Sign in to follow this  
Sanjay Thaker

MH To Lease B744 to PIA

MRI is already back in Service..

Yay :yahoo: :yahoo:

9M-MRI is very happy to be back in service (in imagination) :D :p

Yay :yahoo: :yahoo:

9M-MRI is very happy to be back in service (in imagination) :D :p

heheh I'm sure the plane is happy, but not more happy than the Flight Operations team at MAS! :D

Talking about Hajj flights....here's some news about aircraft to be used by Garuda:

G-OJMB (Thomas Cook A330) was rolled out of the My Travel hangar at MAN this morning (=24/11/2006) wearing Garuda Indonesia titles and logos in preparation for lease for the Hajj.

Talking about Hajj flights....here's some news about aircraft to be used by Garuda:

G-OJMB (Thomas Cook A330) was rolled out of the My Travel hangar at MAN this morning (=24/11/2006) wearing Garuda Indonesia titles and logos in preparation for lease for the Hajj.

G-OBYE (Thomsonfly B767) is leased to Garuda as well.Probably for the Hajj Flights as well.

G-OBYE (Thomsonfly B767) is leased to Garuda as well.Probably for the Hajj Flights as well.

Any pictures of it?

Edited by Andrew Ong

9M-MRE is operating daily on the PK701/702 as noticed by the daily ACARS-reports I receive of flights operating overhead the Netherlands :pardon:

Why was Garuda Indonesia at LAX? :help:

look at this photo from JetPhotos.Net (courtesy of Jetphotos.net):

Garuda Indonesia wet-leased B763ER at LAX

Was it there to pick up some Muslim Indonesians for th Hajj flight? :help:

Edited by Andrew Ong

Why was Garuda Indonesia at LAX? :help:

look at this photo from JetPhotos.Net (courtesy of Jetphotos.net):

Garuda Indonesia wet-leased B763ER at LAX

Was it there to pick up some Muslim Indonesians for th Hajj flight? :help:

It was on it's was from europe to AKL for Maintainance with ANZES..

It was on it's was from europe to AKL for Maintainance with ANZES..

Quite shocked to see GA at LAX, thought they would use Santa Ana for refueling~~less busier..........I guess GA want to be catch by LAX spotters, or Kevin, which is there now :good:

Edited by Seth K

What is old cowling???

the pictures of MRE show one of the engine cowlings have been replaced (quite clearly the discoulouration is visible) and perhaps the statement was made in reference to that. I don't think it would be an "old" cowling - perhaps more a "standby" or "spare" cowling. Cowlings are supplied in this case via vendors/directly from RR.

Romeo Echo got some weird cowling exchange program going on . hee hee

Could be PIA? But if SV travelled it with the same?? hmmm.. maybe it was at an outside airport, needed cowling change and got one from another airlines inventory :D

Romeo Echo got some weird cowling exchange program going on . hee hee

Could be PIA? But if SV travelled it with the same?? hmmm.. maybe it was at an outside airport, needed cowling change and got one from another airlines inventory :D

Maybe its PIA because its being leased out (wet-leased) :pardon:

How come PIA didn't use their B742 (just asking)? :help:

Cowling Change = Aircrafts "L I V E S T R O N G " band... (jetlagged brains come up with lame jokes like this... :pardon: )

Maybe its PIA because its being leased out (wet-leased) :pardon:

So wht, Whenever an Aircraft is Leased Out it has to Change it's Engine Cowling..

So not Logic.

PIA B742s are apparently banned in Europe. Uncle Pieter can confirm! :D

Correct....moreover, PIA will be looked after by the EU Aviation Authorities (they're on the 'semi' black-list)

That's the reason why they're in dire need of aircraft (and wet-leased the MH 772)...

Correct....moreover, PIA will be looked after by the EU Aviation Authorities (they're on the 'semi' black-list)

That's the reason why they're in dire need of aircraft (and wet-leased the MH 772)...

But IAH still get the 742, I know this one with stop over at MAN, last time I check, MAN is in EU. So, what's going on? Is it fully ban Unc. Pieter?

Edited by Seth K

But IAH still get the 742, I know this one with stop over at MAN, last time I check, MAN is in EU. So, what's going on? Is it fully ban Unc. Pieter?

No more PK flights into IAH, Seth :blink:

All MAN flights pass overhead the Netherlands; here is the PK overview of 05dec06:

7608B1 AP-BEQ A310 PK769 1840-1928

7608B1 AP-BEQ A310 PK770 2100-2108

7608EA AP-BGJ B772 PK793 1159-1223

7608EB AP-BGK B772 PKAPBG 1544-1607

7608EB AP-BGK B772 PKAPBG 2309-0000

7608EC AP-BGL B772 PKAPBG 1100-1128

7608EC AP-BGL B772 PKAPBG 1600-1628

7608F2 AP-BGR A310 PK773 1549-1619

7608F2 AP-BGR A310 PK744 1853-1912

As you can see, only 777's and 310's operating into the GB (and NL) at present ;)

So wht, Whenever an Aircraft is Leased Out it has to Change it's Engine Cowling..

So not Logic.

Actually, I'll leave the rest of the discussion to the experts :)

Sign in to follow this