MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Chan CS

MYY spotting

Hello everyone, exam finished and today off I went spotting first time ever for me in Miri. But I found that it's very hard for a spotter to do spotting there, because good place is not easy to stay... Hehe... Just next to a highway where all those car speeding there, it's very dangerous.

Here are some photos of it

IPB Image

IPB Image

And I'm not a patient person, so I went to terminal so that at least I can get some photos...

MGG

IPB Image

MGD

IPB Image

MDK

IPB Image

Inside the terminal

IPB Image

(sorry for the reflection)

IPB Image

After that I went to a site next to the building, and found this t-otter landing, a little bit hard for her I think, strong wind.

IPB Image

IPB Image

That's all for today, and I'll be back to BKI soon, so I think this thread will be slow, but anyone of you who have photos in MYY are welcomed to post here. Sorry for the quality also, because I borrowed it.

Regards,

Chan

My god, is that KLIA???? :blink: So many activity at the check in hall!

Excellent shots Chan, I love them! Miri is in where? No widebody in Miri?

Keep the shot coming!

Edited by Seth K

Hi Chan,

Thanks for reminding me I was there 3 weeks ago. So the Isuzu (or Ford) promotion still going on there?

Seth, Miri is a town located near the Brunei border in the State of Sarawak. It used to be the oil town of Malaysia, with Royal Dutch Shell setting up the first oil drill there. I think Shell still has substantial operation there. The town may be small, but with lots of rich guys with gigantic bangalows and estates. Hope you can visit there.

It is also the hub of ex-MH-now-FX rural air service. That's why you can see a lot of F-50 and otters.

Whoa... FAX a/c everywhere.. Damn close to the plane ehh.. and airport looks so KLIA KIA alike :blink: , I also notice a B732 all white soemwhere at the airport.. wonder how loud she can get during take offs.. nice shot chan... love emmm :drinks:

Sim, thanks for your clarification! I never knew that it was their first drill here, haha... Well, as you can see it is still there, but I also don't know is it Ford or Isuzu, no mood to see them as it was very hot...

Seth, I think MYY will become the second busiest airport in Malaysia one day, because of their rural flight, and BKI is slowing now... Well, no scheduled wide body there... Charter maybe, you know, since soo many rich guys here...

Iggy, that B732 is loud when it take off, but it is light as it airborne quite fast last time I saw her, I think she is also one of the B732 that used by Post Office which we can always see in KUL. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yup, leased by Pos Malaysia... at least u get some noisy and smokey a/c to shoot at kekeke.. :lol:

Seth, Miri is a town located near the Brunei border in the State of Sarawak. It used to be the oil town of Malaysia, with Royal Dutch Shell setting up the first oil drill there. I think Shell still has substantial operation there. The town may be small, but with lots of rich guys with gigantic bangalows and estates. Hope you can visit there.

Plus, Miri is the only town on Borneo Island that sees incoming traffic from North America (UA, AA, Continental, Canadian), South America (Brazil, Venezuela, Chile, Argentina, and Mexico), Mid-East (Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Saudi, etc.), China, Japan (which includes ANA and previously JAS), Taiwan (Eva and CI), Russia, Europe (BA, Lufthansa, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, etc.) and India.

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Of course, I was just k*dd*i*. That airport is BUSY (comparably ;-) )!

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

AiyA... I tot really got <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_blum.gif" alt=":p">

Iggy, agree with u... really tot got... :p

Chan, thanks a lot for the inside terminal shot... bring me back some sweet memory... still remember the place u stand for the first shot, downstair is a cafe... still remember the price can killed a person easily... :p beside that, u are more luckier than BKI spotters... can spot the one and only F50 in FAX livery... in addition, the double-cab/pick-up are from Isuzu DMax, new generation of Isuzu Invader... :)

Chan, thanks a lot for the inside terminal shot... bring me back some sweet memory... still remember the place u stand for the first shot, downstair is a cafe... still remember the price can killed a person easily... :p beside that, u are more luckier than BKI spotters... can spot the one and only F50 in FAX livery... in addition, the double-cab/pick-up are from Isuzu DMax, new generation of Isuzu Invader... :)

Well, I believe foods in any airport are expensive, and if you think that is expensive, try go to the one inside the waiting lounge, your wallet will vomit... Hehe...

