MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Hakan

Istanbul Ataturk LTBA/IST

Ilgaz,

Good to see you back from Lebanon and contributing again with wonderful pictures of the varied traffic of IST !!! :good:

Keep them coming :pardon:

Ilgaz,

Excellent set of pictures again !!! :good:

Love the TK A340 a lot: WINGFLEX :pardon:

Thank you for nice words.

pieter

peter de jong is in istanbul we have taken together.When will you come again to istanbul.I will go to Iran on 9 november wıth my friend for

spotting and we will go by kish air TU-154.

We are waiting all malaysianwings forum members.

best regards from istanbul

Ilgaz

Once again, a great series from Capt.Ercan Karakas which are taken from Ataturk Airport Tower. Last panoramic picture taken by Mr.Bulent Kavakkoru who is another one the precious spotter in Istanbul.

here you are the link, enjoy;

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16243

p.s; Existing tower which is really older, will be move new tower building soon. You can see new tower in panoramic picture behind the main terminal.

Beautiful !

Thanks a lot for sharing these links :pardon:

Your welcome fellows :) if you write your comments on videos I will be so glad.Maybe you can see him around Toronto,LAX or Hongkong with a 777, don't forget to say "hello" to THY crew.

I'm waiting your videos to share with my friends in here Turkey :)

747 is TR 747SP ? :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH4vstvhNMs

When I was going to Istanbul Aviation Club years ago, I flew at least 10 hours in rear seat on another T34A MEntor. Was a great plane and experience :) I really appreciated to my friend who was member of club and invited me to flying with T34 and other planes.

wow, I'm jealous, Hakan; would love to fly the Mentor too 1 day... :pardon:

Here is my favoite Turkish airlines pilot's records while approaching to rwy 25 in heavy strong and gusty winds at LTBA, Ataturk Int. Airport,Istanbul.

"Lodos" is a local name of the strong southern winds. It is really nightmare for pilots in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBC4F0q9upI

Edited by Hakan

Great video, Hakan: reminds my of my recent landing at Ataturk :)

After seeing countless of beautiful Istanbul Ataturk pictures throughout the years, it has always been a 'bucket list' to spot at the famous Flyinn Mall. Once news of the New Airport opened on 29 Oct 18 and IST is closing its doors by year end came about, this last spotting opportunity must be taken before Istanbul Ataturk Airport becomes 'Was'tanbul Ataturk Airport.

Here are some of the pictures taken during last week trip.

kzOVKXB.jpg

The difficult 'in between' the pole and the tree shot.

ta4zJmL.jpg

C4hiNKo.jpg

Out of so many TK's current special livery, the Turkey-Discover The Potential livery is the best.

8nVPOl6.jpg

nrLdb3b.jpg

There are six Iranian carriers schedule to IST. Iran Air, Mahan Air, Iran Air Tours, ATA Airlines, Qeshm Airlines and Meraj Airlines.

7xxymIU.jpg

m8JhuAE.jpg

wyNcTXs.jpg

The Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, arrived Istanbul in his B748 to attend the Turkey-Qatar High Strategic Committee meeting.

6YbEdVa.jpg

Surprised to see her landing in IST. Picking up President Erdogan to the G20 summit in Argentina.

KQO0o8i.jpg

39TWNyH.jpg

More to come...

Wonderful pics, what's the story about Istanbul airport becoming Wastanbul Airport?

It's a pun coined up by a friend. Between 'Is' and 'Was'.

After the current airport is closed, there will be just "here 'was' Istanbul Ataturk Airport."

It's a pun coined up by a friend. Between 'Is' and 'Was'.

After the current airport is closed, there will be just "here 'was' Istanbul Ataturk Airport."

Aha, didn't know they are building a new airport :)