MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Peter Smith

Etihad Inaugral

Just a reminder to all the photographers that you have 7 days until the inaugral Etihad flight to Kuala Lumpur.

Flight times:

EY405 AUH (0240) - KUL (1330) Daily ex- Sat

EY406 KUL (1500) - AUH (1815) Daily ex- Sat

All flights are scheduled to be ops by A343, but with only 1 (A6-EYC) in their fleet, i'm sure you'll be seeing some of their other Airbus models on occasions.

I look forward to the pics!!

i am looking forward for that too... see you guys on the hill thou i might only have the chance to catch the departure flight

Hmm...1330 on 16th Jan....by that time I just arrive from BKI at LCCT, hopefully I can bump into Etihad. Dang! Stuck in airport side rather than at OH.

1330....hmm with current weather and 32R ops... Obs hill should be fine

But departing at 1500.... decision...decision...

Hope to be there... :spiteful: Jon... lets go... you need mc arrr??? :rofl:

Etihad.airways.1.750pix.jpg

Razlan,

The only difference is, the KUL flight will be a 340 and this is a 330 :)

As Etihad Airways, the UAE’s National Airline, prepares to launch its next destination to Kuala Lumpur, there has been significant interest from the air cargo industry for the new service to the Malaysian capital.

From 16 January 2007, the Abu Dhabi-based airline will operate one of its three-zone Airbus A340-300 aircraft on the route, which offers the airline’s cargo customers a capacity of up to 15 tonnes each way at a full passenger load.

Currently, there are more than 35 Malaysian companies operating in the UAE, and this figure is set to increase significantly with a growing number of Malay companies looking into setting up businesses in Abu Dhabi and the UAE.

“Cargo always plays a key role in all of our Guest destinations and Kuala Lumpur will be no exception. Since announcing that, from January, Etihad will be flying to Malaysia, many established and potential Crystal Cargo customers have been making enquiries with us, illustrating just how important this sector is” said Rupert Batstone, Acting VP Cargo, Etihad Airways.

“In addition to a broad range of consumer goods, we also expect to be transporting building materials, electrical appliances and timber products.”

According to the latest statistics, Malaysia is not only the top exporter to UAE among the Asian countries, but also importing an increasing number of goods from the UAE, with the total trade between the two countries reaching US $606 million for the last two years.

“This new Etihad service will further enhance the trade links between the two capital cities. Kuala Lumpur and Abu Dhabi both enjoy advanced city infrastructures with vibrant, diversified economies which regularly attract business and tourism from all over the world,” added Batstone.

Kuala Lumpur will be Etihad’s fourth Far East destination, following the highly successful double-daily service to Bangkok, and non-stop operations to Jakarta and Manila.

The service will operate every day of the week except Saturday. Outbound EY 405 will depart Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH) at 02:40, arriving at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) at 14:15. The return flight EY 406 will depart Kuala Lumpur at 15:00, arriving in Abu Dhabi at 18:15.

Abu Dhabi: Etihad Airways, the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates, has confirmed that it will begin flights to Australia within the next few months from its base in Abu Dhabi.

This follows the conclusion of an extended aviation bilateral agreement between the governments of the United Arab Emirates and Australia.

Etihad Airways Chief Executive, James Hogan, said: “We appreciate the support of the Government of Abu Dhabi in securing the additional rights that will allow us to start flights to Australia in the next few months. I believe that our service will significantly drive and support the development of trade and tourism between the UAE and Australia. We are finalising the arrangements and hope to announce full details shortly.”

In EY chairman's message in its Jan07 inflight magazine, he clearly states that the 3-class A340-500, with teh revolving diamond zone seats yadda yadda ..will be used on the AUH-KUL route. Clearly not a typo, so perhaps intentions to switch from the 300 to the 500 series within a short time?

..... arriving at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL) at 14:15. The return flight EY 406 will depart Kuala Lumpur at 15:00, ......

is 45 minutes turnaround time enough to clean, refuel and restock the aircraft?

is 45 minutes turnaround time enough to clean, refuel and restock the aircraft?

Guess so, for the text was taken from the Etihad email I received...

Guess so, for the text was taken from the Etihad email I received...

I checked with the KLIA website. ETA is 1330. Just to make sure be there at 1300.

how to get MC ha? :p

Razlan, I am staying in Shah Alam but next Tuesday I will be working in the morning in Seri Kembangan. :angry:

Ah Kong, it is easy to get MC, try these suggestions :pardon:

1. Spotting today (Sat) & Sun full day in KUL under the rain without umbrella

2. Take a cold shower every hour after 12AM on Sunday

3. Go to a park and find a bee hive and poke it with your finger

4. See a doctor and complain you have severe migraine that is imparing your vision and wanted to vomit too

5. Don't hit me if you can't get MC after trying all the above, or else I need MC :rofl:

Edited by Chaity

While you guys are spotting the Etihad, have a look at MH 69 arriving 1440. But of course it will be a boring B734...... :pardon:

Have fun.

I'm coming in KUL at 1225 tomorrow on AK. Catch me if you can hehe.

good luck. hope u all successfully nail our upcoming victim. may the force of the dark side be with you. heheheheh :drinks: i be in sentul meeting. <_>

Jonathan took MC, Gavin skipped class, YK from Japang took holiday to come to KUL, also i heard, others took leave, half day or full day...and i am also on leave..Alpha Foftrot Maarof, Uncle Norman, Yong..and may more i hope...he he he...

Pray..Etihad to arrive on time.