MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Airbus A350 XWB Development

If sawtooth-engine ducts ala-787/747-8 GEnX engines were to be fitted instead, it would definitely complete the A350 curvy and modern design

so true. nonetheless, it is a beauty!

I think it is prettier than 787 and 777. I remember when it was first rolled out without engines and paint, it was really ugly. Painting and engines really make a huge different in its appearance. Love the winglets and the shades.

The nose and the tail looks pretty similar to the A380

If sawtooth-engine ducts ala-787/747-8 GEnX engines were to be fitted instead, it would definitely complete the A350 curvy and modern design

Believe the chevron design on the 787 is a Boeing design patent. Hence Airbus is not in a position to adopt it. The should have done something to the engine design.

Still prefers the 787 :)

Zorro anyone?

Brake cooling looks efficient - look at the size of the footprint from the main bogeys.

Edited by Sandeep G

Can't wait for D7 to get theirs. I need sub 2K fares to Europe!

You already can get 2K fare to EU from MAS during promotion. No joke :)

You already can get 2K fare to EU from MAS during promotion. No joke :)

Yup, but I could not commit to any of the dates within the promo period. Whereas for D7, I have a better luck of finding promo fares within the dates that I can travel

A350 prototype transfers to flight-test team

Airbus's first flying prototype A350 has been transferred to the airframer's flight-test team, although a date for a maiden sortie has yet to be established.

The airframer declines to confirm the move, or comment on the status of the aircraft's progress since its roll-out on 13 May.
It refers to EADS chief Tom Enders' recent indications that the first flight could happen in "weeks" rather than simply during the summer.
But a source familiar with the A350's test programme says that the transfer of MSN1 to the flight-test team has taken place.
This will enable engine start and ground-run testing to begin, ahead of taxi trials. The A350-900 is fitted with Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engines.
The source could not give an estimate of the time the A350 might spend on ground tests before its maiden flight.
Airbus had secured 414 orders for the A350-900 before Singapore Airlines disclosed, at the end of May, that it was taking another 30 of the type - giving it 70 in total.
Singapore Airlines' decision, once converted to firm orders, will make it the largest customer for the -900 and one of the primary customers for the A350 programme alongside Qatar Airways and Emirates.

Check out the B787-ish nose. :p

It badly needs a nose job.

Could have been worse off. Airbus initially thought they can get away with yet another re-incarnation of the original A300 nose and body (which looked fairly similar to the A330).

Some airlines (Qatar included, IIRC) slammed Airbus for giving them an oldish design which is not in tune with times. So this new nose was the end result and I think it also borrowed heavily from the A380 in many other elements.

Something to look forward to this Friday ... about 4pm MY time.

RT @flightradar24: Airbus has confirmed that first flight of Airbus A350 is planned for Friday morning 10:00 CET in Toulouse, France

https://www.facebook.com/flightradar24

Edited by Naim