MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

Jandakot Perth

Ian, that mate isn't braking hard, it's really tilted at that angle and height... i myself was shock at first, but later found out that it's really like that,.. sorry for the heat haze there.

TK,... TQ hehehe

Still YPPH here, going back on Friday via SINCity... not KL, wanna snap snap kilo alpha ma hehehe

Still YPPH here, going back on Friday via SINCity... not KL, wanna snap snap kilo alpha ma hehehe

i thought your original plan is divert to LGK before KCH. :pardon: got all my wishlist already? hehe...

tooo rushy lah , leave it to the guys there to cover it up hehehe.. ur wishlist??? In my luggage already.. hehehe :good:

tooo rushy lah , leave it to the guys there to cover it up hehehe.. ur wishlist??? In my luggage already.. hehehe :good:

kam-sa-ha-mi-da.... :drinks:

Bro, i tot u went to kl-melaka-wx-oscar hotel only, i didn't know u went S.Korea kekekeke.... :rofl:

iggy, nice pics man from downunder... the senecas brings back memories... hehehe...

No worries there mate... thats why photo's are taken, to capture memorable moments in life.... :good:

Iggy,

Excellent side-view shot of Hotel Lima Sierra !!! :drinks:

Finally ... here at the busiest airport in Australia and probably the Southern Hemisphere too in terms of a/c movement. Heliconia sky and golden sunlight! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Jandakot ATC Tower.

ATC-tower_YPJT_301207-2.jpg

First, a Cessna 210N. Pretty normal looking.

VH-CWN_YPJT_301207.jpg

Ehh... landing gears retracted like a bird. Cool ... B)

VH-CWN_YPJT_301207-2.jpg

Beech Bonanza A36

VH-KCI_YPJT_301207.jpg

The only type of resident jet found in YPJT, operate by China Southern - Cessna Citation Bravo.

VH-ZLT_YPJT_301207.jpg

The coolest looking flying machine I have ever seen - this home-built CULP Special.

VH-ZUZ_YPJT_301207-2.jpg

Nice c/s too.

VH-ZUZ_YPJT_301207.jpg

Have been busy with admin stuff and settling in, so only manage to get these in the short one and half hour recce.

Thanks for viewing. :)

Nice one KianHong, i might join you spotting there from time to time kekekeke...., where r u staying in Perth? Somewhere near jandakot i assume? Hope the summer isn't too hot for you there, but the blue sky is so blue, you wished of spotting everyday .. Lots of rare/unique lil birds there at YPTJ :drinks:

Nice one KianHong, i might join you spotting there from time to time kekekeke...., where r u staying in Perth? Somewhere near jandakot i assume?

As an SQ cadet, I expect Kianhong to be staying at the airport itself. Correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW how's the English of those CZ cadets? Hopefully better than they used to be.

Iggy... come come. Not many people spot here, so quite bore to spot alone here. PM me when u are here. I'll join u if I'm free or else u can shoot me with your Bigma. :D

As an SQ cadet, I expect Kianhong to be staying at the airport itself. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Affirm. Our residential hostel is just right across our ops building & hangar at the northern end of Jandakot Airport. 15mins walk from the tower.

BTW how's the English of those CZ cadets? Hopefully better than they used to be.

I have no comment. :rolleyes:

do they speak english in "perth"....CZ...??

i thought Bankstown GA airport was the busiest in southern hemisphere...

Perth JandaKOT was quiet to me!

settle In KianHOng...long way to go. do enjoy your time there.

take care.

I wondered how atc manage to communicate with the cz pilots... their english...more like Chinglish :rofl: their accent... whoooohhhhwwww catch no ball :rofl:

i thought Bankstown GA airport was the busiest in southern hemisphere...

Perth JandaKOT was quiet to me!

According to this published year 2006 report by AirServices Australia, Jandakot ranks #1 in terms of a/c movements (407,184), follow by #2 - Bankstown (323,306) and #3 - Sydney (283,158).

Yup, you're right, Iggy! They speak Chinglish with at the words stapled together. :rofl:

TK, Bankstown has all but died off the last few years, no one can afford to fly anymore and little if no airlines are making any effort to counteract their shortages!

