MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

LCCT in a mess today 121206

My friend arrived at 0330LT this morning from MYY... delayed by more than 3 hours (relatively fortunate)

But at that hour... I can't wait for him... SkyBus wasn't around.... Taxis would be making excuses

for higher fares... And he wasn't paying the "Standard RM0.99" either...

But since 1700 yesterday he has been sms'n me regarding any delay

since his neice supposed to take the 1900 flt was delayed to 2200...

(I bought the ticket for him)... So I told him... "No sms or email from AirAsia.. so shouldn't be any delay"

At 2000 (his flight was the 2140 MYY-KUL)... he sms'ed... Flight re-timed to 0100 :pardon:

Most probably the FID downed together with the email & sms system as well :sorry:

The last time I flew AK, it was retimed (read: delayed) too. The sms notification from AK came when everyone was already congregating in the small T2 BKI departure hall!

How timely!

But to be fair to AK, they sent the notification TWICE, as if to make sure that everyone's informed of the obvious!

All this brouhaha and not a squeak from Da Bos! Still busy partying?

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4316

:angry:

English version from The Star.

Wednesday December 13, 2006

Flight delays leave passengers fuming

By GEETHA KRISHNAN

SEPANG: Flight delays of up to five hours left passengers fuming at the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) of the KL International Airport yesterday.

The delays allegedly occurred when 28 flights of budget carrier AirAsia were rescheduled.

n_p10lcc.jpg

LONG WAIT: The Johnson sisters from Canada waiting to get on their flight to Sandakan at the LCCT in Sepang.

Affected flights included those to Bandar Sri Begawan in Brunei and the Indonesian destinations of Solo, Surabaya, Jakarta and Denpasar.

Also hit were Siem Reap in Cambodia and airports in Bangkok and Phuket.

Among the local routes affected were flights to Sabah (Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan and Tawau) and Sarawak (Kuching, Bintulu, Miri and Sibu).

Other affected destinations were Kota Baru, Labuan, Langkawi and Penang. One flight to Langkawi was cancelled.

Flight information handwritten on notice boards only caused confusion.

The electronic display screen was out of order, pending dismantling and shifting work by airport authorities.

Frequent traveller Don Darrell said he paid RM220 for a ticket to Langkawi because he wanted the 11am flight. His flight was delayed to 3.45pm.

“AirAsia should provide meal vouchers for the long wait. When I went to the information counter to make a complaint, forms were also scarce,” he said.

A passenger known only as Yee, who was travelling with his wife and eight-year-old son, said they had to sit on trolleys because there was no seat available for them.

“This is the third time we have experienced delays. Our 4.20pm flight to Miri has been rescheduled to 7.40pm.”

The Johnson sisters from Canada, who were on their first trip to Malaysia, experienced a four-hour delay for their flight to Sandakan.

AirAsia admitted that there had been flight delays over the last two days, allegedly due to technical faults in three of its Boeing aircraft.

“Immediate measures were taken to thoroughly check and rectify the faults. With safety as our priority, aircraft are being double-checked before being released for service. Hence, extended delays these couple of days,” it said in a statement.

The airline added that it was currently recording an “extremely high” passenger load of over 90% on an average flight.

“Every possible means is taken to ensure guests are placed on the next available flight to their destinations,'' the statement said, extending its apologies to its customers over the inconvenience.

“To minimise further delays, guests are allocated seats on the same day wherever possible. Our technical crew and operations are working hard to achieve this.

“December is one of AirAsia’s busiest periods.”

Edited by Naim

Naim,

Thanks for the English link :pardon:

If they know, December is the busiest period, AK should put more 'spare aircraft' on the line or wet-lease some capacity in, even though they're LCC =@

Was glad not to be booked on Kandiah's flight: a 0220am-0450am schedule is dreadful :angry:

Even the Flights delay between 1 to 5 hour :sorry: !! I think AK also dont want this happen because 'Safety First'!!! Naim be patient I think even the AK Boeing are more than 15 years some over 20 years but with the great maintainace the Plane still can work in good condition!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Andrew Yong

ahah, the same happened to me last month..

the B737's are really worn out by heavy usage.

When i was at the gate waiting for my flight to Bangkok, i saw my plane arrived at the gate, drop off the current passengers, and its my turn to board it.

As far as im concerned, when i was boarding the plane, the engines are still running which means the engines get no rest and have to go back to work again after 30mins.

I think the new A320's are goin to receive the same fate like what the B737's did.

I think the new A320's are goin to receive the same fate like what the B737's did.

Well, the A320 has a better advantage than the old B733

Don't know if the A320 will suffer the same fate as the B733 :)

As far as im concerned, when i was boarding the plane, the engines are still running which means the engines get no rest

:blink: :blink: :o

Probably you heard the APU running; AFAIK it's even 'illegal' to have running engines while deplaning/boarding !

So hows with flight deck crews and F/A work time? :mellow:

Don't know if AK operates solely by CAA rules or also CLA rules; it all depends on the reporting-time of the crew how long and how many landings they're allowed to operate, according to set tables (by CAA); no doubt, the AK crew controlers have a busy job with these large delays, swapping crews from one flight to another, etc and informing all these crews (and have to listen to their grievances, etc)...

No wonder the LCCT has a whiteboard just in case the FID goes kaput. Perhaps it happens quite often.

But it is unfortunate that this should happen. If AK had announced what is actually causing the delays, I think some passengers will not be too upset, knowing that safety is a paramount concern.

:lol: It has kaputed since I left for Kuching on Sunday, 10 Dec 2006. Delays above 3 hours would make them liable for compensating passengers with some kinda food and drink. If you get goinsured, any delays above 6 hours will be compensated ticket price if I am not mistaken. :)

Oh oh, I've just purchased an Air Asia ticket....

oh,hampeh...same goes to me..hope it wont happen again that day..

ahah, the same happened to me last month..

the B737's are really worn out by heavy usage.

When i was at the gate waiting for my flight to Bangkok, i saw my plane arrived at the gate, drop off the current passengers, and its my turn to board it.

As far as im concerned, when i was boarding the plane, the engines are still running which means the engines get no rest and have to go back to work again after 30mins.

Wai Hung,

Are you sure about this? That means all of you would have to be wearing ear pads and of course no one would be allowed to board through the back doors as they will be flying all over the place. Was the engine running or was the wind naturally spinning it? hehe... Sorry to question you but I just find it strange because I have never come across this kinda situation and no airpport authorities will allow for engines to be running when passengers are boarding or when the planes are being serviced. I mean, luggages can't be loaded as well if the engines are spinning. Also note that that red beacons must also be on at all times when the engines are running. :)

You probably heard the APUs running, which is fine, else you wouldn't get air conditioning.

Edited by Alvin

Even the Flights delay between 1 to 5 hour :sorry: !! I think AK also dont want this happen because 'Safety First'!!! Naim be patient I think even the AK Boeing are more than 15 years some over 20 years but with the great maintainace the Plane still can work in good condition!!!! :rolleyes:

Dunno about that, mate. I have a 9-yr-old car which I religiously serviced every 5,000km without fail. Yet, I'd think twice about driving it 500km to my kampung in Kelantan. I just hate old machines. :pardon:

Are you sure???? :huh: :blink:

If it is running, you will need to wear ear pads (as mentioned by Alvin) and it is dangerous to ever go near a running engine that still on :o

Edited by Andrew Ong

probably its the APU as some of u have stated...

sorry for the confusion... :p

but anyway, the aircraft is really stressed out... in my point of view.

My next flight on AK is 2 Langkawi next Tuesday. Hopefully no delay.

Not the 2 or 5 hrs delay. + with the kids / baby.

Anyway how many AK got for spare aircraft, it was just a chain reaction since the same aircraft is used for multiple routes...Land, pick up passengers, and off again.. One leg delayed, the rest got delayed..

Just want to hear what Transport Minister has to say, last time was all the hu ha on airlines suppose to submit weekly reports on flight delays...

If they know, December is the busiest period, AK should put more 'spare aircraft' on the line or wet-lease some capacity in, even though they're LCC =@

Pieter,

Interesting you have said that as in the past, AK has done exactly that - for example a few years back they were getting a couple of Astraeus birds over from the UK. When I did work-experience there, they had G-STRA and G-STRB which were affectionately referred to by flt ops and Engineering as "G-String-ALPHA" and "G-String-BRAVO" :D :rofl:

Perhaps they could "enlist" the services of a couple of idle JestarAsia and Tiger birds :D ;) NOT (or very unlikely anyway)

Anyway, before we get onto "bashing" AK because of delays due to technical faults - I rather they fix the aircraft and certify them to fly in accordance with docs such as the MEL etc etc because otherwise, they are putting passengers safety at risk - and THAT is a BIG No No!

But compensation for delays is a must - be it a refreshment/meal voucher - no doubt about that!

