MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

Jandakot Perth

A Citation Mustang demonstrator is going to come over to Jandakot from Brisbane on 13 April. ETA between 1400 to 1500.

A 2nd demo for SFC!! I know they were talking just after the first demo last year that they're keen to replace their Barons with this super-cool little jets!

Nice shots Kian Hong, and great weather too. I hope to be spotting there one of these days.......

Liam : If SFC wanna replace the Baron, please do so as soon as possible! This Citation Mustang look so cool! Very nice cockpit too. :yahoo:

Kwek : If you are here, I'll be your ride (that's if I am free lah). hehehe... :drinks:

Here's a teaser of the Cessna Citation Mustang. The first to be registered in Australia and the 11th production aircraft for that type.

VH-SJP_YPJT_130408.jpg

Enjoy!

wow wee....Mustang.

BIG nose for a Cessna Citation family...Azahan will like it.

Fairings on the tail cone...

lovely, sporty....single pilot ops...

Here's some more shots of this little 'sport car'.

VH-SJP_YPJT_130408-6.jpg

Notice that the nose gear tyre has something like a mud-guard built-in.

VH-SJP_YPJT_130408-2.jpg

All the black strips on the leading edges are deicing boots instead of the heated leading edge normally found on larger bizjet.

VH-SJP_YPJT_130408-10.jpg

VH-SJP_YPJT_130408-9.jpg

These oval windows remind me of Gulfstream signature windows, but unmistakably it's a Citation Mustang.

VH-SJP_YPJT_130408-8.jpg

Even the LED beacon light is a work of art. Sexy!!

VH-SJP_YPJT_130408-7.jpg

VH-SJP_YPJT_130408-5.jpg

Interior. Very handsome leather seat and smell like a brand new car too!

VH-SJP_YPJT_130408-3.jpg

And the Garmin 1000 glass cockpit. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Yup, the thrust levers are labeled as throttles. :pardon:

VH-SJP_YPJT_130408-4.jpg

Enjoy!

Thanks for viewing.

Edited by kianhong

Kian Hong, that is a beautiful Mustang!!! , I reckon that baby seats less than 5 . Cockpit look kindda small, its like the Daihatsu of aircrafts kekekeke :drinks:

every aircraft that has a "tail" config engine will have the special nose wheel...avoiding water spray into the engine...

BIG nose ....he he he

Landing gear and flaps...control by electric motors...save weight from Hydraulic Fluids/lines/pumps..

Ah the cockpit...super big LCDs..

appreciate it Kian Hong...

Would love to see a close up on the main wheel...

every aircraft that has a "tail" config engine will have the special nose wheel...avoiding water spray into the engine...

BIG nose ....he he he

Landing gear and flaps...control by electric motors...save weight from Hydraulic Fluids/lines/pumps..

Ah the cockpit...super big LCDs..

appreciate it Kian Hong...

Would love to see a close up on the main wheel...

Yeah, I would love to see the nose wheel with the mud flaps, because i cant see it yet.. or are my eyes deceiving me?? :pardon:

As per request by TK and Iggy... Now we look at Mustang's wheels. :pardon:

Trailing link struts is used on main landing gear to ensure a super smooth landing.

main-gear_VH-SJP_YPJT_130408.jpg

Nose wheel tyre with mud flap - that extra rubber that sticking out of the tyre.

nose-gear_VH-SJP_YPJT_130408.jpg

More photos later. Cheers.

Yes, the mustang is very nice! Will hear all about it from my Instructor who was lucky enough to take it for a flight today :)

BTW, the "mud-guard" on the nose-wheel is called "Chine" - it's to prevent water/snow/sleet spray being directed into the engines and is common on biz-jet airplanes with rear-mounted engine configurations :)

Love the pics KH!

Now I see what you meant with the mud flap thingy,.. can't believe that a single extra rubber lining can prevent all the water/ice from spraying to the back of the rear engines.. good stuff.. I learnt something today kekeke :yahoo:

Fantastic pics, Kian!

The reason small things, like thrust levels being labelled "throttles" was for ease of conversion (and more appeal, thanks to things they already know and recognise) for former piston twin drivers and owner/pilots alike, many of whom, would have never flown, or even considered purchasing a jet until products like the mustang and eclipse 500 entered the market and "VLJ's" were born.

Thank guys. :)

As promised, here's a few more photos.

VH-SJP_YPJT_140408.jpg

VH-SJP_YPJT_140408-3.jpg

Look almost like a dream to see the cockpit from outside.

VH-SJP_YPJT_140408-4.jpg

Tiny powerful jet - PW615. The engine inlet is probably 1 foot across. The Cessna reps told us that you would have difficulty to start the engine with tail wind of more than 10kts. :rofl:

VH-SJP_YPJT_140408-5.jpg

I almost stick my head inside the tiny exhaust nozzle to get this shoot. :pardon:

VH-SJP_YPJT_140408-2.jpg

Front.

VH-SJP_YPJT_140408-7.jpg

Side.

VH-SJP_YPJT_140408-8.jpg

Back.

VH-SJP_YPJT_140408-6.jpg

Enjoy! :)

Thanks for viewing.

Wah. damn nice mustang powerplant there, especially the engine nozzles .. Kian Hong, make sure u arrange my tarmac access when i get there kekeke... hands pretty much beyond itch already :lol:

Looks like some shots from the Cessna promotional folder: very well done, indeed !!! :drinks: :good: :good:

Little 'devil' this Citation; hope to see this type soon at EHAM as well... :pardon:

OMG , wonderfull pic :clapping: kianhong , the front shot is my fav :good: .... ush , if i own this plane ......:D (dreaming) :rofl: ......

Iggy - Have your itchy fingers reach the state of clicking & typing on SQ online booking yet? :rofl: :pardon:

Ian - It's certified to a max ceiling of 41 000 ft & a max cruise speed of 340kts. Normal cruising altitude would be around FL250 to FL300, I guess. Not exactly superfast but definitely faster than most twin-props.

Pieter - Oh yeah, she is such a hot little 'devil' that almost everyone ogled over her for the past 2 days. Worst offender - Me. :blush:

Louis - You have 2 600 000 USD in your pocket? :rolleyes:

Iggy - Have your itchy fingers reach the state of clicking & typing on SQ online booking yet? :rofl: :pardon:

Ian - It's certified to a max ceiling of 41 000 ft & a max cruise speed of 340kts. Normal cruising altitude would be around FL250 to FL300, I guess. Not exactly superfast but definitely faster than most twin-props.

Pieter - Oh yeah, she is such a hot little 'devil' that almost everyone ogled over her for the past 2 days. Worst offender - Me. :blush:

Louis - You have 2 600 000 USD in your pocket? :rolleyes:

Kian Hong, SQ online? nah, this time I'm going Tiger kekeke.. way cheaper... yup almost clicking already after i finalised all my need to do's here in Kuching before going over to disturb u.

USD 2 600 000 ehh... I suggest you put your punters luck into action and buy Saturday Lotto or Powerball Lotto.. :rofl:

OMG , wonderfull pic :clapping: kianhong , the front shot is my fav :good: .... ush , if i own this plane ......:D (dreaming) :rofl: ......

Who will be your pilot? TK, Ian, LeeCH, Colin,etc :lol: :rofl: :lol:

The plane is small and cute. Nice :good:

Louis pergi beli 4D.

Kena 4D 1000 times also still not enough kakkaka :rofl:

Edited by Ignatius

The plane is small and cute. Nice :good:

Louis pergi beli 4D.

better Jackpot. eh, underage lar brother. :rofl: :rofl: :D