MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Hakan

Istanbul Ataturk LTBA/IST

:) probably never! :) maybe T7 in near future with B787 or A340-600

Wow, some really nice shots there, Ilgaz !!!

Weather seems cold and dull :(

but, aircraft are nice: the blue QR 330 reminds me of the touch-n-go, when I was there :pardon:

IST will always remain an interesting airport with a great variety of airlines ;)

Wow, It's really nice to see all the variety of Aircraft tails there.. Nice pictures... except for the weather... Somehow to my observation, Turkish, AtlasJet and Freebird tail logo seems almost identical... does that design actually resembles something??? Just asking out of curiousity :D

Keep spotting,.. keep us posted ... nice to see pictures outside Malaysia

Hi Ilgaz, thanks for sharing those photos.

The one showing all the colorful tails is my favourite. :clapping: :clapping:

Post more in the future.

Ignatius, you are right, those 3 airlines tail logo looks like the same "theme".

Turkish airlines tail logo means a bird. Freebird was using another tail logo till few years ago which was sign of founder company "Gozen Group".It was looking a "G" word. Few years ago Freebird made rebrand works and changed logotype and sign on the tail, and now tail logo means "flying F like as a bird", but actually looks like much more a "Bird".

AtlasJet tail logo means stylized "A" word of Atlasjet with a circle means world. In the same time Atlas means somehow "world" in Turkish but as you remembers Atlas also means "world-earth" in Greek Mytology.

Ignatius, you are right, those 3 airlines tail logo looks like the same "theme".

Turkish airlines tail logo means a bird. Freebird was using another tail logo till few years ago which was sign of founder company "Gozen Group".It was looking a "G" word. Few years ago Freebird made rebrand works and changed logotype and sign on the tail, and now tail logo means "flying F like as a bird", but actually looks like much more a "Bird".

AtlasJet tail logo means stylized "A" word of Atlasjet with a circle means world. In the same time Atlas means somehow "world" in Turkish but as you remembers Atlas also means "world-earth" in Greek Mytology.

Hakan, really appreciate your explanation over the three airlines tail logo history... It's been really nice looking at airlines from middle earth.. :D :drinks:

Hope to seeing more from Turkish Spotters

nice...

it's been a long while since I last landed in LTBA...& it was snowing then...

looks like u guys had a fun really cold day...hehehe...

DB ;)

Waah .. so many aircraft there ..

Wish Kuching Airport can be like that (maybe just in dream)

Ilgaz,

Thanks again for the nice photos !!!

QR probably had a low-load, sending the A320 i.s.o. A332 ?

Looking forward to more shots, esp. those interesting MD80's (Eritrea and Iran)... :pardon:

Wow... lovely.... great work guys... :good:

Great shots there... thanks for sharing

(BTWS... I've merged the 2 similar topics into 1, and removed not relevant postings...

Thanks Iggy for highlighting....)

Great shots there... thanks for sharing

(BTWS... I've merged the 2 similar topics into 1, and removed not relevant postings...

Thanks Iggy for highlighting....)

No worries there hehehe.... :D

Here are some pictures from our forum owner Murat "biber" Koncavar. (biber means spicy in Turkish). He has got a new camera and taking excellent pictures for us.

I'd like to share with you his pictures for sharing the same spirit about spottings.

enjoy;

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10659

p.s: before your asking, yes , TC-OAC A320's RAT is open, we don't know why but we are searching still. TC-OAC written off Onur Air Fleet, probably it was her one of latest flights or flew on behalf another company. Becouse she can be turn to leasing company in theese days.

and, more picture from "Spicy"

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10590