MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

AirAsia Cadet Pilot

Victor,

Thk for ur inspiration.I really hope to be a pilot,maybe after i finish my degree i will apply for the post.Bout the interview, if we failed the 2nd interview and the medical check up,izzit we will not be accept for the 2nd apply?I read it from other forum.It make me feel nervous to apply it cause only 1 chance is given.

Victor,

Thk for ur inspiration.I really hope to be a pilot,maybe after i finish my degree i will apply for the post.Bout the interview, if we failed the 2nd interview and the medical check up,izzit we will not be accept for the 2nd apply?I read it from other forum.It make me feel nervous to apply it cause only 1 chance is given.

it is true for SIA..but what the heck..i fail few times on those interview but still apply and get called for interview again..hhahaa... :pardon: ...i too will not give up....this year of boar will bring us luck...sure hope for SIA again...

Any way..sunday i din go for AK interview...wasted ya...i calculate d...it is a lost cause...no place stay and no food to eat and no transport somemore have to pay back if even fail one time...RM180k...siao one...AK want to kill my dream and I wont let them do it..hahaha....

wasted chance i'll say. i don't mind forking out the calculated amount of about RM8k for food + lodging.

it happens anywhere, even if you go to MAS/SIA, there are deductions made from your pay to pay back the amount spent on educating us.

i confidently believe it's a matter of how determined one is to go through ALL obstacles before giving up and washing hands.. :pardon:

Guys, sometimes I think we need to look at things in a bigger picture. Not just give up on a chance just because money is involved. I know it may sound ridiculous or stupid to some of you. If you ask me would I trade 180K for a return of many more millions over a 20-30 years average in terms of return, I will go for it. No doubt about it.

So what if it is AK that we are talking here?. If AK did offer me a chance back then in 2002, I would have taken it. As I have said before, I would take the first offer that comes first. No second thoughts. That is what being passionate about aviation is all about. The chance to fly, and what more commercial airliners, even though AK is nothing to fancy about. But if you think a bigger picture and out of the box, flying AK is not too bad. You clock a lot of sectors and get command faster. Once you get your command, you are set to join any big airline that you want......simple as that. It's no all about money...

Come on guys, it is rather dissapointing to see some of the spirit here.....just like many F/O's that I see these days across the causeway. I really feel sorry for these bunch....

Edited by LeeCH

Ya,i do agree with you leech.so how many times did you apply for AK,SIA and MAS before they accept you? Or you pass in one go?? i know a FO who fail 3 times with his 1st interview in SIA and got in at the fourth attempt in a period of 5 years. Some people just never give up to achieve thier dreams

hi guys...juz wanna share wif u all...i juz received an email from Capt Subra to go for the 1st stage of the selection process...but, i wonder how the test would be like? i mean, subjective or objective...then, they said that it covers the SPM syllabus..does that means all the form 4 n 5 topic would come out? any ideas guys??? ermm...the test for the 2nd batch is planned on this coming 24th n 25th Feb...Cheers!!!

hi guys...juz wanna share wif u all...i juz received an email from Capt Subra to go for the 1st stage of the selection process...but, i wonder how the test would be like? i mean, subjective or objective...then, they said that it covers the SPM syllabus..does that means all the form 4 n 5 topic would come out? any ideas guys??? ermm...the test for the 2nd batch is planned on this coming 24th n 25th Feb...Cheers!!!

Below is the e-mail from capt subramaniam...

Anyway for those who are ignorant of all these the following are some

guidelines:

1. The IQ test will be in a true or false answer form.

2. The Maths test is as per the new SPM Maths syllabus in English and

the

questions will be in the objective style.

3. The Physics test will also be as per new SPM syllabus in English and

objective type of questions.

4. The English test as per the instructions given.

If it has been a long time since you sat for the SPM it would be wise

for

you to get some sample papers at any bookshops and revise.

You will be allowed to use a non programmable scientific calculator for

the maths and physics test but no calculators for the IQ test.

(Taken from AskCaptainLim.com)

Hope that helps..

Edited by Brennan Raj

I have to agree with LeeCH. I applied for MAS, AXM and SIA. SIA called me for interview first and I was very very very lucky to be selected on my first application.. but I've learnt that they want dedication and passion and so do AK and MH. All the guys in my batch are full of passion! This should never be considered as just a job. Let your passion drive you and it will help you succeed. It won't get you all they way as I think blood, sweat and hard work will always pay off, but the passion will hopefully keep us sane :) I'm at the beginning of training and it does seem like a huge mountain to climb. But I know the benefits of completing the programme and that keeps me excited! So keep trying! Don't give up! LIVE TO FLY!

Hi,

I'm new to this forum....how's everyone.

I'll like to have some advises regarding my recent application to be a cadet pilot in Air Asia.

I love flying since young and wanted to be a pilot since then. I've sent in my application to AirAsia but rejected. They sent an email to me regarding the reason my application is not successful, how every non of the reason given is valid.

Any advise?

I've pass class on medical examination before, flown in PC7 simulation (touch and go , full stop), flown in MD3 and are well verse in Avionics/autopilot (glass cockpit, I'm aerospace eng. major AFCS).

currently 28years, so this year is really my last chance to be an airline pilot.

Thank you!!

And nice to meet you all!!!

Best regards,

JulianTKP

Julian,

Welcome to MW: hope you'll enjoy it here and that other members can update you with your requests as soon as possible.

Have deleted your request from the Line Maintenance and General Information topics, resp. and have merged it here: you might see some answers to your previous put requests already, by scrolling from the beginning to the end ;)

Once again, enjoy your stay here :pardon:

Julian,

Welcome to MW: hope you'll enjoy it here and that other members can update you with your requests as soon as possible.

Have deleted your request from the Line Maintenance and General Information topics, resp. and have merged it here: you might see some answers to your previous put requests already, by scrolling from the beginning to the end ;)

Once again, enjoy your stay here :pardon:

hehehe you beat me to it Pieter! :)

Hi and Welcome to MalaysianWings.com, Julian!

In regards to your question, we have lots of valuable information in this sight. Do use our "search" feature and locate all the various threads regarding cadet pilot applications for some overview.

In your case, I will say however that don't forget to put your eggs in more than one basket. From what you've said, you sound like a potential candidate for an airline. Have you tried MAS/SIA? 28 years old is not too old. I know of guys that are 32 being selected into SIA for ab-initio training. So give it a go. Best of luck to you!

With regards to this topic being "in the wrong place".. it's a little bit of a grey area, and I apologise for any confusion as the 'line maintenance' description does indicate this is the place for "pilot related topics". Of course, traditionally, this is mean't for actual flying questions/discussions, but it is a little misleading to our new users un-familiar with the forum. Traditionally, this has been discussed in General Aviation. Sorry for the confusion, Julian - But thank you for your question and hope MalaysianWings becomes a "must" for your everyday internet surfing needs!

Cheers!

Guys, sometimes I think we need to look at things in a bigger picture. Not just give up on a chance just because money is involved. I know it may sound ridiculous or stupid to some of you. If you ask me would I trade 180K for a return of many more millions over a 20-30 years average in terms of return, I will go for it. No doubt about it.

So what if it is AK that we are talking here?. If AK did offer me a chance back then in 2002, I would have taken it. As I have said before, I would take the first offer that comes first. No second thoughts. That is what being passionate about aviation is all about. The chance to fly, and what more commercial airliners, even though AK is nothing to fancy about. But if you think a bigger picture and out of the box, flying AK is not too bad. You clock a lot of sectors and get command faster. Once you get your command, you are set to join any big airline that you want......simple as that. It's no all about money...

Come on guys, it is rather dissapointing to see some of the spirit here.....just like many F/O's that I see these days across the causeway. I really feel sorry for these bunch....

LeeCH..Some part I have to agree with u but some I dont..it is true that passion is more important than money..but sometimes the company just taking advantage of what we dream of..it makes something nice become ugly..i just think it is not right for them to take advantage of that..sometimes we need to read the contract carefully before we take rite..rational plays a big part too..

Edited by zealich

the long wait has been answered..

failed to make the cut =(

anyways gl to all those who made it to the first round!

hmm... :huh:

i didnt get anything..still waiting..

the long wait has been answered..

failed to make the cut =(

anyways gl to all those who made it to the first round!

hi Sri,

errmm..does that mean u've been rejected to sit for the 1st stage test or u've been eliminated after sitting for the 1st stage test?

i'm asking on behalf of my fren..he's still waiting for the email though... :db:

haven't even got called for the first stage, i think i know why

B3 for maths and A2 for add maths..heh..my bad...

tadaaaa for my 100th post!!

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

haven't even got called for the first stage, i think i know why

B3 for maths and A2 for add maths..heh..my bad...

tadaaaa for my 100th post!!

Sri...sorry to hear that...keep trying k! myb this round isnt ur turn yet..myb next time will be urs... :rolleyes:

well, fyi, my fren got 1A for mod. maths, add. maths, n also physics..in other words, he got all 1A for his elective subjects..

except for his Eng, he got 4B...but till now, he hasnt get any news yet...even a rejection email...n sumtimes he got morale down bcoz of this...pity him...=( neway, never give up trying k!!! cheers...=)

i'll be fine as this isn't my utmost priority at the moment. i still have the faith that something will come along someday, just have to be patient =)

don't need to worry, if he's qualified he'll get called, but to my understanding, i guess 4 batches of almost 100 of them per batch have completed their first test. perhaps no more tests after this? not sure, but keep trying

i'll be fine as this isn't my utmost priority at the moment. i still have the faith that something will come along someday, just have to be patient =)

don't need to worry, if he's qualified he'll get called, but to my understanding, i guess 4 batches of almost 100 of them per batch have completed their first test. perhaps no more tests after this? not sure, but keep trying

but there'll be a test for the staff as well this month..dont know when..myb that'll be the last test i guess...the test for staff + remaining candidates...just my 2 cents..=)

I heard from a reliable source that if there was no rejection letter addressed to you.You still have a chance..

For now we just have to wait..

Dear friends ,on the 24th of march i am called for an aptitude test by airasia for thier cadet pilot program, well i just want to find out how would be the test like? i hope anyone of you can give me some ideas. thank you.

I had called AirAsia yesterday afternoon and ask about the next intake.

Unfortunately.... they said that no intake for this year anymore because the intake was about few months ago.

That's what they said...... hope that there are second intake for this year !

"In the event the cadet pilot is unsuccessful at any stage of the training the cadet is obliged to repay AirAsia all the training cost that had been expended up to the stage of termination plus any administrative costs"

This clause is a real killer. Can make someone into a bankrupt in one night. Flight training is not easy. You kind of having 50-50% of success. Got to really work hard to pass through.

Better join SQ cadet progran. If u fail at any stage, no need to pay a single cent to SQ. SQ pay for all trainings, allowance & accomadation. Bond is 7 years.

what's d significant of SQ cadet program......?tell me further bout it.....