MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
E Faizal

Kelate Aeypot

haha...a friend emailed me this photo last week...funny..heehehe..

my friend told me that MAB staff edit it just for fun...

p/s: the photo is from KCH btw...

Thanks for the picture E Faizal :good: :drinks:

Very funny :lol: :lol: :p

Edited by Andrew Ong

Ha ha ha funny. Only if we can actually do it at KBR.

Anyway, if you really want to make it true-blue Kelantanese, for 'Musalla' (Muslim Prayer Room), instead of 'Musolla', print it as Balai Soff - pronunciation - BalaSoh with stresses on the first and third syllables.

I think it was derived from 'balai' which means 'hall' and 'saf' which means 'prayer line-up'.

Ai derink mo budu deng yu du!

:lol:

Ai derink mo budu deng yu du!

:lol:

Drink budu? I thought that thing is gravy of sorts, to be eaten.

Sorry eh, ambo tok make bahe makane tempate (betul ke ni?) hee hee - dughiye, belace, tempoyok seme ambo tok setuh. :D

Edited by H Azmal

Lok laq betui hangpa nih!!! ooops... speaking uthagha la pulak... takpa noo

Really funny, if you understand Kelantanese dialect, which is one of the most unique dialects in the diverse Malay language. And one thing for sure, a Kelantanese will always be a Kelantanese. Even if he/she has jet set around the world, living in the most un-Asian places for decades, they will never loose their special dialects, thanks in part to 'budu' (a special sauce the Kelantanese can't live without).

Kelantan may be the least developed state in Malaysia, and the poorest, but their people are also the most enterprising, especially the women. Many of the top corporate leaders in KL and senior civil servant in Putrajaya are also from Kelantan. They have a very strong bond with each other that M'sian from other states find it hard to comprehend. Heck, even the Kelantanese Chinese are different from other Malaysian Chinese. And believe me, the Kelantanese are the most politically opiniated and aware people of all Malaysian. That is why the Kelantan government rotates between Barisan Nasional and PAS every decades or so. Never underestimate the political knowledge of the ordinary folks inKelantan. The most powerful for a politicians to gain influence in Kelantan is through 'coffee shop politics' (politik kedai kopi). Populist politics is the keyword there.

ps. I think this section better move to 'Golden Lounge'

p/s: the photo is from KCH btw...

really ehh? looks like the check-in counter at Kelate Aeypot though i might be wrong... only been there twice

my kelantanese bro-in-law would love to see this... hambo tak rgheti kecek kelate

Edited by razlan

really ehh? looks like the check-in counter at Kelate Aeypot though i might be wrong... only been there twice

Meme kat Klate Aeypot kito takdo monitor kat atas kaunter tu...(At Kelantan Airport we don't have those monitors hanging above the counters) So it must be at Kuching as claimed.

Maybe to make it more authentic I should photoshop some of the pics at KBR... :lol: :lol:

Lok laq betui hangpa nih!!! ooops... speaking uthagha la pulak... takpa noo

Really funny, if you understand Kelantanese dialect, which is one of the most unique dialects in the diverse Malay language. And one thing for sure, a Kelantanese will always be a Kelantanese. Even if he/she has jet set around the world, living in the most un-Asian places for decades, they will never loose their special dialects, thanks in part to 'budu' (a special sauce the Kelantanese can't live without).

Kelantan may be the least developed state in Malaysia, and the poorest, but their people are also the most enterprising, especially the women. Many of the top corporate leaders in KL and senior civil servant in Putrajaya are also from Kelantan. They have a very strong bond with each other that M'sian from other states find it hard to comprehend. Heck, even the Kelantanese Chinese are different from other Malaysian Chinese. And believe me, the Kelantanese are the most politically opiniated and aware people of all Malaysian. That is why the Kelantan government rotates between Barisan Nasional and PAS every decades or so. Never underestimate the political knowledge of the ordinary folks inKelantan. The most powerful for a politicians to gain influence in Kelantan is through 'coffee shop politics' (politik kedai kopi). Populist politics is the keyword there.

ps. I think this section better move to 'Golden Lounge'

Most of the Malay teaching staffs in our Math Department also come from Kelantan. :rolleyes:

my kelantanese bro-in-law would love to see this... hambo tak rgheti kecek kelate

yerp..i can guarantee u that is from KCH....can see it from the lighting...ceiling n the check in counters..

Most of the Malay teaching staffs in our Math Department also come from Kelantan. :rolleyes:

Highest number of Malay students in local government-owned universities are from Kelantan!... UKM which is Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia itself can be renamed as Universiti KELANTAN Malaysia in Selangor!

The most active and biggest student body in Universiti Malaya is...well you guess it right....Persatuan Mahasiswa Kelantan (Kelantan Student Society)

Former Vice Chancellor of UM, Dato' Hashim Yaacob is also from Kelantan

I have my Kelantan memories. I spent my secondary education in a residential school, so I had Kelantanese friends and learned a bit of Kelantanese myself. My friends also had the tendency of turning English words and names to Kelantanese. For example "what" is "wok" and agent 007 is pronounced as "Jays Bore". I am sure after 21 movies he is not one.

So I felt confident when I was posted to Kelantan. One day I went to the market to buy fish. I asked the lady "ni gapo?" She replied "tigo sa mah". I know "tigo" is three as I am from Negeri Sembilan. But what is "sa mah"? So I procuded one ringgit and asked for three fish. She returned .50 cents. I later learned that "sa mah" means "one gold" and the value is .50 cents. I don't know whether the value stands now.

Ever heard the story of a fellow who wanted to buy 'mempelam' (mangoes) in Kelantan? hee hee

Ever heard the story of a fellow who wanted to buy 'mempelam' (mangoes) in Kelantan? hee hee

nope. appreciate if you could tell the story here.

Heh heh. A fellow wanted to appear as a local when buying mempelam in Kelantan. SO he asked for the fruit in his best Kelantanese, but bungled it. Can you try saying buah mempelam in Kelantanese slang? If you can, and you know how it's actually called, you'll get the joke. Hee hee.

tigo= 3

sa mah= RM0.50

tigo sa mah = RM1.50...hehe

p/s:H.Azmal..i know how to pronounce 'mempelam' in kelantan dialeg.. :p

tigo= 3

sa mah= RM0.50

tigo sa mah = RM1.50...hehe

p/s:H.Azmal..i know how to pronounce 'mempelam' in kelantan dialeg.. :p

Hafiez, although I've left Kelantan for more than 30 years I think I have to correct you there.

Tigo sa mah = 3 pieces for RM0.50

So RM1.50 = tigo mah

Although RM1.00 should be 'duo mah' they prefer to call it 'seghia'.

So RM2.00 = duo ghia

That conludes the class for today. For further classes do ask the real Kelantanese.

Heh heh. A fellow wanted to appear as a local when buying mempelam in Kelantan. SO he asked for the fruit in his best Kelantanese, but bungled it. Can you try saying buah mempelam in Kelantanese slang? If you can, and you know how it's actually called, you'll get the joke. Hee hee.

Yup, wrong intonation/stress/accent on the wrong syllable can bring blushes! :rofl:

haha Maarof..

50sen+50sen+50sen =tigo sa mah >>>>> RM1.50 !!

Yup,here in Klate people dont use 'Ringgit',we always use 'RIYAL'...Saudi arabia currency... :lol:

Sign in to follow this