MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Ng

Qatar Airways Increasing Capacity to KUL

77W. Even my non avgeek elderly parents complained that QR 787 is 'sempit' (too narrow/ uncomfortable) and now blankety refuse to be booked on QR again!

Yes, 3-3-3 Y class is a bit of a squeeze. That was why Airbus made such a big deal out of their 18 inch seats on the A350.

QATAR Airways Jan 2016 Kuala Lumpur Aircraft Adjustment

by JL

Posted at 0330GMT 03DEC15

QATAR Airways during the month of January 2016 is adjusting operational aircraft for Doha – Kuala Lumpur route. From DOH, QR844/845 will be operated by Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner, instead of 777-300ER on daily basis, from 01JAN16 to 31JAN16.

QR846 DOH0140 – 1410KUL EQV D

QR852 DOH0800 – 2030KUL 332 D

QR844 DOH1945 – 0755+1KUL 788 D

QR853 KUL0240 – 0545DOH 332 D

QR845 KUL0925 – 1150DOH 788 D

QR847 KUL2040 – 2345DOH EQV D

Qatar Airways will be flying its 787 to KUL in January.

Doh-Kul: QR844

Kul-Doh: QR845

Currently QR is flying its 777s to AUH, AMM, BKK, PEK, BLR, EZE, CAI, ORD, DFW, DPS, DXB, CAN, HAN, IAH, JED, LHE, LHR, LAX, MNL, MEL, MIA, YUL, BOM, JFK, CDG, PER, HKT, GRU, ICN, PVG, SYD (in March), NRT, IAD,

For Jan 2016 777 base maintenance activities(up till 7Jan only)

A7-BEA, A4 chk

A7-BAV, bridging+cabin config+A4

A7-BEB, A4

A7-BBH, A5

These aircrafts will be in the hangar. All short maintenance task.

For KUL they will fly 787 and 340 until March. Hope somebody will post the pics here

Currently QR is flying its 777s to AUH, AMM, BKK, PEK, BLR, EZE, CAI, ORD, DFW, DPS, DXB, CAN, HAN, IAH, JED, LHE, LHR, LAX, MNL, MEL, MIA, YUL, BOM, JFK, CDG, PER, HKT, GRU, ICN, PVG, SYD (in March), NRT, IAD,

For Jan 2016 777 base maintenance activities(up till 7Jan only)

A7-BEA, A4 chk

A7-BAV, bridging+cabin config+A4

A7-BEB, A4

A7-BBH, A5

These aircrafts will be in the hangar. All short maintenance task.

For KUL they will fly 787 and 340 until March. Hope somebody will post the pics here

Thanks for these update!

Quick one, would a QR Biz passenger be allowed to use the MH lounge at KUL?

Yes. As a J passenger on QR you can use any of the Oneworld lounges available. Golden Lounge Regional/Satellite or CX's Lounge which is poor by CX's standards. If you have a Oneworld Emerald equivalent status you may use the first class section of GL.

Edited by Walter Sim

Update: Parents were not allowed to enter MH Lounge at Satellite despite flying J with QR.

Guy said they only allow Enrich Platinum and Gold members in nowadays because they have cases of airlines not paying their dues to MH (did not understand this part).

Keen to escalate the matter, just to find out more. Any advice?

Update: Parents were not allowed to enter MH Lounge at Satellite despite flying J with QR.

Guy said they only allow Enrich Platinum and Gold members in nowadays because they have cases of airlines not paying their dues to MH (did not understand this part).

Visited mh lounge at kul satellite using qr ffp on qr flight recently.

Qr contract lounge at kul is plaza premium lounge.

Airlines are often charged on a per user basis for the use of partner airline lounges.

But kids allowed to enter when travelling QR J? Not sure what you meant by parent prohibition.

Still not clear about the parents issue and who was flying in QR J. Were parents booked in J or was Jani who was flying QR J hoping to guest-in parents who were flying in Y and Jani has no O/W elite status?

During check in did QR provide those golden lounge invitation paper. As I recall they would issue those during check-in. If they didnt you could still walk in and lounge staff will contact the airline check in crew for verification before letting passengers in.

Airlines are often charged on a per user basis for the use of partner airline lounges.

Understand mh charge ul us$45 and us$60 for use of j and f class lounge respectively. Believe because of this high charges, ow airline like qr is using ppl.

Understand mh charge ul us$45 and us$60 for use of j and f class lounge respectively. Believe because of this high charges, ow airline like qr is using ppl.

They might designate the PPL as their KUL lounge but they can't stop eligible passengers from using the Golden Lounge, per OW rules. Similarly, MH shouldn't deny entry to F/J/Emerald/Sapphire members on OW-operated flights as they wish.

I remember a while back the QF LAX lounge denied entry to eligible AA passengers, which created an uproar. OW publicly mentioned that the denial was erroneous and instructed QF to inform their staff accordingly.

They might designate the PPL as their KUL lounge but they can't stop eligible passengers from using the Golden Lounge, per OW rules. Similarly, MH shouldn't deny entry to F/J/Emerald/Sapphire members on OW-operated flights as they wish.

I remember a while back the QF LAX lounge denied entry to eligible AA passengers, which created an uproar. OW publicly mentioned that the denial was erroneous and instructed QF to inform their staff accordingly.

Not all ow airline lounge is designated for ow e.g ba concorde at lhr, qr al mourjan at doh, qr premium at lhr. However, less glamorous lounge is provided for Ow emerald/sapphire card holder at the same terminal.

Understand qr issue ppl voucher for j class pax and ow emerald/sapphire card holder at kul.

Edited by KK Lee

Not all ow airline lounge is designated for ow e.g ba concorde at lhr, qr al mourjan at doh, qr premium at lhr. However, less glamorous lounge is provided for Ow emerald/sapphire card holder at the same terminal.

Understand qr issue ppl voucher for j class pax and ow emerald/sapphire card holder at kul.

I never said anything about those lounges with exceptional access policies, as they're irrelevant in this case. MH lounges follow the standard OW access policies, just like vast majority of lounges operated by OW airlines. Jani's parents were departing from KUL so I'm not sure how DOH came into the picture.

The issuance of a pass for a third party lounge has nothing to do with the passenger's entitlement to access other OW lounges. All you need is to present is the boarding pass.

Exclusions from the general policy are always stated explicitly and disclosed publicly. The MH lounges have never been excluded from the general norm.

I once had a similar situation when trying to access the CI lounge at KUL when flying on GA.

GA issued a lounge pass for PPL, but I know what Skyteam policies were. The folks manning the CI lounge were quite adamant in not letting me in, saying that CI had problems getting member airlines to pay for access of its passengers. I told those people that they should abide by the Skyteam rules and chasing bad debts is not my problem - I then just helped my self into the CI lounge...

In short, MH (like CI) should sort out payment from member airlines themselves and not use that as an excuse to bar qualified pax from using the facilities. For all we know (or don't), there could be lack of documentation issues that prevents MH from getting payment from others like QR - but that is really its problem to resolve. The pax shouldnt be blamed for backroom issues.

Thanks for the replies guys. Since they booked through an agent, probably easier for them to complain to the agent who can bring it up to QR.

Especially agree with Mushrif that MH shouldn't "penalize" customers but I guess I can see it from their perspective, if QR really didn't pay what they owe to MH.

However despite it being the fault of QR, it looks bad on MH.

No, you shouldnt see it from MH's view. What if payment has been withheld due to poor record keeping by MH to back up the charges? My point us no qualified pax should be denied access on such backroom issues.

Sign in to follow this