MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azman MN

Air Asia promotion

I actually submitted my booking twice because it didn't go through the first time .....

Wow, you're really going through with it this time ?! :shok:

This is LCC AK we're talking about right ? :lol:

One problem, though: What's there to see in Surabaya?

I actually flew on AK to Surabaya when they did RM0.00 fare promo last year. Yes, pretty much nothing in Surabaya. When we arrived there, we went straight to Tosari for Bromo-Semeru National Park (about 2-3 hour land transfer). For more info, check out http://java.uluwatu.org

:)

Have fun!

You can still book online and just choose the option to pay via bank (confirmation/Reference number will be given with certain dateline to make the payment over the bank's counter). Came across this option when I made the payment via credit card.

Edited by Seng Lim

You can still book online and just choose the option to pay via bank (confirmation/Reference number will be given with certain dateline to make the payment over the bank's counter). Never done that before but came across this option when I made the payment via credit card.

Aishyy Seng, of course I would love too, but there are parents controlling me :rolleyes: May be next year when I'm 18!!!!

Edited by Seth K

Wow, you're really going through with it this time ?! :shok:

This is LCC AK we're talking about right ? :lol:

Well, yes. :pardon:

Only a JHB-KUL; I won't have lounge access with MH anyway. And the SIN-KUL-SIN route is a rip off if flown independently on SQ.

..... of course I would love too, but there are parents controlling me .....

Heck, make out a convincing case, pujuk-pujuk a bit (butter them up) and if you really play your cards right, the parents may well end up paying for the trip with their credit cards instead !! ;)

Good luck !

Haha, I guess the issues here is 'LCC'. Just like some chinese parent in KL who prohibit their children from riding motorbikes (due to safety issues).

Only a JHB-KUL; .....

Wise move - start off on a small dose, gradually increasing dosage (frequency or duration) until immunity (read apathy) sets in. Then you'll be ready to face the real challenge, LCC long haul ! :rofl:

BTW, my money is on MAN being AK X's first destination in the UK - remember they did the test flight with 9M-AFC (Man Utd colours) few months back ? And we all thought it was just some promo gimmick with the footballers - how naive ! :rolleyes:

..... Just like some chinese parent in KL who prohibit their children from riding motorbikes (due to safety issues)

Not safety issues lah, just in case they end up 'Mat Rempits' instead !! :rolleyes:

LCC issue, could this be it, doubt so :rolleyes: Welcome to the world of paranoia, I can't even ride the KLIA express to KLIA tomorrow, hmmm, let alone flying w/ AK to unknown city :pardon: But, what to worry mates, this million-seats come and go, there'll be better luck next time :good: For those that booked the flights, Happy Flying, and the one that still searching, work harder :D

Edited by Seth K

Wise move - start off on a small dose, gradually increasing dosage (frequency or duration) until immunity (read apathy) sets in. Then you'll be ready to face the real challenge, LCC long haul ! :rofl:

:blink: :o :o

I can't even fly full service Economy for more than 8 hours!

And lounge access (preferably with DOM or Chilean cab merlot) rocks. ;)

But as you can see from my signature, I'd be flying Virgin Blue a fair bit for my domestic trips due to a politically-motivated boycott against Qantas. Virgin Blue also has aerobridge access and assigned seating (a mere 30 bucks more for emex/bulkhead rows). Planning to arm myself with a bento box from my favourite Japanese eatery and Krispy Kreme donuts for my onboard meal (much cheaper than what they sell onboard). Grab a soy latte from The Lounge before departure - and it'd feel even nicer than flying Qantas with their dry paninis.

Edited by Keith T

So Keith what will happens if have no choice but fly longhaul in economy for more than 8 hours?

By the way Virgin Blue allowed passangers bringing and having their own food?

So Keith what will happens if have no choice but fly longhaul in economy for more than 8 hours?

By the way Virgin Blue allowed passangers bringing and having their own food?

I've done economy MEL-SIN-LHR before - won $200 from a mate for that. He bet that I wouldn't go through with it. He made me buy non-upgradeable, non-refundable tickets and confiscated my FFP card so I can't get into lounges. Have pics to prove it. :D

Still trying to block out memories of that to this day - sufferred from the infamous BA Back. If I can't get availability in Business or First I'd rather not fly. I get guaranteed seating on LH C due to my FFP status (even if the plane is full - they'd just force an oversell or bump out someone else) so I won't be forced to fly Y. At the very least I'd be forced to fly LH C instead of a better C class. :p

I'm doing SQ Y for NRT-SIN-MEL though - but with a 3 hour transit so that's not too bad.

Yep DJ allows pax to bring their own food but you cannot heat it onboard.

Edited by Keith T

Here's a tip to get better access to the website. By default, all URL addresses will begin with www.airasia.com/bla/blah/skylights.cgi/blah - should you encounter problem, just change the address to either:

1 - www2.airasia.com/bla.../bla..

2 - www.airasia.com.my/bla/bla

Just add either of these pre/suffixes when you encounter odd errors like "You seemed to be logged out" when it was clearly you have logged in oredi.

Good luck!

Sign in to follow this