MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azman MN

Air Asia promotion

I heard some unconfirmed rumours that AirAsia will be offering free tickets for travel period April - October. This will be advertised tomorrow 10 Jan., but you can already start booking tonight.... :good:

Can't seem to be able to get into their website at the moment....

It was mentioned in tonight's NTV7 news as well.

Info is now up on their website.

Edited by Sing Yew

cool saw it on the website. Hey does anyone know when will Air Asia start flying KCH-CGK route? I read it in the papers. According to the papers they will start around this month? the one i saw was to PEN.

yeah, 1,000,000 "free" seats to 70 destinations across Asia. Of course, tax is still payable :) but hey! That's negligible.

One bad thing though, when it's up for grabs, you can hardly even use their online booking system as they give you proxy error most of the time and when you finally get through, you'll also have to suffer proxy error each time you click on the Next button to proceed to the next stage of booking.

It's extremely disappointing that I was one of the first few to try grab the free tickets but couldn't and didn't dare do so as the socket error would make me click refresh repeatedly and could possibly double or even triple charge my credit card. So I didn't get to book it and what do you know, try again the next day, walla, it's all gone. Why? All because of the stupid system which is incapable of handling heavy traffic.

Air Asia should increase their server capacities as it's extremely frustrating not to get a ticket just because of their server, only to be grabbed by someone else later. sigh...

Air Asia should increase their server capacities as it's extremely frustrating not to get a ticket just because of their server, only to be grabbed by someone else later. sigh...

I understand it's also affecting those who are paying for their tickets too - victim of their own success I suppose !

This is the Air Asia business tactic. I feel that it is so non ethical business strategy. If you want to give people free ticket, you shouldn't create so many 'hurdle' for people to grab the ticket.

Otherwise, people will 'curse' you!! :clapping:

Do your airasia.com booking after midnight when server is less busy. I've grabbed my "0.00" tix effortlessly this way.

This is the Air Asia business tactic. I feel that it is so non ethical business strategy. If you want to give people free ticket, you shouldn't create so many 'hurdle' for people to grab the ticket.

What a typical Malaysian mentality...always wanting spoon feeds.. How to compete with the rest of the world?

Nothing is free my friend. Just try your best to get the deal. <_<

What a typical Malaysian mentality...always wanting spoon feeds.. How to compete with the rest of the world?

Nothing is free my friend. Just try your best to get the deal. <_>

seconded. first come first served :)

As Naim says, try after midnight! Guaranteed to have some luck. BTW, I have been accessing AirAsia's website daily and have yet to encounter any problems or slowness... my conection is a StreamyX one too - and I say that only because we are all aware of the quality of StreamyX services.

You want free ticket right..just jump over the hurdle la then... :blink:

1. Went through an online equivalent of shoving, jumping queues and hurdles too.

2. Managed to get seats. Opted to pay via Maybank2u.

3. Confirmation page failed to load. Payment status "ON HOLD". Account, however, deducted.

4. Phone CallCentre ( x 2000 repeatedly) using two phones. Couldn't get through.

5. Finally got through. Lady said don't worry, "money will be in within 4 hours".

6. Inhaled.

7. 6 hours later, around midnight, Status "CONFIRMED".

8. Exhaled.

1. Went through an online equivalent of shoving, jumping queues and hurdles too.

2. Managed to get seats. Opted to pay via Maybank2u.

3. Confirmation page failed to load. Payment status "ON HOLD". Account, however, deducted.

4. Phone CallCentre ( x 2000 repeatedly) using two phones. Couldn't get through.

5. Finally got through. Lady said don't worry, "money will be in within 4 hours".

6. Inhaled.

7. 6 hours later, around midnight, Status "CONFIRMED".

8. Exhaled.

If 'on hold' or 'pending', no need to panic. As long as you get the booking code. But do your booking at 2am, even less stressful :D

Honestly speaking, I really appreciate what AirAsia has offered us and no complaints at all. Be the first to know the bargain, make up your mind when to travel and grab it during off peak hours.

I grab 3 tickets to Macau on Tuesday 9 Jan (Member pre sale day) at about 7pm. Most of the dates I check for April $0.00 fares is avaialable. Key in all the necessary info and pay by credit card. A minute later confirmation email arrived and my card center called me to verified the transaction as well (to avoid fraud).

Next morning (10 Jan - official sales day), checked the same dep/ret date and $0.00 fares all gone.

On today, Apr till Sep all $0.00 fares for Macau all finished. Oct limited.

Thank god, I did it during the member pre sales date.

One more tips for those who are not aware, if you are doing the booking during member pre sales day, make sure you login first so that the booking can complete from A to Z. If you didn't login, you'll receive Error message half way through.

Edited by Seng Lim

I grab 3 tickets to Macau on Tuesday 9 Jan (Member pre sale day) at about 7pm. Most of the dates I check for April $0.00 fares is avaialable. Key in all the necessary info and pay by credit card. A minute later confirmation email arrived and my card center call me to verified the transaction as well (to avoid fraud).

One more tips for those who are not aware, if you are doing the booking during member pre sales day, make sure you login first so that the booking can complete from A to Z. If you didn't login, you'll receive Error message half way through.

Yup, good tips there, and 0.00 Macau, Bali & Hanoi were the first to go. Enjoy your Macau (+ HK?) trip, SL, we are going BKK to see friends. Maybe try Chiang Mai and Padang too. :D

Hi Naim, good to know you'll go BKK with these $0.00 W Fares. I'll bring my parent to Macau, never been there. I only know the food are pretty good and the hotel is cheaper (Sun - Thu) compared to HKG. Been to HKG before don't really like the city as people in general just rude (because we walk too slow on the street :blink: ), will keep the options open as it's just 1 hour away by boat (return fare about RM140).

Tpe is really nice (lots of great food, friendly polite people and super clean toilet) and I really hope AK will start their flight to Tpe soon.

Hi Prashant, congratulations on the 5 tickets u got :drinks: .

Afterall now we all know AK $0.00 fare offer is genuine as it's not just 1-2 seats per flight like some people said.

Hi Naim, good to know you'll go BKK with these $0.00 W Fares.

Ahem, need to qualify. I paid RM245 nett for the 0.00 KUL-BKK-KUL tix. But still cheap lah. Four of us going. :drinks:

Okay, off to LCCT now for my BKI trip. Have a good & safe weekend all.

+++

Made my first ever AK booking! :o

Ok - I confess, I was tempted by the MYR0 deal. Booked 12th JUL JHB-KUL and 14th JUL KUL-JHB. So you KUL folks will have to deal with me for another 2 days. ;) Tax of MYR80 works out to be a grand total of AUD15! Cheaper than my one way bus journey in Feb. :drinks:

Now to work out how to get to and from JHB from SIN... and the anticipation of little delights my 15 dollar adventure will bring like the LCCT, and walking to and from the airplane... I don't anticipate the actual flight to be that much different than MAS short hauls of the same length (I've done KUL-PEN) apart from the lack of OJ/milo and peanuts.

They're morning departures though! :o

Edited by Keith T

I am not complaining about the competition here if you guys understand what I am trying to get at. Yes, I understand we can get the tickets off peak hours but do understand that not all people have internet access off peak hours. The reason I didn't proceed with the booking during the peak hours was because of the inconsistent connection to the server.

I have seen my colleagues trying to cancel a double charge with the bank and you don't wanna know how much hassle you have to go through.. and when you have to call AirAsia to cancel it, the system goes.. "HI, WELCOME TO AIRASIA. OUR LINES ARE ALL BUSY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO OVERWHELMING RESPONSE FROM THE PROMOTION..." As much as I love AirAsia, OMG, please help me. The woman is just annoying! :lol:

All I am saying is, if you wanna do promotions, please be able to support the traffic. I mean, its just like going to online stores and buy something during promotions and when you wanna buy, the system goes hay wire. In case you guys are wondering, I am talking about the system and not the business tactics whatsoever. I appreciate AirAsia for what they do and that is giving low fares and making it affordable to fly. For that, I love them very much, BUT the system has got to be improved. A bigger server farm maybe?

Yes, its a first come first serve basis and if anyone is complaining about not getting seats because they were late, please don't because they are only offering that limited seats. But for those who were early and couldn't book, I feel for you because I am in your shoes as well. I mean, this is like, first come, not served, last come, got served.

No offence or anything. I like the promotion but the system has just got to be improved. This is not the first time I have encountered this problem. It's just my 2 cents and congrats to those who got the free seats. :D

I actually submitted my booking twice because it didn't go through the first time. The 2nd time it said that my booking request has been queued and will be processed asap. So I thought I'd better call up to check that only 1 request has been queued instead of 2. And yes the wait was long... I dread to see my IDD charges this month. :S

Anyhoo the very nice lady on the phone assured me that she could only see 1 booking. So we'll see...

Yes, its a first come first serve basis and if anyone is complaining about not getting seats because they were late, please don't because they are only offering that limited seats. But for those who were early and couldn't book, I feel for you because I am in your shoes as well. I mean, this is like, first come, not served, last come, got served.

Well, agree very much with you here. I encounter same problem as you did, and while I was able the book again, all RM 0 fare were gone... They really need a better server IMO.

It's a Surabaya trip for 6 of us this May. Fly RM1050 (taxes only), Stay RM6**.

One problem, though: What's there to see in Surabaya?

Hahahah.

Clever AirAsia, clever! Apr to Oct, that's 7 months of travelling period, literally THOUSANDS of seats being booked within one week of January 2007. Processing fees + fuel surcharge start at RM80 per way (yes, despite RM0.00 "ticket price"). Fuel surcharge for international price can be a lot more.

And oil price has gone down from USD78 to USD53 at the time of writing. There is no indication AK is removing the fuel surcharge. Maybe they will, BUT after all the Apr-Oct flights are booked :-)

Don't get me wrong. I managed to get tickets myself. It is still better than being slapped with certain fares PLUS processing fees + fuel surcharge.

Edited by Roszaimy

Sign in to follow this