MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Ong

Boeing 737NG or Airbus A320 Family????

Boeing 737NG or Airbus A320 Family?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you like better overall?

• Boeing 737NG (737-600, 737-700, 737-700ER, 737-800, 737-900, 737-900ER)
    • Airbus A320 Family (A318, A319, A320, A321)

Since the reason why Boeing introduced the 737NG in 1997 is to rival Airbus's A320 Family

In your opinion, which one (737NG or A320) do you think is better :)

Cheers! :drinks:

Hopefully, this is not starting an A- versus B-war :angry:

Guest Fendy

each have their advantages and disadvantages over the other... so basically i guess this just boils down to personal preference?

Since the reason why Boeing introduced the 737NG in 1997 is to rival Airbus's A320 Family

so it was the only reason?

Go find more reasons why they introduced the 737NG

Go find more reasons why they introduced the 737NG

Surely Boeing was just jealous, right? :pardon: hehehe oops.. I shouldn't be too cheeky lah... hehehe Andrew, check that info out for us yeah! :D :good:

Whichever we prefer, will not have a slight effect on how the airlines purchase their aircraft.

At the end of the day, it comes down to the dollars and cents offered to airlines.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a war but more of a discussion on which aircraft actually supercedes each other. Make this a proper discussion alright people? Don't be so barbaric to bash each other around. Thanks.

Anyway, yes, both families have their own disadvantages and advantages, but for some reason, I tend to like the Boeing more. I mean, this is just me, because I find the shape of the Boeing aircraft very nice. In terms of avionics, I tend to favour Boeings too. This is just me though, probably I fly the Boeing more often.

Like I said, this is my personal opinion, so I am not bashing Airbus whatsoever, some might find the Airbus better. :)

Gee, and here was me thinking Boeing updated the 737 due to the A380 threat looming! :rolleyes: I actually thought the A320 was introduced because of the 737 threat...or back in the '60s was Boeing confident a company that didn't exist at the time would one day spring up with a similar product in some time at some point! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Each type has their pro's and con's, to say one is better would be solely personal preference.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but please define "better"? It's a bit meaningless unless you narrow down the definition, such as operator, e.g AK's A320 versus Ryanair's 737 (from a pax perspective).

This is like asking which is more delicious, nasi lemak or nasi ayam?

Sign in to follow this