MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

25/11

Today mark the day Batavia begins its operation into Changi. This is the afternoon flight - "Batavia 863" PK-YVC from Semarang.

PK-YVC_WSSS_251109.jpg

Other notable movements.

9M-AFQ

9M-AFQ_WSSS_251109.jpg

TC-JDL Star Alliance

TC-JDL_WSSS_251109.jpg

Neptune Air 9M-NEA

9M-NEA_WSSS_251109.jpg

Royal Brunei V8-MBH was here in Changi twice today. Didn't manage to catch it on both occasions.

QF10 was again operated by 'Qantas Socceroos' VH-OJS.

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

25/11

Today mark the day Batavia begins its operation into Changi. This is the afternoon flight - "Batavia 863"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/kianhong/PK-YVC_WSSS_251109.jpg

Other notable movements.

Neptune Air 9M-NEA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/kianhong/9M-NEA_WSSS_251109.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Been long time my eye not see Batavia picture...hehe...nice 1..

BTW I saw either yesterday or 2 day ago evening around 1700LT,the Neptune Air flying around SZB airspace for several time,,could be another B737 which just roll out from Airod Hangar.. :pardon: :pardon:

Been long time my eye not see Batavia picture...hehe...nice 1..

BTW I saw either yesterday or 2 day ago evening around 1700LT,the Neptune Air flying around SZB airspace for several time,,could be another B737 which just roll out from Airod Hangar.. :pardon: :pardon:

I'm not sure if its the same one but I got a shot of it from my cam and its REGO is 9M-NEA. Same as those posted up earlier. If I'm not mistaken, it flew pass my house twice.

In the last few weeks, our quest for pictures of the planes that brought in leaders of APEC member countries did not quite pan out well due to a combination of timings and weather.

And on 25 November . . . all that disappointment disappeared as it was a glorious day and I had an especially fruitful day of photography. I was waiting to put them all together in one upload here . . . but this plan was overtaken by events that took place this morning. The star of my day on 25 Nov happened to be Z-BAV, the MD-11F of AVIENT which crashed in Shanghai this morning.

As such, this upload will just be one image of Z-BAV on final approach into Changi Airport at the end of its flight SMJ381 from Hong Kong. It sailed in on a perfect morning . . . with two streams of condensation coming off the flaps' trailing edges. Now the joy of having photographed this beautiful plane has turned to one of sadness . . . knowing that three of the crew members perished in the Shanghai accident. Our deepest condolences to the families and loved ones of the three deceased crew members. And may their souls rest in heaven.

And our thoughts and prayers are with the four surviving crew members, hoping that they will soon recover from their injuries and return home to their loved ones.

This image is dedicated to all the seven crew members of Z-BAV and their families and loved ones. Our thoughts are with you.

mw-Z-BAV-2009-11-25-02Cr-APS.jpg

All other images that I had intended to upload will be held over till another day.

KC Sim

Really lovely colour scheme on the Avient M11F! Indeed it was such a pity that she was gone after barely one week in service with such an interesting airline (an Airliner World feature on Avient a couple of months ago comes to mind).

KC,is that the photo of the Zimbabwean cargo plane that went down in Shanghai yesterday? :blink:

RIP to the crews perished..2nd MD-11F crashed this year :sorry: :(

The photo of the ill-fated MD-11F is now 'Top 5 of the last 24 hours' photos at A.net.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

APEC 2009 brought in 29 VVIP/VIP aircraft from 16 nations . . . but bad weather and bad timings conspired to ensure many of us were left counting only a paltry handful of shots. The Russians were my favourite as two of their planes arrived in daylight with passable weather. These are an Ilyushin IL96-300 and an Ilyushin IL-62. President Megvedev arrived in the IL-96-300 RA-96016 flight RSD001.

mw-RA96016-0209-11-14-05Br-APS.jpg

mw-RA-86559-0209-11-14-01Cr-APS.jpg

Although Cambodia is not an APEC member state, its Prime Minister Hun Sen arrived in an Airbus A321 of Cambodia Angkor Air to attend the US/ASEAN Summit with US President Barack Obama.

mw-VN-A351-2009-11-15-06Cr-Cambo-1.jpg

Naturally many of us were keen to photograph Air Force One and the US Air Force planes that should come with it. All our energy and resourcefulness came to a big fat nought when these planes arrived and departed in the dark - no thanks perhaps to President Obama's revised schedule as a result of the shooting incident in the US Army camp and the resulting memorial service. So just for a good laugh, here's my desperate shot of Air Force One departing to Shanghai Pudong :yahoo:

mw-AirForceOne-2009-11-15-01Cr-TOP.jpg

While waiting for the Cambodian A321, we were surprised by two unexpected visitors including the F100 of Alliance Air (Australia) and an Indonesian Embraer Legacy.

mw-VH-FKG-0209-11-14-02Cr-APS.jpg

mw-PK-OME-0209-11-14-02Cr-APS.jpg

After APEC 2009 closed, some sunny weather returned to Singapore and we therefore resumed regular photography.