Kianhong, wait till you out on a Nav-ex in Cunderdin or whatever and you have 2 CZ birds trying to communicate with one another about exactly what they're doing...just make sure your a/c is perfectly trimmed and you're bound to start laughing!

Today I visited Jandakot.. one of the busiest airport in Australia..seems quiet today..I wonder why.. :(

1.VH-TRF, CT/4A

P1050708.jpg

2. VH-ZMN, Bell 206

P1050707.jpg

3. VH-CWS, MCDONNELL DOUGLAS DC3C-S1C3G, still at the same spot since my last visit here, few months ago..

P1050706.jpg

4. VH-TEM, C-212-CC

P1050704.jpg

5. Finally..after a long long wait.. China Southern, Cessna 550, VH-ZLT, landed...

P1050695.jpg

6. Where is everybody??

P1050701.jpg

Hi... Miro. I was there too since 5:30pm, sitting on the bench nearer to the tower. Are you the one in uniform? I noticed that u captured the same China Southern Citation Bravo I saw.

What a coincident. PM me when u go spoting again, I could use some company. Hehehe... :)

Sharing some spotting pix from today late afternoon. Perfect condition for spotting. Wind - 210/16kts, Temp - 25c and most important - CAVOK and blue sky!

First catch, the Twin Dragon - Nanchang CJ-6A. They sorta did a formation approach and landed closely one after another.

VH-FCD. Brunette ah moi was waving. :pardon::D

VH-FCD_YPJT_050107.jpg

VH-FCF

VH-FCF_YPJT_050107.jpg

Came back from crop dusting.

VH-EDG_YPJT_050107.jpg

Off they go again.

VH-NIY_YPJT_050107.jpg

Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia - Kingair B200.

VH-IWO_YPJT_050107.jpg

Another RFDS aircraft, but this one is the 300th Pilatus PC-12. Bonus!!! :yahoo:

VH-VWO_YPJT_050107.jpg

Cessna 172N

VH-KOG_YPJT_050107.jpg

Piper Navajo

VH-RMT_YPJT_050107.jpg

RAC Rescue 1 from Fire & Emergency Service Authority. BELL 412EP.

VH-EWA_YPJT_050107.jpg

Last but not least, some movement from SQ hangar. Beechcraft Baron 58.

VH-SQG_YPJT_050107.jpg

Enjoy. Thanks for viewing. :)

Wow!! Fantastic shots Kian Hong!! :clapping: :clapping: You're lucky mate..got the 300th PC12!!

Never knew before, there are a lot of yellow croppies in Jandakot.Looks like they hv a squadron of it..,

:yahoo:

Cheers !!

Edited by miroslav zinoviy

Nice one there, looking at your pix reminds me of my own pics when spotting at Jandakot, maybe when i go there around March, I'll bring you to Perth Intl for some serious commercial liner spotting hehehe...Does the Piper you took above still tilts at a weird angle with the nose gear much lower??? It was when i took it last month... :pardon:

Thanks Miro! Cheers to you.

Nice one there, looking at your pix reminds me of my own pics when spotting at Jandakot, maybe when i go there around March, I'll bring you to Perth Intl for some serious commercial liner spotting hehehe...Does the Piper you took above still tilts at a weird angle with the nose gear much lower??? It was when i took it last month... :pardon:

Oh yeah, I miss all the big Boeings and Airbuses. All the regional airliners are fine too. :drinks:

That Navajo quickly remind me of the pic u took. The tilt still look a bit odd as the nose gear is kinda short.

BTW, a Piper did an emergency landing on Friday without nose gear. He managed to land it safely with just the nose gear scraping the runway. Main runway was closed for a few hours. :mellow:

By any chance , did you take any pixies of the ill PiPer?? hehe... Usually things happen at Jandakot... those kind of emergencies are no surprise at all... But on SQ fleet, no worries at alll :good:

So now Runwei 24R still mainly used for takeoffs and landings?? I rarely see 06L in used, maybe due to the wind direction i reckon.. Shots from 06L takeoffs and landings are great.... closer to the observation hill hehehe :yahoo: