MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

Singapore Changi Airport Spotting

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all ...

Various Asian destinations including Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong were visited by Cargolux's newly-delivered B747-8Fs ... yet another view of one landing at Changi.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/aviasian/mw-LX-VCD-2011-11-20-07Cr-CLX-B748F-APP.jpg

YOU FORGOT BKK.........

Hi Happy New Year... had fun visiting lovely WSSS...

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg

This spotting is a tiring hobby.... :-)

IMG_3072.jpg

Had some rains in 3 days but then again when sun shines... its awesome! I would never get tired visiting here.

Cheers,

Raj

Nice pictures, and according your signature, a nice itinerary !!!

Yeah, that Crowne Plaza room is a fantastic place to be/stay at, I agree...

Can we expect a trip-report ? I'm especially interested in the AI flights :pardon:

Nice shots Raj....

Feel so bad now on missing the fun of spotting together from Crowne.... :sorry:

No worries, there is always next time, as I always take opportunity to stop by in SE Asia whenever I get the chance. I would have loved to spot KL for a day except not enough time and also spotting not like it was before..... however thats more so reason for Penang right :-)

25 Feb 2012

Today's specials - not too bad for an afternoon's spotting session.

IMG_8402_processed_c10.jpg

F-GZNE

IMG_8232_processed_c10.jpg

OH-LQE

Edited by Kwek

Kwek,

Good to see some imput from you again: Merci & Kiitos :pardon:

Nice shots Raj from your excellent room! We could see clearly a very sick airline from that window.......

Kwek,

Good to see some imput from you again: Merci & Kiitos :pardon:

+1 Good to see some Kwek photos.

Nice shots Raj from your excellent room! We could see clearly a very sick airline from that window.......

Yes, Azahan hear they are not doing so well and may not see 2013! It would be shame, cuz I flew Bombay-Bangalore one and only time with them and was one of my better domestic flight.

Summer spotting in Singapore just got better with news that Air France is deploying its Airbus A380 to Singapore on three days a week starting 2 April 2012. AF had previously announced that it will add three flights per week to its current daily schedule but suddenly, it has decided not to add those three flights and instead upsize three existing flights to A380!

Now that is what I call good planning ... now my right index finger is itching.

KC Sim

A surprise from Lion Airlines ... after having a special orange tail for its 50th B737-900ER, it brought its newly-delivered 60th B737-900ER PK-LJO to Singapore this morning.

mw-PK-LJO-2012-03-10-03Cr-LNI-B739ER-60th-TOS.jpg

KC Sim

Indeed a surprise KC. Good for you. Something Asean should be proud of for having an Airliner to have 60 739 and counting. And they are purchased brand new!

After a tiring trans-Pacific crossing ... it is nice to be back home. Especially when my first day back at spotting brought some nice planes. KLM started the ball rolling with its Skyteam liveried B77W and the rest rolling in ...

My joy for the day was one of the three final B744s operating for Singapore Airlines ... 9V-SPJ returned from an air test minus its title and tail logo and will eventually go to Transaero Airlines.

mw-9V-SPJ-2012-03-16-01Cr-SIA-B744-NoTitleNoTailLogo-APP.jpg

Qantas flight QF6 from Frankfurt finally did what I have hoped for a very very long time ... and brought in the Go Wallabies B747-400!

mw-VH-OJO-2012-03-16-01Cr-QFA-B744-GoWallabies-APP.jpg

I noted that there was a "biz-jet" registered N610G ... I did not bother to check what it was assuming that it must be another almost all-white bizjet ... and I was not wrong, except that it was a little larger but still all-white. I wish someone could definitely tell me what COMCO does ...

mw-N610G-2012-03-16-01Cr-COMCO-B752-APP.jpg

A subject that we will only see for a short while ... actually, for just about another week from now ... Hong Kong Airlines has since 1 March replaced the A332 with a newly-delivered A320. I finally got it after many failed attempts - thanks to dual runway operation.

mw-B-LPB-2012-03-16-01Cr-HX-A320-APP.jpg

The last one here is no special to most ... but for a TriJet worshipper, it is always special. I have long wondered why China Cargo's flightcode is CK ... I realised today that its ICAO callsign is "Cargo King" ... see, we learn something everyday.

mw-B-2179-2012-03-16-01Cr-CK-MD11F-APP.jpg

KC Sim

I noted that there was a "biz-jet" registered N610G ... I did not bother to check what it was assuming that it must be another almost all-white bizjet ... and I was not wrong, except that it was a little larger but still all-white. I wish someone could definitely tell me what COMCO does ...

mw-N610G-2012-03-16-01Cr-COMCO-B752-APP.jpg

KC Sim

KC , here u go....me thinks its a new version of CIA Air America http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comco

Wow, you could almost imagine this going to S7 Airlines!

Nice!!!

KC Sim

to be used by fire-brigade ?

Some interesting movements since the start of the year...I know I'm very late in posting this...

Starting with Vladivostok Avia's 3rd last flight to Singapore on the 10th of January...Took an afternoon off work for this :pardon:

DSC_8769_011012_VP-BEQ.jpg

Next up, Thai upsized their noon flight to BKK to the A346 during some days of the Chinese New Year...

DSC_8856_012612_HS-TNB.jpg

Yet again another equipment sub from Thai, this time, their A300 is finally seen in Singapore...despite being very commonly seen a few years back

DSC_9178_013112_HS-TAS.jpg

After a long time of waiting, Cathay finally sent their OneWorld 343 to SIN on Feb 8...

DSC_0062_020812_B-HXG.jpg

Business Air operating one of their charters to Bangkok...

DSC_0516_020912_HS-BIB.jpg

The 2nd last week of Condor's operations in Singapore... Missed the full peanuts livery 2 weeks earlier due to wind conditions...

DSC_0678_021312_D-ABUF.jpg

Feb 29 was a great day for spotting...Biman finally sent in their stunning 77W (in light) to SIN :yahoo: ...

DSC_1635_022912_S2-AFO.jpg

...Along with Finnair's A343 in OneWorld scheme...

DSC_2165_022912_OH-LQE.jpg

and bankrupt Air Australia's A320 in Strategic Airlines colours made a short stop-over in Singapore before flying off to Male.

DSC_2354edit_022912_VH-YQA.jpg

Cathay then sent 2 of their newest aircraft fitted with their new premium economy to SIN though we are not scheduled to receive them...B-KPY and B-LAN... so far, the first and only visits to Changi.

DSC_2762edit_030612_B-KPY.jpg

DSC_2937_030812_B-LAN.jpg

And finally, caught a KLM special scheme after so long in the form of their 'Tile & Inspire' cs PH-BQP

DSC_3019_030812_PH-BQP.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Edited by Yap Wei Heng

Good for you, as the tiles have been removed from BQP since 2 weeks...

Good for you, as the tiles have been removed from BQP since 2 weeks...

Really? I took the shot of -BQP on the 8th of March...Thanks for the info.

Edited by Yap Wei Heng