MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

Afternoon all,

Virgin Australia B777-300ER VH-VPH is due to depart Sydney for Singapore at 0800(Sydney time) on Monday morning 26/2/12, it should arrive if calculations are correct around 1425 (Singapore time). This is the 1st VA B77W to be going for a repaint from the V Australia livery into the Virgin Australia colours (See link for more details).

http://yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?p=72274#post72274

Emirates B777-300ER A6-EGO with the 1000th B777 special titles at the back. 19 years ago, the 1000th B747 was delivered to Singapore Airlines and SQ would be bidding farewell to the B747 this Friday. How times had changed....

A6-EGO_9V.jpg

In addition, Emirates also sent their B777-200LR A6-EWJ

A6-EWJ_9V.jpg

Not to be outdone by its Arab rival, Qatar Airways also sent in a B777-200LR A7-BBI which is the 100th aircraft to be delivered to the airline. However, the size of the sticker near the cockpit could definitely not match the huge billboard titles on A6-EGO!

A7-BBI_9V.jpg

Korean Air B777-200ER HL7752 'New Horizons of Korea'

HL7752_9V.jpg

After the March school holidays, Hong Kong Airlines had reverted back to using the Hong Kong Express B738s for the afternoon flight from HKG.

B-KBU_TR.jpg

Vietnam Airlines Skyteam A330-200 VN-A371 with a white nosecone.

VN-A371_whitenose_9V.jpg

Wow! Indonesia Air Asia A320 PK-AXS definitely looks stunning in the strong afternoon sun.

PK-AXS_9V.jpg

G-BNLI One World

G-BNLI_TR.jpg

In addition, there were also a number of colourful business jets which landed on runway 20R this afternoon.

Bombardier Global Express VP-BJI is a regular at Changi but I never get tired of her colourful livery!

VP-BJI_9V.jpg

Jet Asia Bombardier Global Express N889JA

N889JA_TR.jpg

NetJets Gulfstream G550 N518QS

N518QS_9V.jpg

Thanks for viewing! :)

Tiger Mandala inaugurated flights between Medan and Singapore.

mw-PK-RMN-2012-04-20-01Cr-MDL-A320-APP.jpg

KC Sim

A320 actually leased from TR Singapore ? ex reg ?

A320 actually leased from TR Singapore ? ex reg ?

Searched on net, It was 9V-TRC :)

Edited by LeeTZ

Went down to Changi Beach hoping to catch some new planes like Tiger Mandala or Cargolux B748 but had no luck. So ended the afternoon with some pretty normal traffic!

Here are a few to share:

I will miss the Sri Lankan A343s - looks like they are going for more frequency and better economics these days:

843473.jpg

Although I did not get to see any B748F, I was happy to welcome this:

839305.jpg

First time for me to see this LH bird. A relative will be taking LH A380 to FRA on 1 May:

843475.jpg

KLM Asia arrives:

843476.jpg

SQ B777 pilot who was at the beach with me said that the RSAF aircraft come in from all sorts of direction. They have to lookout hard each time they are informed there are RSAF movements!

843474.jpg

Did not get many flights on the classic Airbus A310 when they were in the SQ fleet. But nice to see that they are still flying:

839309.jpg

839308.jpg

I wonder if they will win the World's Best LCC as well this year?

839306.jpg

Went down to Changi Beach hoping to catch some new planes like Tiger Mandala or Cargolux B748 but had no luck.

Mandala arrives in the morning as RI860 at 0945LT. B748s seem to have stopped visiting SIN.

Mandala arrives in the morning as RI860 at 0945LT. B748s seem to have stopped visiting SIN.

What a shame - I guess it really depends on whether there is sufficient cargo load to deploy the B748F to SIN.

What a shame - I guess it really depends on whether there is sufficient cargo load to deploy the B748F to SIN.

The Cargolux B748F (LX-VCD) came in today, set my alarm but I overslept ! :finger:

The Cargolux B748F (LX-VCD) came in today, set my alarm but I overslept ! :finger:

What flight and time did she come in as today? Is it a regular 748 service?

What flight and time did she come in as today? Is it a regular 748 service?

CV 792 from LUX/KWI . Arrived just a few minutes after 8. (scheduled arrival time 0730). Not sure, but don't think so. Departed at 1030 for HKG/GYD/LUX.

Edited by Yap Wei Heng

750_SIN.jpg

Followed this guy, callsign Copper, for takeoff. Another one took off 2 aircraft ahead. There were some RSAF F50 activities as well.

Edited by Radzi

There is a Fuerza Aerea Columbiana B767 sitting on the North Remote Apron somewhere around stand 306 or TWY N3... Shot is probably possible from T1 Viewing Gallery.

She looks like she's fitted for aerial refuelling too. Long way from home.

There is a Fuerza Aerea Columbiana B767 sitting on the North Remote Apron somewhere around stand 306 or TWY N3... Shot is probably possible from T1 Viewing Gallery.

She looks like she's fitted for aerial refuelling too. Long way from home.

She will be departing back to Dubai tomorrow morning. I presume that DXB is a stopover for her long journey home.

Edited by Andre Giam

The day we have waited long is finally here ... as SCOOT's first B777-200 9V-OTC takes to the sky on its maiden test flight. The departure was delayed from 1100hrs to 1220hrs ... a lengthy wait for one who is anxious and nervous. But it was finally pushed back and taxied to runway 20C for take-off. From this angle, the airline's title on the tail became "SOOT" instead of "SCOOT".

mw-9V-OTC-2012-05-28-01Cr-TOP.jpg

What was planned to be a one-hour test flight turned into a waiting game ... as 9V-OTC remained aloft somewhere out there for four hours! And when it finally returned, to my horror, it was cleared to runway 20C which called for a mad dash to another spot. The effort was worth it as I got there in time to snap this shot in good afternoon light.

mw-9V-OTC-2012-05-28-04Cr-APS.jpg

Happy with my catch so far, I gave myself a well-deserved rest ... until my eyes caught sight of a yellow dot approaching runway 20R. Yet another adrenalin-rush as I scrambled to get into position for this shot ...

mw-9V-OTC-2012-05-28-06Cr-APS.jpg

... and before it disappeared for the last time today, I just had to grab this nose shot to remind all of the airline's website.

mw-9V-OTC-2012-05-28-09Cr-APS-Nose.jpg

Besides SCOOT, this day was perhaps better remembered for a whole basket of special planes and great light ... but for now, this is all I could process and post on this site.

KC Sim

Thanks KC for sharing those photos. :drinks:

Life is always full of surprises and so is chasing aircraft from one runway to another. Phew ! :pardon:

I feel that the title on the tail is too big and look awkward.

Anyway, will always welcome new airline and livery in the air. :clapping:

Thanks for the superb coverage from SIN, KC. :good:

Agree with Chaity on the Scoot title - they should just shrink it so that it only gets painted on the tail and not the rear fuselage.

Agree also with Chaity and Francis about the size of the tail title ... having it flowing onto the fuselage distorts it when view from certain angle. On the port side, it risks becoming "SOOT" and on the starboard side, it could potentially look like "SCOT".

Another feature of the livery which is a tad too large is the registration ... it "escapes" from the yellow section of the fuselage and ever so lightly touches on the white. Rather awkward, I thought.

The one thing I really liked about the livery is the use of yellow .... my favourite colour on an airplane.

I cannot wait to try out my first Scoot experience on the inaugural flight to Bangkok on July 5.

KC Sim

Really like the Scoot livery: quite refreshing (+ yellow, making it so)...

the Scoot livery isnt too bad, thx for sharing

Agreed. Quite a bold design IMHO. Reminds me of the ribbon on JAS T7.