MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Subang Airport Spotting Location

Thank you for this guide, TK. I have print it and will be usefull for my 1st spotting session tomorrow from 7am to 12 noon. Anybody see a spotter with D50 and 80-200mm lens, that'll be me ;)

Used your guide this weekend to go spotting at Subang. Thanks for the very clear guide, too bad it started raining after a while and didnt stop. But will be back there soon for a second attempt. Just missed the F28 and C130 taking off but got a shot of the Berjaya Dash. Nice quiet spot too at that road!

Thanks!

Hans.

hi there

thanks for that tips! it helps me so much, i love spotting but i only do it around KLIA and LCCT... hehehe.. arent there many flights in Subang Airport? i just wondering, that's why i dont go to there anymore.

.. arent there many flights in Subang Airport?

well, for 2 hours spotting in Subang, you'll probably get 1 Fireflyz F50 and if you're lucky 1 or 2 bizjets. :blink:

Hey guys,Hav been missing quite awhile,no net connection in KL,btw FY 1st ATR72 is here in SZB ade wit the reg of 9m-fya,tis few days been doing flight test ,mite catch her flying around if u ppl go spoting=)cheers

ya it depends on ur luck if u lucky enuf to catch all those planes bt for sure they goverment planes flies around&the most annoying c130 alwiz fly around w/o missing a day

i always hear some military planes flying over subang in the morning. so maybe you can check it out in the morning.

Edited by SherM

just went at SZB airport yesterday! Quiet and unexpected!

SZB...expect the unexpected or expect nothing B)

hi everyone. i am new here. seems that these few days got many mighty jets flying around subang area. can they be from SZB? early morning in school can see MAS 747, 737 and 777. Monday morning saw a Cathay Pacific 777. :rolleyes:

cheers.

ahh. and another thing. based on my observation, almost every wednesday at 8.30 am will have a transmile or DHL 727 and almost every thursday at 8.45am, will have a transmile or DHL 727. just observation only ahh, not real timing... :)

hi everyone. i am new here. seems that these few days got many mighty jets flying around subang area. can they be from SZB? early morning in school can see MAS 747, 737 and 777. Monday morning saw a Cathay Pacific 777. :rolleyes:

cheers.

ahh. and another thing. based on my observation, almost every wednesday at 8.30 am will have a transmile or DHL 727 and almost every thursday at 8.45am, will have a transmile or DHL 727. just observation only ahh, not real timing... :)

Welcome to MWings. :drinks:

Since this Monday, runway 14L in KUL is in use most of the day. Quite a few aircraft will pass by Subang area. ;)

Possible also for MAS aircraft departing from SZB to KUL after maintenance. I would say mostly because Rwy 14 in use . :pardon:

You can go to SZB area to see those aircraft at a closer range since you are staying in Subang Jaya. :pardon:

^^ senior-senior tolong beri tunjuk ajar. :lol:

haha! yea. i plan to go with my friend when school holidays. wait till i can drive. BWAHAHA!!! tat time go KLIA oso can... hehe... :D

Is it possible to walk from Subang airport to the spotting location? Will it take long?

Depends on your propensity to walk!!

Nearer Runway 15, it's about 3.5KM from Skypark; on the opposite side, near the seafood restaurant, it's about 1.5KM.