Still one of the cutest plane in Changi must surely be the A319 of Air India taken on 25 Nov 2009, a truly sunny Sunday.

mw-VT-SCG-2009-11-25-01Cr-APS.jpg

The same day produced a line-up of lovely planes, including Gulf Air's Airbus A321 arriving in SIN for a maintenance visit.

mw-A9C-ET-2009-11-25-02Br-BahrainAi.jpg

Turkish Airlines sent her A340-300 in Star Alliance livery . . . finally my first truly sunny shot of it.

mw-TC-JDL-2009-11-25-07Cr-StarAllia.jpg

Batavia Air inaugurated services to Singapore on 25 Nov 2009 using an Airbus A319 PK-YVC routing Jakarta-Singapore-Semarang-Singapore-Jakarta. One some days, an A320 is operated. Does anyone know what the logo on the tail depicts? One of us thought it looks like the tongue of a dog.

mw-PK-YVC-2009-11-25-03Cr-Inaugural.jpg

One does ever tire of seeing Garuda's beautiful A330-200 in new colours, especially in good light.

mw-PK-GPH-2009-11-25-03Cr1-VisitInd.jpg

And when the sun get low on the horizon, even regular visitors like Air France's B777-300ER and SIA's A380 look great.

mw-F-GSQG-2009-11-25-02Cr-APP.jpg

mw-9V-SKF-2009-11-25-03Cr-APP.jpg

Glad to share these shots with you.

KC Sim

You never fail to amaze me with your shots, bro !!!

Your best one this time ? 29000 :p

Honestly, keep those interesting pictures coming...was Alliance also part of the APEC 2009 conference visitors ?

Hi Pieter,

Alliance does not seem to be related to APEC 2009 but was a good surprise that made up for the disappointment we experienced in chasing APEC planes.

Rumours have been heard about Biman's first B777-212ER (currently regd 9V-SRA) going to AMS for painting in its new colours. It is now all-white and it did test flights on 30 Nov and 01 Dec. Look out for it or perhaps your paintshop colleagues know something.

KC Sim

Someone remembered to send a Christmas present four days ahead . . . in the form of a DC-8 VP-BHM. It arrived in SIN today from Subang . . . how sweet of our Malaysian friends to send it our way. Wishing all a blessed Christmas and a great year in 2010.

mw-DeeCee8.jpg

KC Sim

Here are some shot spotting for the first time in WSSS. Was there for a short time from 1800 to 1915 at Changi business park catching arrivals from runway 02L.

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

The arrival of the private jet causing this QF6 from FRA to go around.

DSC_0129.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

Indeed Changi never disappoint. 5 744 coming in 45 minutes time. Wonderful!

Rumours have been heard about Biman's first B777-212ER (currently regd 9V-SRA) going to AMS for painting in its new colours. It is now all-white and it did test flights on 30 Nov and 01 Dec. Look out for it or perhaps your paintshop colleagues know something.

KC Sim

Checked yesterday with the 'boys' but nothing known sofar...will keep my eyes open during my almost daily walks to the hangars ;)

Hope to meet you and the rest of the SIN-clan 07feb2010, while at the SIN Airshow... :yahoo:

mw-DeeCee8.jpg

Saw this one about 2 years ago at GVA, although in a different colourscheme: looks great now !!! :good:

Not many 8-sixty-two's around anymore... :(

An Antonov AN-124 of Antonov Design Bureau (RA-82009) arrived at Changi Airport this morning from Karachi . . . nothing earth-shaking about this. But on closer inspection, I realised that this is the first time I am seeing one that dreams of being a B787 . . .

mw-RA-82009-2009-12-29-00Cr-APS.jpg

Check out the chevrons on the trailing edge of the engine nacelles . . . just as Boeing had incorporated in the Dreamliner. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery . . . but I am sure Boeing will not be amused.

mw-RA-82009-2009-12-29-01Cr-APS.jpg

KC Sim

Happy New Year everyone! :drinks:

01/01/10

Qatar Airways B772LR A7-BBB

A7-BBB_MW.jpg

Cathay Pacific One World A343 B-HXG

B-HXG_MW.jpg

Vietnam Airlines also surprised us with a B772 VN-A146 instead of the usual A321

VN-A146_MW.jpg

9V-JSG returned from down under to finally join 3K's fleet recently, and she has different font for the titles compared to the others.

9V-JSG_MW.jpg

Batavia Air A319 PK-YVA being spotted with a relatively new Visit Indonesia Year 2009 sticker behind her titles.

PK-YVA_MW.jpg

Let's hope for many more specials to come our way this year in great weather! :)

Here's mine from CBP.

Delayed old color Asiana Cargo B744F (HL7420).

HL7420_WSSS_010110.jpg

Vietnam sent B777 (VN-A146) with a asymm-color cowling. We spotted her even when she was on her downwind leg at 6000ft. B)

VN-A146_WSSS_010110.jpg

CX A343 'One World' B-HXG.

B-HXG_WSSS_010110.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers and Happy New Year. :)

Edited by kianhong

9V-JSG returned from down under to finally join 3K's fleet recently, and she has different font for the titles compared to the others
This paint job was done in Maastricht a couple of years ago, I used to work on her regularly when she was VH-JQE. Similar to A321 VH-VWT which is different again.

Nguyen is working n living near the approach path of 02L. :pardon:

Dear Kianhong, is your Vietnamese friend Nguyen a MW member? I'll be very happy to see or contact a compatriot during the SIN Airshow. BTW your pics taken at WSSS are very nice. I'm not familiar with Changi air traffic therefore my last October spotting there was disappointing.

Dc10F_CZ_sin_7552.jpg

Photo of CZ's MD11F taken through the glass partition at the T1's outdoor smoking area