MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

U guys are suffering from the KUL shut out and decided to go to SIN for more action?

Thanks for sharing! T1 viewing mall is a great place for close ups and nose jobs! :)

Here are some of my shots.

DSC_0013.jpg

A6-EBN

DSC_0044.jpg

9V-JSG

DSC_0231.jpg

HS-TJF, PHANOM SARAKHAM

DSC_0239.jpg

B-HNG. Smell my Jet A1 Fuel!

DSC_0252.jpg

PK-AXI

Edited by Keith Ng

Nice pics Keith! Maybe you will soon learn how to correct the green tinted glasses. :good:

U guys are suffering from the KUL shut out and decided to go to SIN for more action?

Thanks for sharing! T1 viewing mall is a great place for close ups and nose jobs! :)

Well flee, it was just another planned spotting session in SIN though.

Now I know why you want to get home ASAP. I thought you want to sleep. <_>

Why?? :lol: :lol:

Anyways continuing some few more shots from the T1 viewing mall (which was said to be "UNDER RENOVATION" to us by the airport information counter staff).

VT-SCL-WSSS-VM-19-02-11.jpg

VT-SCL, Air India's A319 which have already stopped flying to KUL for some time now. :sorry:

PK-LFY-WSSS-VM-19-02-11.jpg

Lion Air's 737-900ER. Many were already discussing in the GA subforum about MH acquiring them. Seen here was PK-LFY.

PK-KRL-WSSS-VM-19-02-11.jpg

I first saw this small little F27 PK-KRL operated by Asialink last year during our anniversary celebrations. Saw it again yesterday, and here's a pic to just compare her size with the other competitors.

3B-NBJ-WSSS-VM-19-02-11.jpg

Air Mauritius' A340-300 rego 3B-NBJ still seen in its old colours. It shouldn't be long before it's painted and from my past observation, all paint job for MK was done by MH's E&M support in KLIA.

HS-TJF-WSSS-VM-19-02-11.jpg

HS-TJF, opb TG seen here making a 90 degree turn for gate C13.

9V-SQD-WSSS-VM-19-02-11.jpg

Spotting in SIN is never complete without any shots of SQ. Seen here is 9V-SQD, Boeing 772ER.

More to come soon! Till then, cheers!

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

Nice pics Keith! Maybe you will soon learn how to correct the green tinted glasses. :good:

Thanks Ramani! Your pics are way awesome-r. :drinks: I actually thought I resized those pics using Nero PhotoSnap Viewer, but it turned out un-resized. :sorry:

Hi guys.....I'm new in this forum. I just want say congratulation to everybody who contribute in this thread. I enjoyed looking at all the pictures. I personally think you guys did a great job. Cheers guys..... :clapping:

Same with me... Im not a spotters with fancy camera but i really enjoyed and appreciate all of the photos...

The fact that u guyz wait at certain spot for better angle,with sometimes of the day for better light... That's admirable..

Keep 'em coming!

Great shots, guys !!! SIN is always rewarding aircraft/airlines - wise !!!

Just missed you by 2 days... :(

I can't imagine the F27 next to the B744 or the A380. No shots from the beach this time?

It's currently 02 season and you'll only get aircrafts departing at Changi Beach. Instead the place to be is at Changi Business Park.

Great shots, guys !!! SIN is always rewarding aircraft/airlines - wise !!!

Just missed you by 2 days... :(

Uncle Pieter, it's ok, we will meet another time and hopefully you had a great holiday down here with your wife. We shall not keep our options closed yeah! :)

Just one more shot to share before I leave for work.

VN-A371-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

Vietnam Airlines' Airbus A330-200 in Skyteam colours rego VN-A371. It was raining quite heavily at this time and sorry for the quality. But I just have one thing to say, that's probably the worst paint job I've ever seen!

Cheers!

Same with me... Im not a spotters with fancy camera but i really enjoyed and appreciate all of the photos...

The fact that u guyz wait at certain spot for better angle,with sometimes of the day for better light... That's admirable..

Keep 'em coming!

Syukri, you don't need a fancy camera to get good results at places like the T1 Viewing Mall. Even a point and shoot camera is able to capture great pix. Just got to set the camera up correctly and use good photography techniques! Why don't you give it a go? You will be pleasantly surprised! :)

Nice shots all!

There are actually 3 panels of glass which are almost untinted - I always use only these 3 panels to shoot through. They are marked by the red triangles. :)

Continuing from where I left off.

