking for a cheap tickets to the Dubai or Doha, should I buy it now or wait for the MATTA this coming March?

For wider choice of airlines then MATTA is the one to look forward to. Even airlines will offer great deals direct to customers, apart from those offered by travel agents. But the choice is up to you.

Hey guyz, on certain routes the offer doesn't seem to be tempting, but my dad booked flight for my sis to LAX during MATF, roundtrip at MYR2500 inc. tax, surcharge intl. tax etc.............that's what bargain mean :pardon: That's even cheaper than 2 roundtrip to MNL.....

Edited by Seth K

Latest news : Travel fair being extended 1 more week to 12 Feb 2007. Although according to MAS it's due to overwhelming response from it's customer, but I guess it's the other way around. If most of their cheap seats has been snapped, do you think they will extend the fair for another week?

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 5 (Bernama) -- The Malaysia Airlines Travel Fair 2007 which commenced last Wednesday has been extended until Feb 12 following the overwhelming response from its customers.

MAS' Commercial Director Datuk Rashid Khan said the extension was to cater to those who have not had much time to plan their journeys.

Malaysia Airlines' offers for this year's Travel Fair involved five million seats covering 59 international destinations such as London, Sydney, Melbourne, Tokyo, Shanghai, Perth, Auckland, Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Beijing.

Domestic packages that created great interest amongst the customers were Langkawi, Pulau Redang and Pulau Perhentian.

Tickets are available at the airline's ticketing offices and appointed agents in Malaysia and ASEAN countries and at its 24 hour Call Centre at 1-300-88-3000.

Those booking any regular priced hotels worldwide through www.malaysiaairlines.com from Jan 31 until Feb 11 will enjoy a five percent rebate.

Passed by MAS office at KL Sentral at 7.30 pm yesterday. Less than 15 people around, but with plenty of additional seats to accomodate the anticipated crowd. Perhaps people found better deals elsewhere.... like what I did at a certain red-themed airline.

Well those who want to go those destinations which is not covered by the 'red theme airline' will most probably wait for MATTA fair to come as there will more choices and most probably the air fares will be more competitive as well. However for those who only want to travel direct nonstop flight, MATF will be the best choice.

I believe the MYR1300 biz class fare quote from Unc. Pieter is for KUL-CGK-KUL on KLM.

Indeed for KUL-CGK-KUL on KLM C-Class: 150% on Flyingblue miles and free Delft-blue 'souvenir' :good:

I was only searching for flights to Australia (Brisbane in particular) and found the MATTA fare isn't really a bargain. Maybe it works out OK for those living in KL / Klang Valley, but for East Malaysians like me, travelling via Singapore on SQ or QF seem more attractive, and still works out cheaper even you have to pay a ridiculous RM860 on KCH-SIN roundtrip. My sis just pop into the Royal Brunei airlines office in KK last week and their fare to Brisbane return is RM1,621 (including taxes) ex-KK! This is about RM800 cheaper than MAS 'offer' ex-KUL..... I have booked the flight and now I am hoping they will be using the refurbished 767 on the BWN-BNE run. Otherwise I need to find a way to entertain myself during flight :-p

Hi HC, RM1621nett return is definitely a real bargains. Looking forward for your trips report and please share with us how's BWN airport (heard it's pretty boring) + the pre take off prayer & the non alcoholic catering :drinks: .

Pre take off prayer? :mellow:

Yup,you're right on it.Pre take off prayers will be recited before take off..Just what i've expected on every RBA flights from BWN :rolleyes: .

Yup,you're right on it.Pre take off prayers will be recited before take off..Just what i've expected on every RBA flights from BWN :rolleyes: .

and most middle east carriers

The Borneo Post Online

Thursday,February 8th,2007

MATF offers direct flights to HK and Canton

By Alexius Barieng

KUCHING: The Malaysia Airline’s Travel Fair (MATF) 2007 offers Sarawakians the chance to fly direct from Kuching to Hong Kong or Canton.

According to Malaysia Airlines (MAS) sales executive, Saleh Hassan, despite transiting in Kota Kinabalu, the flight was still considered ‘direct’ given that passengers would maintain the same flight number and use one ticket for the journey.

He said the fair also offered a promotion from Kuching to Perth via Kuala Lumpur.

This offer is only available for those who purchase tickets through MAS ticketing counters and agents in Sarawak.

Saleh explained the Kuching-Perth trip would cost RM799 per person for a one-way journey, excluding airport tax.

MATF, which started on Jan 31, has been extended another six days, until Feb 12, due to overwhelming response.

Customers who have shown a lot of interest, but have not had a chance to plan for their travel itinerary can now take advantage of the offers.

Pre take off prayer? :mellow:

It's actually 'doa perjalanan'. Muslims are encouraged to recite this short prayer before embarking on a journey, be it by land, by air, or by sea.

+++

It's actually 'doa perjalanan'. Muslims are encouraged to recite this short prayer before embarking on a journey, be it by land, by air, or by sea.

+++

Yah,you're right,Naim.Each time when the aircraft is on take-off position,I always recite it in my heart,praying to God for a safe takeoff and also safe landing.