MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

Jandakot Perth

Unfortunately, no pix from that incident. Only saw it from far, no spark or smoke at all. Pilot must real good at keeping the nose aloft and putting it down slowly.

It all depends on the wind direction. 06L/24R for landing and take off. 06R/24L for circuits. 12/30 will be in use if winds favor that runway.

Unfortunately, no pix from that incident. Only saw it from far, no spark or smoke at all. Pilot must real good at keeping the nose aloft and putting it down slowly.

It all depends on the wind direction. 06L/24R for landing and take off. 06R/24L for circuits. 12/30 will be in use if winds favor that runway.

Hello Kianhong,

Great job in making to Jandakot. Like TK mentioned. Still a long way to go. Work hard n play hard there...always baring in mind the view of you in the right hand seat of 777 or A330 very soon. ( Sorry...they are no longer taking in cadets for 744, confirmed by CP ).

Also flying in jandakot requires 100% or more concentration for situation awareness due to heavy traffic and rookie GA pilots. Watch out for these Gungho pilots when they fly circuits.

All the best and hope to catch up with you in Perth when I go over for holiday.

Cheers :drinks:

Kian Hong,

Thanks for pics from Jandakot. Lovely shots and enjoy your stay in the lovely place. You will miss all the GA flying once you've done your flight test, which feels very far away but comes sooner than you think.

Plenty of nice aerial photos when you do Nav exercise. Watch out in training area, always heavy traffic. Circuits wise, good fun to fly with 11 others in the loop. Watch you speed and spacing with regards to others and remember, do not cut queue while airborne.

See you in Jandakot if I do come by Perth. Take care and please send my regards to SI Michael Stapleton. He is a great chap.

Baaaaahhhhhh (as they would say in Sabah), Kianhong: nice shots there !!! :drinks: :good:

Would die to do a flights in one of those CJ-6A's :pardon:

Wooo... Cunderdin.. nice ... I remember how our F50 did a super duper huper braking on that short runway to stop reallllllllly short.... nice :-)

Liam, were u on that flight too? The one where Luke first organised the F50 charter to the Easter AirShow?

Thanks Guys!

With two FOs + super seniors looking over my shoulder. Must work harder. And take more photos. :pardon:

Thanks for the advices, Colin and LeeCH! :drinks: Do drop by Jandakot whenever u guys coming this way.

Take care and please send my regards to SI Michael Stapleton. He is a great chap.

LeeCH: BTW, Michael Stapleton is the current ACFI and rumour says that he is going to leave SFC soon. Did you have him as your instructor last time?

Would die to do a flights in one of those CJ-6A's :pardon:

Fighter Combat International

This is for you, Pieter. =@ Now, you can start planning a trip down to Perth. * Poison* *Poison* :rofl:

Now, something from SFC apron and nearby. This definitely would bring back memories to bro Colin and bro LeeCH. Enjoy!

Yankee X-ray Tango. One of the older C172R in SFC fleet.

VH-YXT_YPJT_100108.jpg

Bathing in the evening sun. Nice!

VH-LTJ_YPJT_100108.jpg

Baron

VH-SQJ_YPJT_040108.jpg

Croppies - M-18A Dromader

VH-NIC_YPJT_100108.jpg

Piper Cherokee

VH-FES_YPJT_100108.jpg

Thanks for viewing. :)

Woowww Kian Hong, now complete with nightshots hehehe :good:

Michael Stapleton is the Ah Gong of SFC Jandakot. Must respect him hor !!!

Flew with him on my Phase 4 Baron checkride. Was a memorable fun flight instead of stress. Taught me lots of things than my own flying instructor.

Kian Hong: Please send my best regards to Mr MS and MR David Higgins. Without them, I will not be in my position today. ( tell Higgins, I am waiting for him to come over to Cargo fleet ).

Take care...Leech when is your next Perth flight, I tag along pax on personal holiday. We can rent a car and go visit Jandakot.

Cheers

Kian Hong: Please send my best regards to Mr MS and MR David Higgins. Without them, I will not be in my position today. ( tell Higgins, I am waiting for him to come over to Cargo fleet ).
OK Colin... I'll let them know when I get to speak with them. Currently, I believe they are pretty busy with cadets P checks.

I had a field day today at YPJT. :yahoo: :yahoo:

All of us get excited when we saw her moving. At last she didn't leave the ground, just some engine run-up at a remote stand and taxi back. VH-CWS_YPJT_120108.jpg

More later. A pictorial of this classic airliner. :)

Edited by kianhong

Yeap ... uncle Norman. Indeed it's some great 'music' to my ears. Woohoo... :yahoo:

Here's more for you and those who appreciate this classic airliner.

Part I

Here she come, our way!

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-2.jpg

Co-pilot, nice young chap there. Flew with QF as flight attendant, now fly in this beauty with his dad. How cool is that!!!

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-3.jpg

Taxiing pass us. Sound coming these engines. :good:

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-4.jpg

Made a U-turn and into her park bay. Though huge by Jandakot standard, she seem to be able to maneuver her into the park bay without a sweat!

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-5.jpg

In position.

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-6.jpg

We walked closer. :pardon:

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-7.jpg

And closer. Look at those rivets! B)

Dedicate Katherine's nose to Bapa segala hidung - Azahan. ;)

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-8.jpg

== End of Part I ==

Yes Miro, very lucky indeed to catch her moving. Even luckier to visit the interior and the cockpit!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

We asked the owner permission to take some photos and check the interior up. Permission granted! 'Thanks Bill! And we hopped on like a bunch of kids! Syiok ooo... :yahoo:

Part II

This aircraft had went thru a lot different regos and quite some ordeals. At one time she was almost going to be scrapped.

To maintain this classic in flying conditions take more than just hard work, it's about passion! Bravo to this father & son team. :drinks:

I felt so lucky to be able photograph her and even luckier to be able to roam around the cockpit and cabin freely. Sit in the left hand seat of a DC-3. Syiok!!! :yahoo: Thanks mate! :drinks:

Cockpit and all the gauges! :wub:

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-9.jpg

Her 'birth cert'. Confirmed DC-3! And my dad wasn't even born yet when she was first airborne. :blink:

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-11.jpg

From forward fuselage. 28-seats in total. A small galley beside the toilet.

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-10.jpg

Safety card. :)

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-12.jpg

This mei blossom motif on the seatbelt buckle caught my eyes. Scrapped from China Airlines? :pardon:

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-13.jpg

From the backward fuselage.

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-14.jpg

== End of Part II ==

:yahoo: Wow, Kian Hong, I'm speechless... splendid interiors there... Cockpit is excellent.. Did you ask when they'd do a flight out??

Iggy, they said they will try to make it fly next month. Apparently they have some issue to iron out with CASA.

Final - Part III

A shot of the tail after jumping out of the cabin.

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-15.jpg

The nose at a lower angle. See my reflection on the spinner? :D

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-16.jpg

Frontal shot with the 2 huge PW radial engines.

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-17.jpg

The imposing nose. :yahoo:

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-18.jpg

I like this angle. So here's another shot.

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-19.jpg

The parting shot. There she is sitting there gracefully. Hope to see her flying again soon.

VH-CWS_YPJT_120108-20.jpg

== End of Final - Part III ==

Edited by kianhong

Send the second one to A.net.. I love that shot alot tooo.... Classical :yahoo:

Fuuuuh~!!! Fuuuuh~!!! Beauty~!!! :good::good:

Clear Blue Sky Some More~!!! Damn Syiok~!!!

Great catch there Kian Hong.

Is the owner offering any discounted joyflight for SFC cadets or general public? You could have asked them for any offer to fly as pax on this classic DC-3 even for a short flight over Perth sightseeing.

Give us a shout if they are offering. We book the next avail flight over to Perth. Heee Heee. :clapping:

Colin. According to their website, a 60mins Perth city & beach senic flight will set u back about 180 AUD. But I'll try to ask if I see them again, probably ask for discounted/free joyride when they go out for test flight. Hohoho... :D

Details available here.

Fighter Combat International

This is for you, Pieter. =@ Now, you can start planning a trip down to Perth. * Poison* *Poison* :rofl:

Thanks a trillion for the link, bro !!! :yahoo: Herman Pieterse seems to be a nice guy :pardon:

Baaaahhhhhhhh, these Dakota shots are awesome; would love to combine the CJ-6 ride with the one in the Dakota, when in PER :yahoo:

Weatherwise this is the time to go ?! : blue skies and good visibility !!! :good:

Keep those pictures comin' !!! :drinks:

wwaahhh...hong hong ah...Nice Diesel Three in JandakOt.

i wish i can be the passenger on one of her flights.

TTT, yer I was on it...I remember you walking up to your prize! But I won it the next time when we took a Dash 8 down to Busso.

Awesome pics, Kianhong. David flew with Skywest (he was on one of my XR flights as purser) and is also a Dash 8 check FA for Maroomba. His dad was a skipper for Ansett then Virgin.

TK, I was on her "inaugral" flight for Classic Wings, before they (hopefully temporarily) ceased operations (2nd ride in a DC-3). Was a fantastic flight with David as FA, his father as PF and Dc-3 veteran (Check and Training Captain) Graham Lowder (Who coincidentally flew 767's for Lauda!) as PNF. At the back that bubble window makes for some awesome shots! (like sticking you head out the window midflight. Their "fares" were quite reasonable ($145 for 60min scenic, $190 for 90min dinner, and $350 for all day winery tour!), I hope they get going again soon!