MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Hakan

Istanbul Ataturk LTBA/IST

WOW, Hakan, thanks a lot for sharing this link: these pictures are really AWESOME - almost like 'touching' the planes :o

Same style of photography as our 'dear' Han :)

My favorite shot: "Sperwer" :p

(Like I said to you before; ought to visit IST soon: great variety of airlines/aircrafttypes :good: )...

A380 in Istanbul

A380 arrived Istanbul at 13:30local time as schedule and landed to rwy 36R.As you see, she vacated runway on the first right highspeed taxiway but with a little notice about that, aircraft has made an empty flight just only with 45person came from Beijing.

I didn't go to there for watching becouse so many news paper gave wrong landing time. When I checked airport arrival table I saw 1330 on time schedule but even I saw that I didn't have chance to go to due our business already. It was my second catch for special arrive , other one was only one Concorde flight to Istanbul in 1990s.

I'll be add link photos when drops to www.sanalpilot.com becouse so many spotters went to taking pictures.

Thanks so much for the links, Hakan !!! :drinks:

Nice pictures of the A380 (+ KLM's only wingletted 738 :pardon: )

Last link shows some very interesting traffic @ IST: hope to witness the same airlines/aircraft when visiting your country for the 1st time ever :yahoo:

Pieter be sure Ataturk airport have the same busy except noon times.

and following pictures from Airport;

an interesting angle of A380 :) from Ankara LTAA CTR radar scope :)) Pictures taken by Air Traffic Controller Mr. Mehmet Yarbasan who is duty in LTAA FIR control. He says kidding "it looks the same like as other traffics :) not huge" :)

Airbus A380 is enterin IDORU intersection from UKOO Rostov FIR to nort of Turkey border as AIB703

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10029

Another pictures taken by Mr. Bugra Oguzulgen. He is one of new and brillant spotter also clever becouse what ever did do, took a position in the craine that you see in the pictures :) so he had one of best angle view while A380 approaching. Except he is so sad about picture record type JPG instead RAW format. Last pictures is from celebration of National day and you will see "pearl of bosphorus", Bosphorus Bridge before fireworks attraction.29th of October was our National day.

http://www.sanalpilot.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10030

Last one, video records links given by "Bozo";

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CHPesrYfI8I

in this CNNturk live record and on the right person Mr. Ugur Cebeci who is Turkey famoust Aviation journalist also aviation TV program "Cockpit" productor. Cockpit TV program publishing 10 years in Turkish TV "Kanal D" every two weeks and as far as I know is this only one "only aviation TV program" in the world which is braodcasting in TVs.He is giving information about Airbus A380's past and futures.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AG1Ek3k_bL4

and in this link news time in KanalD and given short news about A380.

Salam Ilgaz,

Thanks for confirming that Pieter has reported for 'duty' at Istanbul.

And he looks well taken care of. We love our Pieter!

Cheers!

p/s: Is the spotting place on top of a building? Apartments? Nice clear view up there!

Thanks for the pictures, Ilgaz, and the spotting at Ataturk Airport (+ the sightseeing of the city and the tasting of the various Turkish delicatessen :good: )

Ian,

Apart from that spot, spotting and photography is 'hopeless' @ IST Airport; moreover security is, indeed, tight ! :o

Pictures will be uploaded as soon as possible (sorry for the delay, but have been busy at work lately): saw some really nice and interesting aircraft; weather, unfortunately, was quite bad and rainy on friday and sunday - saturday, our spotting day, was sunny first but overcast (turning off the light :pardon: ) later that day...

Keep watching this thread for the soon to be 'shared' pictures :pardon:

alright....we here in Malaysia will just wait for Pieter and Turkish spotters to share us some "turkish delight"

Turkish Delight?? Now I am hungry kekekeke... hungry for pix off course... what's the main dish like??? :p

Welcome to LTBA, ladies and gentlemen, home-base of this airline:

IST17nov07004.jpg

Ian, security at the airport is like this :blink: Do I have to say more ? :o

IST17nov07088.jpg

Iggy, Turkish delight(s): how about these shots ? :pardon:

IST17nov07026.jpg

What I like about the IST-(Yesilkoy) Ataturk airport, is the fabulous backdrop of ships, houses and/or city, as seen here by the landing Jetstar on runway 36L (look at the nose-up attitude :yahoo: ) :good:

IST17nov07093.jpg

TK, sorry :sorry: for the delay, but this is what to expect at IST, amongst them your employer's Airbus, seen here landing on runway 06 after a looooong flight from KUL:

IST17nov07078.jpg

more to come... :pardon:

The Turkish Delights are now served.... next helping please, Pieter!

Ewan,

At your service !!!! :blink:

More Turkish Delight servings :pardon:

Here two Mad-Dogs of different Turkish operators; which colours do you like most ? :huh: :

IST17nov07056.jpg

IST17nov07010.jpg

THY wide-body Airbuses: one with 2- and one with 4 engines:

IST17nov07073.jpg

Other TK Airbuses (from small to big):

A319

IST17nov07079.jpg

A320

IST17nov07043.jpg

A321

IST17nov07168.jpg

A310

IST17nov07139.jpg

no A330 shot :sorry:

than A340

IST17nov07044.jpg

TK also operates loads of Boeings :pardon: :

IST17nov07036.jpg

734 with Tulip

IST17nov07057.jpg

73H

IST17nov07031.jpg

more to follow :pardon:

Excellence Pieter. More please.

BTW, that MH A330-200 landing shots of yours, the A330-200 look so small...

Any pictures of terminal interior. The airport terminal looks new to me.

for more information;

Atlasjet MD TC-AKM is operating by WorldFocus Airlines.

Onur Air MD TC-TUA is operating by TarhanTowers Airlines.

Pieter, pictures are great, I wish I would like to joined with you early times at that day.