S2-ADF-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

I was seriously hoping to see a new Biman bird in SIN since she arrives and departs out of KUL early in the morning but I guess it just wasn't my day. Seen here an A310 rego S2-ADF still in old colours.

9V-SKC-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

Not having a BG bird in new colours is definitely not a problem because we have BiGger birds here. 9V-SKC arriving as SQ212 from SYD.

The next four series of aircrafts were all caught in the space of 2 hours showing a mixed fleet of MU operating into SIN.

B-2078-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

First was a B77F rego B-2078. Definitely my first seeing a B77F

B-2317-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

Next up was B-2317, operated by an AB6.

B-5095-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

Followed by B-5095, a Boeing 737-700.

B-2331-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

And lastly an A319, B-2331. Good point to note is that they all come from different places!

F-GYAO-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

It was first reported 8M's flight to SIN was canceled but it couldn't get any better when they decided to send in A321, F-GYAO, in the last available light until the next 2 hours or so.

Probably by now the guys in SIN would have been bored seeing some similar traffic, but the best thing about spotting in SIN is that you get some rare private jets too! Just to share 2 of them first for the time being..

N450GA-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

A G-IV rego N450GA arriving from DEL.

N383LS-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

A pretty common visitor in SIN and sometimes in SZB. N383LS, G-V, owned by the Las Vegas Sands Corp arriving from HKG.

More to come in the next installment, looking forward to pics from the rest too. Have a great day ahead! :drinks:

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

It's currently 02 season and you'll only get aircrafts departing at Changi Beach. Instead the place to be is at Changi Business Park.

I see.. Thanks for the info! Keep 'em coming! :good:

Good shots Ramani & Keith. :good:

Sure worth your early morning flight and back in the evening on a day trip. :clapping:

F-GYAO-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

It was first reported 8M's flight to SIN was canceled but it couldn't get any better when they decided to send in A321, F-GYAO, in the last available light until the next 2 hours or so.

Thanks for sharing your catch, Sri Ramani! :clapping:

I find MAI interesting - looks like on the leased A321 from Air Mediterranee (hence the French reggo), they forgot to paint the airline titles! ;) The reggo is also located lower on the fuselage.

Compare and contrast with another of their rather old (20+ years) A320s:

148025.jpg

Thanks Chaity!

Used CS5 to edit my pics for the first time. Normally I'll just use Picasa. Would really appreciate it if fellow MW members would give some comment and advice.

Cathay.jpg

B-HNF. That is KLM's PH-BVD under this Boeing.

KLM.jpg

PH-BVD. I know this plane is quite common for certain KUL spotters since it came KUL 4 times in 8days. <_<

British777.jpg

G-YMML. KEEPING THE FLAG FLYING :yahoo:

Tiger.jpg

9V-TAE

France.jpg

F-GSQM

British.jpg

G-CIVW. AIR FORCE SCRUM

Qantas.jpg

VH-OQG

SIA.jpg

9V-SKI

Good shots Ramani & Keith. :good:

Sure worth your early morning flight and back in the evening on a day trip. :clapping:

Thank you Master Chaity. We never forgot you or even your presence, as we made it a point to talk about you even while in SIN. :rofl: Here's one dedicated to you (although you had to work.. :sorry: )

JA620A-WSSS-CBP-19-02-11.jpg

NH sent in a special, JA620A. A 767-300ER fitted with winglets. One thing that opposes the other double bogey landing gear designs, the forward two wheels touch down first :)

:drinks:

Edited by Sri Ramani K.

Ok, the colours of the pictures from my previous post are terrible and horrifying, i hope no eye sore :rofl:

ANA.jpg

IAA.jpg

Thank you Master Chaity. We never forgot you or even your presence, as we made it a point to talk about you even while in SIN. :rofl: Here's one dedicated to you (although you had to work.. :sorry: )

NH sent in a special, JA620A. A 767-300ER fitted with winglets. One thing that opposes the other double bogey landing gear designs, the forward two wheels touch down first :)

:drinks:

Thanks for the dedication Ramani and now I know why I sneeze a lot last Sat. :drinks: :lol:

I will get that JA620A next time. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the dedication Ramani and now I know why I sneeze a lot last Sat. :drinks: :lol:

I will get that JA620A next time. :rolleyes:

Chaity, u inspire a lot of people here - so don't be surprised if sneezing is a permanent feature of your day! ;)

BTW, the sister ship JA619A was also spotted in WSSS/SIN, another target for you to aim your L lens at!

148036.jpg