Miri is a city, not a town, although just a small city.

Yeah, you're right. And I believe they are growing.

Nice coverage of MYY, Chan :good:

Wonder if we can poke our lens through the fence to get a

wide-angle view of the MDK...

BTW.. is that guy a photographing engine#1 of the F50 in your MDK shot ?:)

Nice Shots Chan..

Especially of MGG.. :good:

Thanks for sharing..

Thanks Raj, grad that you like it. Currently the MGG is still famous, haha... Sooner or later it will be all the same I guess. So sad that MH c/s disappear already.

Nice coverage of MYY, Chan :good:

Wonder if we can poke our lens through the fence to get a

wide-angle view of the MDK...

BTW.. is that guy a photographing engine#1 of the F50 in your MDK shot ?:)

Hi Norman, thank you, and glad you like that too.

Well the fence there are double fences, so I've already poke my lens through the first fence... :sorry:

And about that guy, I'm not so sure what he is doing there. Well, you judge it. Anyway, is he a staff?

IPB Image

Chan

I'm back with photos to share here. This thread stayed hibernating for quite a long while... Haha...

Some pictures I got during recent trip...

They painted almost all of their Twin Otter, sorry just able to get these, they can't wait to get into the sky after a night stop.

DSC05062.jpg

DSC05066.jpg

And today I got something new, I never realised that MYY can handle A330 and B777... Sorry about that...

DSC05098.jpg

DSC05099.jpg

Enjoy, and comments please, thanks!!

Chan

Interesting coverage from The Resort City airport,Chan.

Haven't went to MYY by air,just went to MYY by road,11 years ago (1996)...Lots of change at MYY :blink:

Definately planning to visit MYY in the future :lol:

Interesting coverage from The Resort City airport,Chan.

Haven't went to MYY by air,just went to MYY by road,11 years ago (1996)...Lots of change at MYY :blink:

Definately planning to visit MYY in the future :lol:

So where were you came from to MYY 11 years ago?

AFAIK, MYY upgraded their terminal few years back, so I think you haven't been to the new one.

Btw, do inform me when you're here. Haha... I have no friend go spotting with me here........

Chan

So where were you came from to MYY 11 years ago?

AFAIK, MYY upgraded their terminal few years back, so I think you haven't been to the new one.

Btw, do inform me when you're here. Haha... I have no friend go spotting with me here........

Chan

I came from Sibu,When me and my family went to MYY 11 years ago.

Not just the new terminal ,I've haven seen the older terminal too! :sorry:

Sure,no problem.I got a friend at MYY (my former coursemate during my diploma studies) :lol: Sure i'll join you for spotting at MYY. Do bring me to Canada Hill,ok? :lol:

..... I never realised that MYY can handle A330 and B777 .....

Chan,

Wasn't there something in the press sometime back about MYY being able to accomodate the big birds physically, except they don't have the proper equipment to service the birds or something to that effect ?!

Chan,

Wasn't there something in the press sometime back about MYY being able to accomodate the big birds physically, except they don't have the proper equipment to service the birds or something to that effect ?!

Was that? Haha... I never know... But thanks for providing the info! Herm... That is their future expansion I suppose?

sighs chan is lucky la... that day me and delwin went to teh KCH airport think we can spot and snap the twotter from MKH in the end it never came in <_<

Hey Tamizi, why you want to go to that hill?

Hehehe... Actually early morning in MYY we can see many kinds of their otter and fokker, since this is their base. That's why lor, not lucky lar... Haha...

Btw Sim, Why does it looks intimidating? Red Devil? Haha...