MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Isaac

SQ To Get Rid All Remaining 744

SQ is set to retire all of their remaining 27 (744) in the next 2 years.

Source : Mr Wong from MI

I'm not sure how true this news is but Mr Wong told me SQ is definately going to buy the 77W around May last year & he was right. So, i think this so-called rumour is pretty reliable.

if this true,i wondering what will happen to those 27 B744>

6396[/snapback]

They will sell it to .... LOL, i'm not so sure either. According to Mr. Wong, the remaining 744 will all be replaced by a mix of 77W & 380. And by the way, a NEW SPACEBED is coming soon.

One of the reason i guess why SQ is so furious about the delay of the 380 is because they are supposed to unveil their NEW SPACEBED & NEW FIRST CLASS SEATS on the A380-800, NOT on the 77W & now, the entire plan is ruined.

maybe MH will buy the 74's tongue.gif

6459[/snapback]

We can forget bout tht..MH has pride too..they are not gonna buy some 2nd hand 744 from SQ of all the people...lol....well...MasCargo is receiving their 2 brand new 747-400 beginning of next yr...i would personally find it ....a bad idea to retire the 744 of SQ so early...

77W ? what that ahh ... hee hee ..

sorry ah kinda blurr

6459[/snapback]

77W= 777-300ER

bloody hell....never realised SQ has only 27 B747-400...

thought they had about 50 or so a few years back...

(i realise that they have another 14 with their cargo division...)

have they been quietly replacing them with the T7s?

I remember previously that a number of ex-SQ B744 went to other carriers like CX? CX seems to be obsessed at one stage getting a large amount of second hand B744.

I also remember seeing a photo in A.net indicating an ex-SQ B744 going back to Boeing to be converted into a freighter?

Sad to see SQ B744 go no doubt. Hope MAS will keep theirs for a while. I mean, nothing beats the look of the queen of skies.

CX Ex-SQ

Leased to Boeing

And by the way, a NEW SPACEBED is coming soon.

One of the reason i guess why SQ is so furious about the delay of the 380 is because they are supposed to unveil their NEW SPACEBED & NEW FIRST CLASS SEATS on the A380-800, NOT on the 77W & now, the entire plan is ruined.

6399[/snapback]

Any info about those new seats? Are they proprietary design or just like MAS and TG - generic built?

Any info about those new seats? Are they proprietary design or just like MAS and TG - generic built?

6478[/snapback]

Knowing SQ with their deep pockets and sense of kiasu-ism, id probably say the former for at least the first class seat

6459[/snapback]

Oh, forget it, Gavin tongue.gif

bloody hell....never realised SQ has only 27 B747-400...

thought they had about 50 or so a few years back...

Yes, only 27 still in service, 2 are stored somewhere ....

Yes, they did had about 52 744, most were sold or retired after the SARS outbreak sad.gif .

have they been quietly replacing them with the T7s?

Yes, 772 as well as 773.

i would personally find it ....a bad idea to retire the 744 of SQ so early...

SQ doesn't think so though. SQ thinks the 77W is the PERFECT replacement for some of its current 744 destinations such as ZRH, CDG, ICN, SFO etc. The 77W will help SQ to increase yield. Many people also said that SQ will definately use the 388 for the SIN-HKG-SFO, well, i afraid HKG and SFO spotters are gonna be dissapointed as the current SIN-HKG-SFO-HKG-SIN flights are MORE LIKELY to replace by 77W as the flights are rarely full in Y. It's a good news for ICN spotters though, as SQ is LIKELY to upgrade the ICN/SFO flights to 77W from the 772.

Well, we all know SQ very well, they always like to be the on the top, world's first etc. The new Spacebed is likely to be a real lie-flat one, i don't think SQ would buy the VS Upper Class Suite format however, it's likely to be something even more luxurious i guess.

Sign in to follow this