MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Hakan

Istanbul Ataturk LTBA/IST

these pictures dropped into "sanalpilot" (virtualpilot) forum site yesterday and I wanted to share with you. All pictures taken by Mr. Levent Ishakoglu. I'll forward your comments to him.

here you are;

LTBA/Ataturk International-Istanbul

( departures from rwy 18L/18R)

Edited by Hakan

Hi all,

Redbull AIRRACE 2007 Istanbul track have done in Istanbul last saturday (2nd of June). It was very hot day for Istanbul and I watched on TV at home whole of the race during 3 hrs with cold soft drink :) Race was really exciting except rookies, especially in quarter final race Peter Besenyei lost the race just only 0.04seconds! all of pilots are really perfect like as recent races.

here you are some of pictures from the sunny race days;

closer pictures series #1

closer pictures series #2

closer pictures series #3

enjoy! :)

Edited by Hakan

Awesome shots, Hakan, thanks for sharing !!! :good:

Weatherwise, I should have gone to IST i.s.o. ZRH that day :pardon:

which picture? if you give me picture link I can check it. Actually as I remember totally 3 or 4 times ripped (each one seperate aircraft) baloons when hitted by aircrafts. baloons are very sensitive "touching" and support teams changed ripped baloons in only 3 minutes each time!

which picture? if you give me picture link I can check it. Actually as I remember totally 3 or 4 times ripped (each one seperate aircraft) baloons when hitted by aircrafts. baloons are very sensitive "touching" and support teams changed ripped baloons in only 3 minutes each time!

lol, i meant the baloons as the marker .. :( (silly me) .. Do they got penalty or something for doing so ..?

I watched the world acrobatic championship on Discovery real time yesterday .. fantastic stuff man .. its all about accuracy ..

:) thats true, when hitting the baloons you will get penalty points. actually rules as below;

there are two different colored marked baloons. red strip and blue strip. planes must be cross around or between "red strip" markered baloons as "kinfe edge" positions. and they must be cross "blue strip" markered baloons as "wings leveled".

there were 3 slalom ballons and the rest of them pairs or two pairs with red or blue marker.

planes must be correct level between or around baloons, not too high or not too low. Correct level means , pilots (in knife edge position) or wings (in wings leveled position) must be the same level with colored strips. if pilot can not to able correct position and passed high he get 3 seconds penalty.

if pilot ripped baloons, he must be continue race track and finish race and then he takes 10 second penalty for each ripped baloons.

:) thats true, when hitting the baloons you will get penalty points. actually rules as below;

there are two different colored marked baloons. red strip and blue strip. planes must be cross around or between "red strip" markered baloons as "kinfe edge" positions. and they must be cross "blue strip" markered baloons as "wings leveled".

there were 3 slalom ballons and the rest of them pairs or two pairs with red or blue marker.

planes must be correct level between or around baloons, not too high or not too low. Correct level means , pilots (in knife edge position) or wings (in wings leveled position) must be the same level with colored strips. if pilot can not to able correct position and passed high he get 3 seconds penalty.

if pilot ripped baloons, he must be continue race track and finish race and then he takes 10 second penalty for each ripped baloons.

Thanks heaps Hakan .. :drinks:

Approach pictures to rwy 06 by Levent Ishakoglu again. All pictures taken from small garden in front of rwy 36 and rwy 06. When you drink Turkish Tea in that place you can see the airplanes which are approaching to rwy 06 or 36R/L.

I hope to join see them. My Favorite THY A310 "Aras" and first picture; look at left below corner for Canadair CL215 turning to final behind AeroSvit.

Hakan,

Thanks a lot for the link :good:

Nice catch of the Aeroflot-Don :pardon:

Sercan Yilmaz is one of newest "serious" spotter in Turkey and he is my friend. I'm sure you will be hear his name much more in spotting websites in near future. Generally he is making discussion wiht our best spotter Irfan Caliskan, also Irfan has been joined Malaysian Wings at last week. If you are sharing your experience or want to talk spotting stuff around the world you can contact him (or inform me, I'd like to forward our messages to him)

anyway, here you are a series of close up (really close up) pictures from LTBA/Ataturk Airport by Sercan Yilmaz

(note: all comments are welcome and be sure I'll be forward him)

Edited by Hakan

Those closeups are reallly killer shot at killer angles... REally love it.... thanks for sharing it here at Mwings... Turkey rocks :drinks:

your welcome guys, I'll be forward your messages, meanwhile don't forget to check out for Malaysian A330-200 after series pictures on below the page.