Here is the same story transalated into English for those english readers.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...&sec=nation

Flight delays leave passengers fuming

By GEETHA KRISHNAN

SEPANG: Flight delays of up to five hours left passengers fuming at the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) of the KL International Airport yesterday.

The delays allegedly occurred when 28 flights of budget carrier AirAsia were rescheduled.

LONG WAIT: The Johnson sisters from Canada waiting to get on their flight to Sandakan at the LCCT in Sepang.

Affected flights included those to Bandar Sri Begawan in Brunei and the Indonesian destinations of Solo, Surabaya, Jakarta and Denpasar.

Also hit were Siem Reap in Cambodia and airports in Bangkok and Phuket.

Among the local routes affected were flights to Sabah (Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan and Tawau) and Sarawak (Kuching, Bintulu, Miri and Sibu).

Other affected destinations were Kota Baru, Labuan, Langkawi and Penang. One flight to Langkawi was cancelled.

Flight information handwritten on notice boards only caused confusion.

The electronic display screen was out of order, pending dismantling and shifting work by airport authorities.

Frequent traveller Don Darrell said he paid RM220 for a ticket to Langkawi because he wanted the 11am flight. His flight was delayed to 3.45pm.

“AirAsia should provide meal vouchers for the long wait. When I went to the information counter to make a complaint, forms were also scarce,†he said.

A passenger known only as Yee, who was travelling with his wife and eight-year-old son, said they had to sit on trolleys because there was no seat available for them.

“This is the third time we have experienced delays. Our 4.20pm flight to Miri has been rescheduled to 7.40pm.â€

The Johnson sisters from Canada, who were on their first trip to Malaysia, experienced a four-hour delay for their flight to Sandakan.

AirAsia admitted that there had been flight delays over the last two days, allegedly due to technical faults in three of its Boeing aircraft.

“Immediate measures were taken to thoroughly check and rectify the faults. With safety as our priority, aircraft are being double-checked before being released for service. Hence, extended delays these couple of days,†it said in a statement.

The airline added that it was currently recording an “extremely high†passenger load of over 90% on an average flight.

“Every possible means is taken to ensure guests are placed on the next available flight to their destinations,'' the statement said, extending its apologies to its customers over the inconvenience.

“To minimise further delays, guests are allocated seats on the same day wherever possible. Our technical crew and operations are working hard to achieve this.

“December is one of AirAsia’s busiest periods.â€

Enjoy

Take the train for leisurely delays! hee hee (shameless promo)

I disagree..having a superb-fun time now doing the Senandung Malam every Sunday to Johor Bharu..I just can't sleep on those express buses..:pardon: and it departs on time each time :yahoo:

Sorry off-topic

Edited by Azrin A

I disagree..having a superb-fun time now doing the Senandung Malam every Sunday to Johor Bharu..I just can't sleep on those express buses..:pardon: and it departs on time each time :yahoo:

Sorry off-topic

They despatch the YDMs now for SM....try taking Wau where they use the unreliable 24...hee hee

OT

Air asia last flt to LGK on EVERYDAY departed late..

I think their schedule must have a kink of its own.

U cant create a schedule u cant follow/deliver to ur customer.

So here's sth for Mr Tony..

.<Bahasa Malaysia>

Manis bibir mulut bicara,

Bila lambat kami sengsara,

Kami memang tiada cara,

Takkan awak rasa gembira?

Kalau lambat payung dibuka,

Hujan menimpa basahlah baju,

Memang kami semua berduka,

Servisnya lambat mintak duit lajuu.

RM 0.99 tiket punye harga,

Tak kisah la tax itu berapa,

Memang la setiap satu ade harga.

Duit tax hang watpa?

Mintak tolong bila tersepit,

Tersepit pada pintu 737,

Bila semua sudah tersepit,

Kenapa a.a salahkan 737? :help:

(If ur a/c need service ker, wX ker, electrik takder ke, we dont care. mebe we can understand. but please give us a treatment like an air pax shud be receiving, like good info,food n drink(roti bun n air kotak pun ok), etc.. )

hehe

XXmemang borink kalau delay lama sangatXXcis cis, kenapa LGK diorang kansel? someday aku mebe terkenaXX

.</Bahasa Malaysia>

Sorry guys for d BM, if u cant understand, its a good time to learn a few words :rofl:

I think everyone want to be in the limelight and appear in the paper's front page, thats why everyone trying to show they are the smart a*s/boss.

Sign in to follow this