MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Chaity

11th Dec 2006 Holiday in Selangor, go spotting !

It was a state holiday in Selangor on 11th Dec 2006 (Monday) to celebrate the birthday of Sultan Selangor.

Both Yong and myself were not getting a "Datuk" conferment, <_ so spotting we go src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_clapping.gif" alt=":clapping:">

I was there real early at around 7AM, hoping to get UPS but not even 1 in sight :mellow:

The weather was a bit grey and the sun was too shy to come out. :nea:

At least the dampness gave some good visual effects :lol:

NEANCw.jpg

As the minutes tick away, some sunlight at last :)

QATABWw.jpg

At around 8AM, our walking "KUL Timetable" Yong reached Oscar Hotel. Lucky guy as he brought along the much needed sunlight. :good:

After taking out his darksider weapon, more luck follows with this Antonov getting ready for departure :D

AN1w.jpg

Alright! Passing by us slowly

AN2w.jpg

A lot of wheels to support this big fella

AN3w.jpg

Two spotters from Finland, Jari Alanko and Teemu Tuuri joined us to see this view. They are in KUL for 1 day after spotting almost a week in Indonesia. B)

AN4w.jpg

Ruslan spent much more time than the usual Airbus or Boeing in the active runway before rolling down the runway

AN5w.jpg

Up she goes with some condensation on the wings :good:

AN6w.jpg

The roar from the engines covered the non-stop clicking sound from 4 cameras :pardon:

AN7w.jpg

My spotting "threshold" (As Raj Changela like to say) for the day is achieved with her departing :yahoo:

AN8w.jpg

Can't help with that many of Ruslan photos, rare to see an Antonov in KUL :sorry:

Edited by Chaity

aarrrggghhh...........

Nice catch Chaity...those condensation...super.

what a flat take off of the "Ruslan"

wah so many spotters up there on hill??

aarrrggghhh...........

Nice catch Chaity...those condensation...super.

what a flat take off of the "Ruslan"

wah so many spotters up there on hill??

There were 4 of us in Oscar Hotel and probably too big a group. We were "invited" to leave the hotel before 10AM <_>

Splendid catch, Chaity... :clapping:

Saw her tail on Sunday.... but it seems that Sunday is a rest day for Ruslans... :pardon:

I didn't know that until I saw the photos you guys posted this morning.

All the while I thought Ruslan came on Monday morning 5AM as I heard some weird engine noise flying past my house. Now I know I could be dreaming then :p

This has not been a good weekend for me. First, miss sunday sunny day at OH. Then, missed the antonov on monday. Mannnnn..... :sorry: :sorry:

yey...nice catch of Ruslan :drinks: i only saw it on holding point when i was on short final <_ it was misty over klia that morning great condensation src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_clapping.gif" alt=":clapping:">

Wow, nice Shots there Chaity..

Nice condensation and Vapour Trails..

Shots of the Antonov are awesome..

thanks for sharing.

It was a state holiday in Selangor on 11th Dec 2006 (Monday) to celebrate the birthday of Sultan Selangor.

Both Yong and myself were not getting a "Datuk" conferment, <_ so spotting we go src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_clapping.gif" alt=":clapping:">

I was there real early at around 7AM, hoping to get UPS but not even 1 in sight :mellow:

The weather was a bit grey and the sun was too shy to come out. :nea:

At least the dampness gave some good visual effects :lol:

NEANCw.jpg

As the minutes tick away, some sunlight at last :)

Forgive me for being naive, Datuk Seri. What's the first plane? Btw anybody caught the outgoing DYMM Agong on Monday 12th Dec. 2006? Or the incoming DYMM?

Guest Fendy
Forgive me for being naive, Datuk Seri. What's the first plane? Btw anybody caught the outgoing DYMM Agong on Monday 12th Dec. 2006? Or the incoming DYMM?

looks like royal nepal airlines b757.

dec 11 no holiday for me, work work work :(

Chaity,

Fantastic series of Ruslan shots :good:

Wasn't Teemu excited upon seeing her, as he's a vivid Soviet aircraft photographer making a lot of trips to RU :blink:

Anyhow, those Royal Nepal- and Qatari pictures are awesome with these visible vortices :drinks:

Thanks for the comments guys, I didn't know I got a "Datuk Seri" here :p

Maarof, the plane in the first pic is a Royal Nepal Airlines B757 as identified by Fendy and Pieter. Here's a side shot of her

9NACAsw.jpg

I was working on 12th Dec '06 and no chance to catch the outgoing DYMM Agong. Saw it on TV during our local news at night. It was a TUDM 737 BBJ parked in Kompleks Bunga Raya with red carpet.

Pieter, Teemu looks calm on seeing the Antonov. He mentioned that Antonov used to send goods to Finland. :)

Edwin P K, you can read more about Antonov --> A.Net

Kevin Teh, you are still in US ? I saw a photo in Dec '06 issue of DCM showing the Sepang GT car in the recommanded photo for Motion Blur in your name. Was that your photo ? :help:

Here are a few more for Monday morning

MAS Airbus doing late rotation

19MMKWw.jpg

Heliconia added some blue color for the grey sky

29MMRD1w.jpg

We were happy to see this classic

3S2ACQw.jpg

4S2ACQ1w.jpg

Edited by Chaity

Fabulous shots guys...really enjoyed viewing all of them...especially the Ruslan! :D :D :drinks:

Haihz...how i miss the joys of spotting...to the point where im having dreams/nightmares about it... :blink:

Lovely pictures, Chaity. An-124s are a rare breed and nobody know their schedule, if they have one. Haven't see one in action before.

A few more spotters photos captured during that day.

Finnish & Japanese busy clicking while Yong and I watching MAS 734 flying past :D

spot1w.jpg

We met the same spotters again in ladang as they have their own transport. A 2 in 1 shot.

2acw.jpg

Yong is longing for a simple step ladders the Japanese are using :lol:

grpw-1.jpg

Some smoky touchdown on that day :o

A6EBVw.jpg

PHBFNw.jpg

That's all and have more fun spotting in 2007 !

Good to accompany by strangers, but they spot differently!

Holy smoke from EK, nice and the shiny blue Kuala Lumpur Malaysia aka KLM, marvealous........spotting rock!!

Edited by Seth K

Sign in to follow this